ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Any Tier-1 (General) new applicants??

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

nevadawipes

Post by nevadawipes » Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:02 pm

jkotha2000 wrote:Hi,

I called up Home office and was told that my case is with Case worker's manager to have a close look.

Can any one comment ? ? ?..
purple2008

Posted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:01 pm Post subject: processing times

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just called today and they said they are considering Tier 1 applications submitted June 10.

I submitted mine on June 30 and sent in a request for urgent treatment last week, but they said my case still isn't in the database.

Is there anyone out there who has made a request for urgent treatment lately and gotten a response?

chinkal
Newly Registered

i just callled HO to check status of my application

Post by chinkal » Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:57 pm

i just called HO to check status of my application as i submit it on 10/06/08 and they said it is not assigned to case worker but there are chances i will get decision by next week as they are looking at application around 10/06/08.

my time line:
Tier 1 General
Date of sent 9 June 2008
HO reached 10 June 2008
Payment Taken 10 June 2008
HO ref sent No acknowledgement received. got reference number on phone,
HO Ref: PB3083******
Decision: still waiting

shashi545
Newly Registered

Received Tier1 VFS Bangalore

Post by shashi545 » Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:39 pm

Hi Friends,

I received my tier1 visa today :)

EC applied on: 27th June 2008
Applied From: Bengalooru VFS
Integra Verification: 16th July (I got a mail from employer saying that agency wants to verify my details for pre-immigration)
BHC Direct Verification: Not Yet
EC Status: Approved (Processed application delivered to Blue Dart on 21 Jul 2008)
Received visa on: 21 Jul 2008
Total Duration: 18 working days

Regards
Shashi

tier1_seeker
Newly Registered

Post by tier1_seeker » Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:07 pm

Could you please let us know when did you submit your application ? and also from which place ?
aamirmalik wrote:I have recieved my documents today. this forum has been a great help....due to a very good advice from 2 or 3 members of this forum my application has been approved.

i got 3 year tier 1 visa

thank you all...

Thambi

Re: i just callled HO to check status of my application

Post by Thambi » Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:38 pm

Hi,
I have recently(July 1st) applied for Tier 1 G and my ref number starts with PB3* and not PBS3* as mentioned by other members. Initially I though it was just a mistake but after seeing another member having a reference number with PB3*. I have a query, Is there a difference or I need to check with HO on this.

arunkumarprs

Re: i just callled HO to check status of my application

Post by arunkumarprs » Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:55 pm

oops...even my reference number is PB3 than PBS3....

I applied on 14th June and my payment was taken from Crydon HO office

Please can any one throw some light on this issue(is it?!?!?!?!)...

Thambi wrote:Hi,
I have recently(July 1st) applied for Tier 1 G and my ref number starts with PB3* and not PBS3* as mentioned by other members. Initially I though it was just a mistake but after seeing another member having a reference number with PB3*. I have a query, Is there a difference or I need to check with HO on this.
WP to Tier1 - From UK

14 Jun 08 Appln Sent
16 Jun 08 HO Recd.
18 Jun 08 Fee deducted
21 Jun 08 Ref. No. Recd. (dated 17 Jun)
19 Aug 08 recv call from CW to collect docs
Ref. No. : PB309*

catchmk
Newly Registered

Post by catchmk » Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:50 pm

Ditto.. Think its a common mistake to have it assumed to be PBS to mean Points Based System, when its actually PB.

Shdn't cause any worries or any delay because of this.

Thambi

Post by Thambi » Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:09 am

Thanks on that.

Coming on to the important question
I have doubts on my application being successful. The reason is dual salary, I get salary in UK as well as in India. UK salary is not an issue as I have originals but for Indian salary I have an issue as my employer gives only online payslips. Anyone who asked for Indian payslips sign&stamp in UK had issues or people say they were/will be sent offshore immediately so no chance of applying.

I managed to get hold of Original Tax Returns( 12 months in 15 months period) and Bank Statements as proof of salary evidence. As you know Indian Tax returns and net bank salary will not be exactly same (someone said P60 does) I had given my online slips which is a supporting document with a excel sheet expaining how my Tax returns and Net salary in my Indian account match.
Note: Even if they just consider my NET indian salary(Not Gross) I will be eligible for Tier-1 with 75 points.

Has anyone used Indian Tax Returns and Bank statements to apply HSMP or Tier-1 and was successful?

tier1_seeker
Newly Registered

Post by tier1_seeker » Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:01 am

Did anybody call today to check applications on what date are currently in process ?

hsmp28122006
Member of Standing

Tier1 Approved

Post by hsmp28122006 » Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:22 am

Hi all,

I have got my Tier 1 today. Thanks to all for sharing their knowledge.

WP to Tier 1

Applied on 23rd June 2008
HO received it on 24th Jun. Ref letter dated 24th Jun 2008
Apporved on 18th July 2008
Stamped on 18th July 2008
Received docs on 23rd July 2008.

Urgent treatment letter sent on 10th July as I have to travel India on 30th July.

Best of luck to all the guys awaiting approval..

Cheers..

joshi80
Newly Registered

student to tier 1

Post by joshi80 » Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:36 pm

alply on : 4th june
Payment taken: 4th june
Ref. no rec. :6th june

tier1_seeker
Newly Registered

Re: student to tier 1

Post by tier1_seeker » Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:42 pm

joshi80 wrote:alply on : 4th june
Hi Joshi,

Did you try calling Home office to see the status of your application ? I have also applied on the same date and still waiting for my documents. I have been trying to call HO many number of times but was unable to get any update.

joshi80
Newly Registered

Post by joshi80 » Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:38 pm

ya i try to call them but call is not going through

quote="tier1_seeker"]
Hi Joshi,

Did you try calling Home office to see the status of your application ? I have also applied on the same date and still waiting for my documents. I have been trying to call HO many number of times but was unable to get any update.[/quote]

gautam_309

Student Visa to Tier 1

Post by gautam_309 » Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:18 am

Hello all,

i need a small information on Tier 1, converting from student visa. My scenario is that i am currently in UK on Tier 1 but will start my full time MBA from september 08. I have been told by Border Agency that i have switch to student visa for entry clerance in UK, which is fine with me.

But i am planning to apply for fresh Tier 1 once again in October 08 from Student Visa to Tier 1.

Could anyone of you who have switched from Student Visa to tier 1 can please let me know what document i should have to apply asap in october

tieronevisa
Newly Registered

Joint Bank Account

Post by tieronevisa » Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:18 am

Hi All,

I am planning to apply for my tier 1 visa next week. As I am in UK as a dependant, I will have to travel back to India to apply.

Anyways, my question here is that i get my salary in a joint account with my spouse. Will this be an issue?

Can we both show our maintainance fund from the same account?

Any comment will be helpful.

Thanks.

pcmalik

Post by pcmalik » Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:47 am

Payment for my application was also taken on 4th June. I was able to speak to one of the advisor yesterday and he said my application is with the caseworker and it is still under consideration and no decission has been taken yet.
joshi80 wrote:ya i try to call them but call is not going through

quote="tier1_seeker"]
Hi Joshi,

Did you try calling Home office to see the status of your application ? I have also applied on the same date and still waiting for my documents. I have been trying to call HO many number of times but was unable to get any update.
[/quote]

chakde23

congrats

Post by chakde23 » Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:09 pm

Congrats Aamir, I am sure you would be relived and quite happy now !

aamirmalik wrote:I have recieved my documents today. this forum has been a great help....due to a very good advice from 2 or 3 members of this forum my application has been approved.

i got 3 year tier 1 visa

thank you all...

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:37 pm

Thambi wrote:Thanks on that.

Coming on to the important question
I have doubts on my application being successful. The reason is dual salary, I get salary in UK as well as in India. UK salary is not an issue as I have originals but for Indian salary I have an issue as my employer gives only online payslips. Anyone who asked for Indian payslips sign&stamp in UK had issues or people say they were/will be sent offshore immediately so no chance of applying.

I managed to get hold of Original Tax Returns( 12 months in 15 months period) and Bank Statements as proof of salary evidence. As you know Indian Tax returns and net bank salary will not be exactly same (someone said P60 does) I had given my online slips which is a supporting document with a excel sheet expaining how my Tax returns and Net salary in my Indian account match.
Note: Even if they just consider my NET indian salary(Not Gross) I will be eligible for Tier-1 with 75 points.

Has anyone used Indian Tax Returns and Bank statements to apply HSMP or Tier-1 and was successful?
1. If you are claiming income points for 12 months corresponding to the Indian tax assessment period (April-March), only then will the tax document (SARAL/ ITR) be of any use as evidence (of Indian income).
2. You have to provide 2 evidences of UK income and 2 separate evidences of Indian income (each from independent source) if you want to claim points for income in both the countries.
3. Online payslips (without signature and stamp) are not valid evidences.

If you have taken applied with the above points in mind, it should be fine.

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

tier1_visa
Newly Registered

Bank account in which the salary get credited

Post by tier1_visa » Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:38 pm

Does anyone have any idea if the Home office essentially require the Bank account only to be in the name of the applicant , who is applying for tier 1. I have got my bank account as JOINT with my mother and she is the first name in the account . Though, the amount credited matches with my payslips . Any idea?

tieronevisa
Newly Registered

Post by tieronevisa » Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:35 pm

Hi tier1_visa,

No problem as long as you are also in that account. Joint account is not a problem.
Have a look at the page 36 of this forum. Sankar got his visa, though he was having a joint account.

Thanks.

geriatrix

Re: Bank account in which the salary get credited

Post by geriatrix » Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:53 pm

tier1_visa wrote:Does anyone have any idea if the Home office essentially require the Bank account only to be in the name of the applicant , who is applying for tier 1. I have got my bank account as JOINT with my mother and she is the first name in the account . Though, the amount credited matches with my payslips . Any idea?
depends on what the intended purpose is. Is the bank account in question being used to show evidence of maintenance funds or income or both?

If the intended purpose is to show evidence of maintenance funds only or as evidence of both maintenance and income, then the joint account must be with your married partner only (spouse). If in doubt, double-check with UKBA / BHC (depending on where you are applying from).

If the intended purpose is as evidence of *income only*, then it doesn't matter who you hold the account with.

regards
Last edited by geriatrix on Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:00 pm

tieronevisa wrote:Hi tier1_visa,

No problem as long as you are also in that account. Joint account is not a problem.
Have a look at the page 36 of this forum. Sankar got his visa, though he was having a joint account.

Thanks.
Before you offer advice / suggestion, make sure that you have your facts right! Joint accounts are acceptable, not that doesn't necessarily mean that joint accounts with anyone are acceptable for everything.

regards
Last edited by geriatrix on Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

joshi80
Newly Registered

Post by joshi80 » Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:02 pm

i am able to speak with ho they r working on application recive till 6 june(payment clear)

pcmalik wrote:Payment for my application was also taken on 4th June. I was able to speak to one of the advisor yesterday and he said my application is with the caseworker and it is still under consideration and no decission has been taken yet.
joshi80 wrote:ya i try to call them but call is not going through

quote="tier1_seeker"]
Hi Joshi,

[/quote]

raovar
Newly Registered

Post by raovar » Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:04 pm

i have seen in one of the here saying that if you are in UK as a dependanat, you have to go back to india to apply for Tier 1 General. can anyone provide me where this guideline provided od from where this information they have got please?.

Thanks

laskk

Hi Guys,

Post by laskk » Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:32 pm

Mannu,Rajivferroin,surmui, and may applicants:-

As far as my knowledge you guys have applied in month of MAY. As i went through this thread i didn't saw any reply from you guys, wondering about you guys. did you contact HO.

Plz share yours info.

Thanx in advnc!

Regards,

laskk