ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU settlement - Non EU family member - CoA and decision time

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Time to get the CoA or final decision as first time BRC applicant in new system

Poll ended at Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:30 pm

Within 2 weeks of biometrics appointment
41%
Within 1 month of biometrics appointment
23%
Within 3 months of biometrics appointment
4%
Have not received anything yet (2 weeks not up)
15%
Have not received anything for more than 3 months.
16%
Received after 3 months.
1%

Total votes: 93

Adnane2015
Newly Registered

Re: EU settlement - Non EU family member - CoA and decision time

Post by Adnane2015 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:41 pm

Being Waiting for answer since 7 June and still nothing yet !! Sadly they take so much time in dealing with it

abimfol
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by abimfol » Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:49 pm

Adnane2015 wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:41 pm
Being Waiting for answer since 7 June and still nothing yet !! Sadly they take so much time in dealing with it
For settled or pre settled? That's really long

Adnane2015
Newly Registered

Post by Adnane2015 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:21 pm

settle

Thiva

Post by Thiva » Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:49 pm

askmeplz82 wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:10 pm
Guys here is my TIME LINE :

Application send : 1st May
Biometrics : 1st May
COA: 3rd May
Home office Called me on 5th July asking for My Ex Residency proof for 5 years
I uploaded online 7th July
Today I received an eMail that my application for SETTLED STATUS is successful

I am separated from my EU family member from 5 years ,
We are not living together for 5 years .
My EU Residence Card Expired 4 years ago,

I send EU SETTLEMENT SCHEME application with just MY Expired RC / My EU family member ID photocopy and MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE . Then on 5th July they called me for EU SPONSOR RESIDENCY proof. I told them previously in the cover letter that I only have JOINT BANK ACCOUNT but I won't include because I'm not sure if I can send BECAUSE we are not living together. Case worker said in the phone " it's fine as long you are married you can send old JOINT BANK STATEMENT" and that's what I send.
Hello, askmeplz82,
Once the case worker asked you that you need to prove your eu sponsor's 5 years continues stay, did you mange to send all evidence covering whole 5 years? what evidence you have submitted? because my case is similar to your case that i have no evidence of my sponsor's continues 5 years proofs as we separated. but i have proofs for myself that i've been in the uk for last 5 years as an eea family member. Please reply. thank you

dimiku
Albania

Post by dimiku » Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:25 am

Thiva wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:49 pm
askmeplz82 wrote:

I send EU SETTLEMENT SCHEME application with just MY Expired RC / My EU family member ID photocopy and MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE . Then on 5th July they called me for EU SPONSOR RESIDENCY proof. I told them previously in the cover letter that I only have JOINT BANK ACCOUNT but I won't include because I'm not sure if I can send BECAUSE we are not living together. Case worker said in the phone " it's fine as long you are married you can send old JOINT BANK STATEMENT" and that's what I send.
Hello, askmeplz82,
Once the case worker asked you that you need to prove your eu sponsor's 5 years continues stay, did you mange to send all evidence covering whole 5 years? what evidence you have submitted? because my case is similar to your case that i have no evidence of my sponsor's continues 5 years proofs as we separated. but i have proofs for myself that i've been in the uk for last 5 years as an eea family member. Please reply. thank you
hi both I am on a similar situation.

here is my timeline and history

Asylym seeker : 1997
Refused asylum: 1999 overstayed
Meet EU national: 2005
EEA Residence Stamp: 2011 - 2016
Separated from EU national: 2016
FLR parent(5 Year): 2016 - 19/05/2019
EU ex partner and EU kids settled status confirmed: March - April 2019
Did not extend the FLR parent(5 Year) after first 2.5 years
Eu Settlement Scheme : 24/04/ 2019 (linked to ex partner) Kids certificates as evidence
COA: 14/06/2019
EU Settled Status: .....waiting for 6 months

Thiva

Post by Thiva » Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:07 am

Don't worry Bro.. You ave a strong case. You will get your status soon.

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:12 am

Thiva wrote:

Hello, askmeplz82,

" on 5th July they called me for EU SPONSOR RESIDENCY proof. I told them previously in the cover letter that I only have JOINT BANK ACCOUNT but didn't include that with the application because i wasn't sure if Joint Bank statement is acceptable ( Seperated from very long time ). Case worker said in the phone " it's fine as long you are married you can send old JOINT BANK STATEMENT" and that's what I send "
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021

dimiku
Albania

Post by dimiku » Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:53 am

Thiva wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:07 am
Don't worry Bro.. You ave a strong case. You will get your status soon.
Hi Thiva
Hopefully 🤞

dimiku
Albania

Post by dimiku » Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:26 am

dimiku wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:25 am
Thiva wrote:
askmeplz82 wrote:

Hello, askmeplz82,

Eu Settlement Scheme : 24/04/ 2019 (linked to ex partner) Kids certificates as evidence
Hey all
I contacted them on Friday and just got a generic email again.

""""Keep waiting and we will contact you if we need anything else from you or when we decide your case"""

This is very frustrating now!!!

Thiva

Post by Thiva » Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:56 pm

askmeplz82 wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:12 am
Thiva wrote:

Hello, askmeplz82,

" on 5th July they called me for EU SPONSOR RESIDENCY proof. I told them previously in the cover letter that I only have JOINT BANK ACCOUNT but didn't include that with the application because i wasn't sure if Joint Bank statement is acceptable ( Seperated from very long time ). Case worker said in the phone " it's fine as long you are married you can send old JOINT BANK STATEMENT" and that's what I send "
Tanks for the reply. so according to the law their main requirement is the time period of applicant's residency right? as you think the eu sponsors 5 years residency compulsory as well for the settled status..?

Thiva

Post by Thiva » Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:09 pm

Thiva wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:56 pm
askmeplz82 wrote:
Thiva wrote:

Hello, askmeplz82,

Tanks for the reply. so according to the law their main requirement is the time period of applicant's residency right? as you think the eu sponsors 5 years residency compulsory as well for the settled status..?
actually, i got married in June 2012 and divorced December 2018. the marriage lasted for over 6 years. now i don't have any contact with her. i got some utility bills covering 2012 and some bank statements of her from 2015 to 2018. and some payslips in 2015 and some in 2018. i have already applied for retained rights of residence under EEA law and its got refused giving some silly reasons. and i have an appeal hearing on January 2020. in my situation would i be entitled for the settled status under eu settlement scheme. my evidence would be strong enough ?

asadaqeel
Mood:

Post by asadaqeel » Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:25 pm

Thiva wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:09 pm
Thiva wrote:
askmeplz82 wrote:
Thiva wrote:

Hello, askmeplz82,

actually, i got married in June 2012 and divorced December 2018. the marriage lasted for over 6 years. now i don't have any contact with her. i got some utility bills covering 2012 and some bank statements of her from 2015 to 2018. and some payslips in 2015 and some in 2018. i have already applied for retained rights of residence under EEA law and its got refused giving some silly reasons. and i have an appeal hearing on January 2020. in my situation would i be entitled for the settled status under eu settlement scheme. my evidence would be strong enough ?
Hi Thiva

So sorry to hear this. Please can you advise what reason did they gave on rejection.
I am in the same boat waiting from June.

Please can you also share your timeline ?

Thanks

Ehs763
Newly Registered

Post by Ehs763 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:31 pm

dimiku wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:26 am
dimiku wrote:
Thiva wrote:
askmeplz82 wrote:

Hello, askmeplz82,

Hey all

""""Keep waiting and we will contact you if we need anything else from you or when we decide your case"""

😑 Waiting is so hard especially longer than 6 months is crazy. Keep us updated.. Try to involve Mp again and speaking to complaint department might help to get some useful Information.

Thiva

Post by Thiva » Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:16 am

asadaqeel wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:25 pm
Thiva wrote:
Thiva wrote:
askmeplz82 wrote:

Hi Thiva

So sorry to hear this. Please can you advise what reason did they gave on rejection.

Thanks
@asadaqeel
HO haven't provided reason to refuse in detail. generally they have said tat i haven't submitted enough evidence of my wife's treaty right during the divorce process which i have done it properly, so i had a hearing already and judge ordered Home office to check my wife's working History through HMRC. the second hearing is in January 2020. probably HO will come with the evidence or may not. will see. so what i'm thinking is applying under EU settlement scheme as it does not require eu sponsor's treaty rights.

asadaqeel
Mood:

Post by asadaqeel » Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:23 am

Thiva wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:16 am
asadaqeel wrote:
Thiva wrote:
Thiva wrote:

Hi Thiva

Thanks
@asadaqeel
HO haven't provided reason to refuse in detail. generally they have said tat i haven't submitted enough evidence of my wife's treaty right during the divorce process which i have done it properly, so i had a hearing already and judge ordered Home office to check my wife's working History through HMRC. the second hearing is in January 2020. probably HO will come with the evidence or may not. will see. so what i'm thinking is applying under EU settlement scheme as it does not require eu sponsor's treaty rights.
Oh ok i thought you got refused under eu settlement scheme,my bad.

I believe you should apply here asap, they say no rejection.

Thiva

Post by Thiva » Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:29 am

asadaqeel wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:23 am
Thiva wrote:
asadaqeel wrote:
Thiva wrote:

Hi Thiva

Thanks
@asadaqeel

@asadaqeel
so whats happening with your case? what is the status now? did you apply for settle status and are you divorced as well?

asadaqeel
Mood:

Post by asadaqeel » Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:32 am

Thiva wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:29 am
asadaqeel wrote:
Thiva wrote:
asadaqeel wrote:

Hi Thiva

Thanks
@asadaqeel

@asadaqeel
so whats happening with your case? what is the status now? did you apply for settle status and are you divorced as well?

Hi Thiva,

I applied in june on retained rights, seperated from my ex, couldnt provide my ex valid id, i did have her expired id from last year. Sincr heard nothing waiting.
No divorce yet. Got married in 2014.

Thiva

Post by Thiva » Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:45 am

asadaqeel wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:32 am
Thiva wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:29 am
asadaqeel wrote:
Thiva wrote:

@asadaqeel

@asadaqeel

Hi Thiva,

I applied in june on retained rights, seperated from my ex, couldnt provide my ex valid id, i did have her expired id from last year. Sincr heard nothing waiting.
No divorce yet. Got married in 2014.
@asadaqeel
have you ever been issued a brc or visa as EU family member? haven't they contacted you asking more evidence or anything? did you make any inquires ? did you mention that you are separated from your wife when you submit the application. did you manage to provide your wife's residency proofs for whole 5 years?

Thiva

Post by Thiva » Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:42 am

Yasir nisar wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:32 pm
I have been following this forearm for a while and got a lot of useful information. My timeline may motivate many people. Here is my timeline
Applied: 15/04/2019
Biomatrics: 22/04/2019
COA: 29/04/2019
Asked for divorce certificate: 27/07/2019 and submited on the same day.
Did too many call. Involved MP as well.
My application was retained right kind of application.
Didn’t provide the present ex wife id. Just gave them the expired one.
Granted settle status: 18/09/2019
Hello Yasir nisar

Did you provide any proof of residence for your wife for whole 5 years and how long you've been married for? what evidence you have submitted ?

Oct2919
Newly Registered

Post by Oct2919 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:08 am

Morning Everyone
I have been following this board for a few weeks now since I have had my EU settlement scheme application under process so thought I would share my time line as a non-eu family member.
Linked my application with my spouse she got her settled status 1st week of October.
Applied on:- 02/09/2019
Biometrics done:- 04/09/2019
CoA received on:- 24/10/2019
Settled status confirmed:-29/10/2019

Thanks and good luck to everyone

PRISCYOBI
Newly Registered

Post by PRISCYOBI » Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:25 am

Oct2919 wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:08 am
Morning Everyone
I have been following this board for a few weeks now since I have had my EU settlement scheme application under process so thought I would share my time line as a non-eu family member.
Linked my application with my spouse she got her settled status 1st week of October.

Wow! Congratulations.

dimiku
Albania

Post by dimiku » Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:11 am

Ehs763 wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:31 pm
dimiku wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:26 am
dimiku wrote:
Thiva wrote:

Hello, askmeplz82,

Hey all

😑 Waiting is so hard especially longer than 6 months is crazy. Keep us updated.. Try to involve Mp again and speaking to complaint department might help to get some useful Information.
@ Ehs763
Hey,
I will contact them next week and will try to speak to complaints department.
Hopefully they will start moving the case forward.

dimiku
Albania

Post by dimiku » Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:29 pm

Oct2919 wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:08 am
Morning Everyone

hi congratulations

inna.p

Post by inna.p » Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:54 pm

Applied for settled status as wife and step-daughter of Spanish citizen. Husband got his settled status at the end of August.
Husband in the UK from July 2014 working all this time. We completed 5 years on the 1st of September 2019 and applied on the 3rd of September.

Timeline:
Me (wife) previously had 5 years EEA family member residence card in a form of a visa on a separate piece of paper (valid until May 2020)
Applied 3.09.2019
Biometrics in Croydon 7.09.2019
3 emails sent in between to speed up the application
COA 29.10.2019
Decision (granted settled status) 30.10.2019
Waiting for the BRP

Daugther (14 y.o., with the same residence rights as me)
Applied 3.09.2019
Biometrics 14.09.2019
COA and decision still pending

Hope it helps others.

Nomiii
Newly Registered

Post by Nomiii » Thu Oct 31, 2019 4:04 pm

Applied joint application myself non Eu (NO VISA) before, and my european wife
living together for 5 years same address and submitted all docs including 5 years bills , 5 year council tax, GP letter stated 5 years. five years p60. Landlord letter which Stated and cover five years residency period.
Marriage certificate which covered 5 years

Applied 19 october.

Sent wife id : 21 october

ID returned on :30 october

Settled status of my wife : 31 october

I am waiting for my biomatric done on 25 nov.
Let see what they gonna do with my application. lol..