ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

citizenship and nationality progress and Update

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Love_GB
Mood:

Re: Referee Declaration

Post by Love_GB » Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:29 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:25 pm
With the new online system, you can add your dependents to your form.
Thank you CR001,
So you mean in the same online application i can add all my family without having to fill in online application for each one.
forgive my lack of knowledge as I've never used the online application before,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:30 pm

Love_GB wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:29 pm
CR001 wrote:
Thank you CR001,
So you mean in the same online application i can add all my family without having to fill in online application for each one.
Yes, many have done it.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Love_GB
Mood:

Post by Love_GB » Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:33 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:30 pm
Love_GB wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:29 pm
CR001 wrote:
Thank you CR001,
Yes, many have done it.

CR001 thank you once again , it is great information , I never thought that would have been possible with the new system , I was going to fill in online application for each one of my family ,
thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:26 pm

Can you please stop tagging your questions into other members topics. They have been removed, the two you posted today.

Please keep ALL your questions in your own topic/thread!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Love_GB
Mood:

Post by Love_GB » Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:32 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:26 pm
Can you please stop tagging your questions into other members topics. They have been removed, the two you posted today.

Please keep ALL your questions in your own topic/thread!!
Thank you for the note ,
my apology , i thought you had to post your question to the relevant thread not to yours , mine was about the referees , the second was about the passports and i found a topic about the passport and i posted a reply , I did not realise you had to put all your questions on your topic.
sorry for that

Love_GB
Mood:

Post by Love_GB » Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:40 pm

Can I use the home office travel document instead of my country of origin passport in my naturalisation application , as soon as i filled in my nationality they asked for my country of origin passport which is being held at the home office while i am holding the home office travel document

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:12 pm

Love_GB wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:40 pm
Can I use the home office travel document instead of my country of origin passport in my naturalisation application , as soon as i filled in my nationality they asked for my country of origin passport which is being held at the home office while i am holding the home office travel document
Yes you can.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Love_GB
Mood:

Post by Love_GB » Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:02 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:12 pm
Love_GB wrote:
Yes you can.
thank you for the reply ,
i think i was a bit confused and did not wait till the end of the application ,
you are right Travel document can be used as a proof of identity , but you need to fill in in the information of your country of origin passport and state the reason why you can not provide it , there is another section which asks about the Travel document

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:24 pm

Love_GB wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:02 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Love_GB wrote:
Yes you can.
you are right Travel document can be used as a proof of identity , but you need to fill in in the information of your country of origin passport and state the reason why you can not provide it , there is another section which asks about the Travel document

Correct. Note the checklist still will ask for your home country passport. So you might get confused again as to what to take to UKVCAS appointment.

Just ignore that and take your Home Office Travel Document instead to UKVCAS appointment.

Also, state in the cover letter that your home country passport is already with Home Office.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Love_GB
Mood:

Post by Love_GB » Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:44 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:24 pm
Love_GB wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:02 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Love_GB wrote:
Yes you can.

Correct. Note the checklist still will ask for your home country passport. So you might get confused again as to what to take to UKVCAS appointment.

Just ignore that and take your Home Office Travel Document instead to UKVCAS appointment.

Also, state in the cover letter that your home country passport is already with Home Office.

Thank you again for the reply ,
I have already mentioned on the reason why you can not provide your passport and attached a copy of the home office acknowledgement letter confirming the receipt to my passport and a scanned photos of my home country passport which is being held by Home office, do you think i need to send some photos of my home country passport beside the home office acknowledgement

Love_GB
Mood:

Special circumstances

Post by Love_GB » Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:12 pm

there is a question i am not sure how to fill it in Either Yes or No.....
''If you do not meet the statutory requirements to become a British citizen, are there any special circumstances why you think the Home Secretary should still grant your application''?
Yes -----
NO-----

I have no absence outside UK , so should i say NO

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Special circumstances

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:38 pm

Love_GB wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:12 pm
''If you do not meet the statutory requirements to become a British citizen, are there any special circumstances why you think the Home Secretary should still grant your application''?
Yes -----
NO-----

Correct

Love_GB
Mood:

Re: Special circumstances

Post by Love_GB » Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:40 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:38 pm
Love_GB wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:12 pm
Yes -----
NO-----

cheers CULLINAN

Love_GB
Mood:

Previous Address

Post by Love_GB » Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:36 am

There is a question regarding the previous address,
""Enter a previous address in the last 5 years, starting with the most recent""
does it mean the last 5 years from the date when you moved to your new address, does time you have spent on the new address count?
say for example you have lived in your new address for a year up to now , when you enter your last 5 years previous address; does it mean 5 years from the date you moved to your new address.
sorry it could be silly question , just to make sure

Love_GB
Mood:

Previous Address

Post by Love_GB » Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:46 am

hopefully someone can answer me regarding my previous address question

Love_GB
Mood:

Sopra Steria appointment

Post by Love_GB » Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:44 pm

Can you book an appointment with Sopra Steria to submit your Biometric data and documents anywhere in The United Kingdom ,or it has to be in the area of your post Code region

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Sopra Steria appointment

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:46 pm

Love_GB wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:44 pm
Can you book an appointment with Sopra Steria to submit your Biometric data and documents anywhere in The United Kingdom ,or it has to be in the area of your post Code region
anywhere in UK.

Love_GB
Mood:

Re: Sopra Steria appointment

Post by Love_GB » Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:01 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:46 pm
Love_GB wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:44 pm
anywhere in UK.
thank you CULLINAN , you are always helpful , very much appreciated

Love_GB
Mood:

Home Office acknowledgement email

Post by Love_GB » Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:53 pm

A friend of mine applied for ILR Set (P). He submitted his application, then he'd got the email which he used to register with the Sopra Steria ,uploaded his documents, booked an appointment and had his biometric data taken.
He has never received the confirmation email from the HO ( the acknowledgement email with the Case ID).
Is that normal?
he has been waiting for nearly 4 months now.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Home Office acknowledgement email

Post by CR001 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:27 pm

Love_GB wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:53 pm
A friend of mine applied for ILR Set (P). He submitted his application, then he'd got the email which he used to register with the Sopra Steria ,uploaded his documents, booked an appointment and had his biometric data taken.
He has never received the confirmation email from the HO ( the acknowledgement email with the Case ID).
Is that normal?
Please do not post Set(P) questions here, it isn't relevant and there is a specific topic for SET(P) ILR in the ILR sub forum.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Love_GB
Mood:

Post by Love_GB » Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:42 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:27 pm
Love_GB wrote:
Is that normal?
Please do not post Set(P) questions here, it isn't relevant and there is a specific topic for SET(P) ILR in the ILR sub forum.

Thank you so much , i thought from your note before anything would be on my topic here
it is a general question that could be anywhere , and it applies to every route

Love_GB
Mood:

Post by Love_GB » Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:42 pm

Love_GB wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:42 pm
CR001 wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:27 pm
Love_GB wrote:
Is that normal?

Thank you so much , i thought from your note before anything would be on my topic here
it is a general question that could be anywhere , and it applies to every route, but i will take it there to setP

Love_GB
Mood:

Name Spelling

Post by Love_GB » Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:33 pm

Hi all,
on naturalisation application;
Does the spelling of your name on your son's birth certificate cause an issue if it is a bit different than your name ( name still the same just the way how it's pronounced on translation and then spelled )

Love_GB
Mood:

Post by Love_GB » Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:44 am

In the Referees and Identity form you print after submitting the application , is it the referee who should write the name and date of birth of the applicant's photo , or can i do it my self to make it ready for the referee.
the name of the applicant on the Referees and Identity form, should I write the applicant name or leave it to the referee to do it.
I know the referee has to sign and date the form.
Full Name:
Signature:
Date:

aman90
Diamond Member

Post by aman90 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:11 am

The form clearly and ridiculously states that the applicant must write the details behind the picture, affix it and then give the referee to fill it out.