ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fiance Visa from Vietnam - How long did it take for your visa acceptance

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

fiancespousequeries
Newly Registered

Fiance Visa from Vietnam - How long did it take for your visa acceptance

Post by fiancespousequeries » Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:57 pm

I have applied for my fiancé's visa to the UK from Vietnam, submitted on 27th September.

Three weeks later, on 17th October, we received confirmation that the application had been received at the UK Decision Making Centre and is being prepared for consideration by an Entry Clearance Officer.

They advise they aim to complete all applications within 12 weeks of submission, and "We will not contact you again unless we require any further information regarding your application, otherwise you will be contacted by the commercial partner at the application centre where you submitted your application when your decision is ready for collection."

There is also a link to the gov.co.uk page to view current visa processing times, which advises that all visa from Vietnam are typically processed within 15 days. This, we have already exceeded.

Although each case is individual, I am wondering how long others have experienced in waiting for their decision?

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Re: Fiance Visa from Vietnam - How long did it take for your visa acceptance

Post by Korekt » Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:50 pm

Most likely fiance/settlement visa isn't included in the processing times you've referred to. Check it again.

It should list specifically the visa type the processing time is for.
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

fiancespousequeries
Newly Registered

Post by fiancespousequeries » Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:28 pm

Korekt wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:50 pm
Most likely fiance/settlement visa isn't included in the processing times you've referred to. Check it again.

It should list specifically the visa type the processing time is for.
Yeah it only mentions visits visas:
https://visa-processingtimes.homeoffice ... ietnam/all

Not sure why the UK Decisioning Centre bothered sending this link in their email then, as it's irrelevant!

I'd still be interested to hear from other people how long theirs took to process.

THO
- thin ice -
Vietnam

Post by THO » Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:18 pm

Hi, my wife is also from VN. Our Spouse visa took just under 12 weeks for the decision (a negative one, but we got it overturned on appeal) and I believe that your visa will take pretty much the 12 weeks stated, maybe a little less, but don't go hoping for miracles. There is no way to check either, just sit and wait.

Also, unless you have given them everything and they read it all without ignoring what you have provided, be prepared for a no. We applied 4 times for 3 different visas in 3 years, and everyone was turned down for some jumped up reason. Luckily I got the last two, Marriage Visitor Visa and Spouse visa decisions overturned.

Good luck. Let us know how you get on, and if you need any help just ask as I have a but of experience of this now.