ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa Financial Requirement Calculation After Salary Increases

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Re: Spouse Visa Financial Requirement Calculation After Salary Increases

Post by Korekt » Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:25 pm

Either or both.

SMS would usually be from the VAC (visa application centre).
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

butterflypk123
Pakistan

Post by butterflypk123 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:36 pm

Hi
Ive submitted my online application but date of biometrics is 3 weeks from today not sure why there is such a delay. So will my application be processed from 18th

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:43 pm

butterflypk123 wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:36 pm
Hi
Ive submitted my online application but date of biometrics is 3 weeks from today not sure why there is such a delay.
Most likely you booked from available dates.
Unless you are willing to pay an extra fee, you can only book dates they've offered.
So will my application be processed from 18th
In practice, yes. It is from that date you should count the processing time.

butterflypk123
Pakistan

Post by butterflypk123 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:11 pm

There were no available slots up till Monday 18th November- even that I had to book premium lounge. Not sure why :(

butterflypk123
Pakistan

Post by butterflypk123 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:06 am

I am so frustrated with this whole system. Yesterday, I completed my husband's online application at fast track for a decision within 30 working days, scanned documents at VFS for £75, and when it came to the most important step, his biometrics, I couldnt find any slots available EVEN PREMIUM up till 18th November which is 21 working days away. Premium, non premium, no slots until 18/11/19. How is this possible? So I booked 18/11/19 as a premium lounge slot as that was the only thing available for an extra £38 to at least reserve a date... but just not happy. How is this fast track when I have to wait 3 weeks to even get my application SEEN. :( :( :( so annoyed I cant sleep.

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:29 am

At which centre has the biometrics appointment been booked?

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:41 am

They have been experiencing exceptionally high demand for appointments recently. I had to wait nearly 3 weeks for an appointment within a reasonable driving distance a few months back. It's still fast track in the sense that everyone is equally subject to the delays.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

butterflypk123
Pakistan

Post by butterflypk123 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:46 am

Hi guys
Thanks for your response
It's been booked at Islamabad Pakistan, my solicitor is looking out for cancellations. It would all be ok if they counted the 30 working days from the date of online application, fees paid and documents scanned(which makes more sense). But as Im told its from biometrics, Im so frustrated that its another 3 week wait and THEN ill wait for their 30 working days response... just my bad luck as always :( ...

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:52 pm

geoeng wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:41 am
They have been experiencing exceptionally high demand for appointments recently. I had to wait nearly 3 weeks for an appointment within a reasonable driving distance a few months back. It's still fast track in the sense that everyone is equally subject to the delays.
The OP is referring to out-of country appointments.

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:53 pm

butterflypk123 wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:46 am
Hi guys
Thanks for your response
It's been booked at Islamabad Pakistan, my solicitor is looking out for cancellations. It would all be ok if they counted the 30 working days from the date of online application, fees paid and documents scanned(which makes more sense). But as Im told its from biometrics, Im so frustrated that its another 3 week wait and THEN ill wait for their 30 working days response... just my bad luck as always :( ...
From the VFS Global website, it appears that you can choose any time if the premium lounge appointment is at the Mirpur centre regardless of the appointment time booked online

The Islamabad centre however appears to operate Prime time appointment and Walk-in hours. Perhaps enquiries can be made in those directions if an earlier appointment is desired.

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:58 pm

Korekt wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:52 pm
The OP is referring to out-of country appointments.
Thanks. I knew that, just forgot when I was writing and was too late to correct when I realised. Trying to do too much at once :lol:
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

butterflypk123
Pakistan

Post by butterflypk123 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:06 pm

Hi yes thanks for checking
When booking for the biometrics appointment, the website did say "walk in appointment" but it had a date underneath- 18/11/19.
Ive emailed Islamabad VFS, asking why there is such a delay and that I have paid premium for an appointment 3 weeks late, as there were no free slots available. Apart from looking out for cancellations, not sure what else to do :(

butterflypk123
Pakistan

Post by butterflypk123 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:56 pm

seagul wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:53 pm
butterflypk123 wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:07 pm
thanks. as ill be doing priority service, which date will they count the ''30 working days'' from? bio metrics or online application?
In my opinion it starts when they receive your documents because without them no processing can be started. In most cases they receive documents at the time of biometrics especially when you chooses vfs scan & upload service.
My husband received a text today, "the processed visa application was received today at VFS ISB..." shall we go to collect.passport?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:11 pm

butterflypk123 wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:56 pm
seagul wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:53 pm
butterflypk123 wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:07 pm
thanks. as ill be doing priority service, which date will they count the ''30 working days'' from? bio metrics or online application?
In my opinion it starts when they receive your documents because without them no processing can be started. In most cases they receive documents at the time of biometrics especially when you chooses vfs scan & upload service.
My husband received a text today, "the processed visa application was received today at VFS ISB..." shall we go to collect.passport?
Your passport is ready for collection. Wish you the very best outcome.

butterflypk123
Pakistan

Post by butterflypk123 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:12 pm

Thanks so much for quick response. My husband will go tomorrow morning. Thanks for your help and I will let u guys know outcome either way!!