ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Seeking Job opportunities

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Aparna123
Newly Registered
India

Seeking Job opportunities

Post by Aparna123 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:51 pm

Hi all,
I am in UK on ict 2 depended visa and having been actively looking for a job through online portals for 6 months .My experience has been in IT for 13 years in project management, PMO and mainframe development. I am yet to land an interview .
Would be helpful if there are any suggestions or help to increase my chances of landing a job.I am based near Birmingham.

Thanks
Aparna

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Seeking Job opportunities

Post by CR001 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:54 pm

You should contact employment agencies directly and register with them to help you or find temp work.

Maybe you are aiming too high.

Be prepared to start at a lower level than you did before as you will need to prove yourself in the UK first and again experience here first.

Also don't state at any time that you will possibly need tier 2 sponsorship as this could put potential employers off.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Aparna123
Newly Registered
India

Post by Aparna123 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:38 am

Thank you CR001 for the your quick response and your inputs .

I will be looking to contact the employment agencies directly .

Be prepared to start at a lower level than you did before as you will need to prove yourself in the UK first and again experience here first. -- I am starting to do this .

Thank you for your time ,it was helpful.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:29 pm

If after 6 months of constant search you didn't get a single interview, it means something is wrong in the way you are applying. Show you CV/resume and cover letter to some friends with professional background. Not the people who would tell you "it looks perfect" but to people with critical and professional eyes.

Open a LinkedIn account and fill all the sections / details to make sure your profile is complete and therefore searchable.

Don't mass-apply. Try to target companies that would be interested by your profile and who are hiring.

Pass a certification or renew your certifications if they lapsed. Certifications help validating and asserting your knowledge.

All the best!