ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa extension employer letter

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

starysidhu
Newly Registered

Spouse visa extension employer letter

Post by starysidhu » Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:33 am

Hi,

I am in process of applying for extension to my wife's spouse visa (1st extension). I requested my employer to provide me with the employment letter with all the required information. They did provide me the letter with all the information but they sent me a scanned pdf copy of it (although it is signed and on the official company headed paper).

I am now wondering if it is OK to just print this letter and attach it with the application or I need someone from HR to print it and sign it. Only problem in the latter case is that my company's HR department is in Europe & there is only one HR business partner onsite in UK with limited rights in such cases.
I would appreciate if someone could please advise me on this issue. Thank you for your invaluable help in advance.

geoeng
Canada

Re: Spouse visa extension employer letter

Post by geoeng » Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:38 am

starysidhu wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:33 am
Hi,

I am in process of applying for extension to my wife's spouse visa (1st extension). I requested my employer to provide me with the employment letter with all the required information. They did provide me the letter with all the information but they sent me a scanned pdf copy of it (although it is signed and on the official company headed paper).

I am now wondering if it is OK to just print this letter and attach it with the application or I need someone from HR to print it and sign it. Only problem in the latter case is that my company's HR department is in Europe & there is only one HR business partner onsite in UK with limited rights in such cases.
I would appreciate if someone could please advise me on this issue. Thank you for your invaluable help in advance.
For extensions the supporting documents are uploaded online anyway, so a scanned copy shouldn't make a difference. It's probably worth getting a physical copy if you can, but I wouldn't stress about it too much. I only had electronic copies of employer letters for my extension application and had no issues.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

starysidhu
Newly Registered

Post by starysidhu » Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:46 am

Brilliant!! Thank you for your prompt response. Have a great day!!

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:47 pm

starysidhu wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:33 am
Only problem in the latter case is that my company's HR department is in Europe & there is only one HR business partner onsite in UK with limited rights in such cases.
It can even be prepared & signed by your line manager/someone from accounts.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

KristianDLloyd
Mood:
Wales

Post by KristianDLloyd » Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:06 pm

Many of our documents were either digitally signed or copies. We submitted our application on Saturday AM and had our approval decision yesterday morning!

Application Type: Settlement, Fiancé
Application Date: 26 June 2019
Decision Date: 29 August 2019
Decision: Granted

Application Type: FLR(M)
Application Date: 23 October 2019
Decision Date: 28 October 2019
Decision: Granted

starysidhu
Newly Registered

Post by starysidhu » Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:09 am

Thank you all for your help and advise. Seems like we will be fine with signed scanned copies. :)
So I believe if we attach 6 months payslips, online bank statements (HSBC) & scanned letter from employer that should be enough to prove financial requirement.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:14 pm

starysidhu wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:09 am
Thank you all for your help and advise. Seems like we will be fine with signed scanned copies. :)
So I believe if we attach 6 months payslips, online bank statements (HSBC) & scanned letter from employer that should be enough to prove financial requirement.
Yes provided they are in acceptable formats such as jpg/pdf etc. Also if the online bank statements are pacifically marked as online copy which few banks do then these should be stamped by the relevant bank otherwise no need.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.