ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKVCAS appointment experience?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Chinzer
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

UKVCAS appointment experience?

Post by Chinzer » Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:55 pm

Hi all,

A bit of background information on my case:

Application: ILR through 5 years Tier 2 visa. Set (o)
Submission date: 2 Oct
Service: Super priority service

Appointment: Croydon centre, free appointment £0 with no extra service
Date: 29 Oct

I attended my appointment this morning and am just wondering if anyone had similar experience.

My company paid for a solicitor to go through my mandatory/ supporting documents and uploaded everything for me after I had submitted my application on 2 Oct. Since the solicitor had reviewed everything, I booked a free appointment at Croydon without extra services.

This morning when I attended the appointment, the staff pointed me straight to enroll my biometrics (pictures and fingerprints) and she verified my passport details. She also asked me to confirm that I am happy to submit my application. I was told everything is done and I should have the decision by tomorrow. She did NOT check any of my original documents.

My queries:
1) I thought she was going to verify and check my original documents. I asked the staff if I need to take anything out for her to see but she said no. Is this normal?

2) The whole process only lasted about 10mins and all I did was to enroll my biometrics and got my passport checked. Other people on the forum said they had to wait around to be seen again. Did I miss something?

Can someone please comment/ share their appointment experience? Would be helpful if you also clarify if you booked a free appointment or you have paid for it.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: UKVCAS appointment experience?

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:00 pm

This is the normal process.

There is also a long running existing topic on applicant's experience.

general-uk-immigration-forum/ukvcas-sup ... -3420.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.