ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Documents submission for Fiancé Visa in the UK

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

samarasammy
Newly Registered
Brazil

Questions on Housing Report

Post by samarasammy » Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:48 pm

Hello!

Me and my fiancé are gathering the documents for my Fiancé Visa and we have a doubt about the housing repost.

My fiancé owns his house, and I am going to live with him when I arrive in UK, and also when we get married. In a website, the recommendation is that he could do a house report in order to prove the house is good for me to live there, however, it seems it is not necessary, as you can take pictures of the house and a council taz will do the job. Is the latter real? Or do we really need a housing report? Are there any other ways to prove accommodation?

KristianDLloyd
Mood:
Wales

Re: Questions on Housing Report

Post by KristianDLloyd » Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:30 pm

Proving you and your fiancé are the only occupants, it’s not required.

However, you will need to provide:
- a letter from your fiancé/sponsor detailing the size of the property and confirming that by you moving in, it will not become overcrowded;
- a copy of Land Registry title deeds;
- mortgage statement (if applicable) and;
- most recent council tax statement.

Application Type: Settlement, Fiancé
Application Date: 26 June 2019
Decision Date: 29 August 2019
Decision: Granted

Application Type: FLR(M)
Application Date: 23 October 2019
Decision Date: 28 October 2019
Decision: Granted

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:10 am

samarasammy wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:48 pm
the recommendation is that he could do a house report in order to prove the house is good for me to live there, however, it seems it is not necessary,
If there is no none-related adult is living there then it wont be needed.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

samarasammy
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by samarasammy » Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:51 pm

Thank you very much, it was really helpful!!!
:D

samarasammy
Newly Registered
Brazil

Supporting Documents Submission

Post by samarasammy » Sun Nov 03, 2019 6:51 pm

Hello, hope you guys can help me out once again.

Well, my fiancé and I are finishing gathering the documents for my fiancé visa application. However, before I submit, we are struggling to understand how we are going to submit the documents. I have some documents to submit ( IELTS life skills B1 and supporting documents of our relationship and wedding plans- photos/ whatsapp conversations and screenshots of our video calls), meanwhile, my fiancé has the financial and the accommodation documents.

The question is: Is there any way in which I can submit the documents I have on my possession in the VFS centre in São Paulo, and my fiancé submits the documents in his possession in Manchester centre and pay the 75 pounds?

I know VFS centre provides the walk in service, but I do not know if it also includes my fiancé to submit the documents in UK.

We, at the moment, are thinking about him sending me the documents via DHL and then we can san it- although we do think it could be risky.

What recommendation do you guys have about this?

iwolga

Re: Supporting Documents Submission

Post by iwolga » Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:49 pm

Why not scan and upload everything yourself? This way you don’t need to send anything.

samarasammy
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by samarasammy » Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:44 pm

We thought about it, but all the places we've looked so far do not recommend the procedure.

If possible, I would just take my documents to scan when I do the biometrics and my fiancé sends his documents to Manchester or Bradford VSF offices...but I dont know if it's possible

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Post by TODMATT » Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:39 pm

samarasammy wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:44 pm
We thought about it, but all the places we've looked so far do not recommend the procedure.

If possible, I would just take my documents to scan when I do the biometrics and my fiancé sends his documents to Manchester or Bradford VSF offices...but I dont know if it's possible
Your partner can scan all the supporting documents to you then print them out to submit at them at the VAC if that is your option or you can self upload all your supporting documents via VFS free or charge or opt to do it at the VFS centre in the UK for a fee £75.
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

samarasammy
Newly Registered
Brazil

Documents submission for Fiancé Visa in the UK

Post by samarasammy » Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:19 pm

Hello,

I am Brazilian and this Friday I applied for a fiancé visa, however, my fiance and I are finding some confusing parts in the VFS website.

We decided to post the majority of the documents in the UK, since my fiancé can drop the documents at the Manchester Branch, and as we are insecure about the scanning, we thought it would be safer to go to the branch and pay for the service. However, when I was doing the application and 'purchasing' the services' there was no option which mentioned he could drop the documents in the UK. I had a piece of information in which the Walk-In Service would enable us to do that- but then I realised it would only enable me to do the biometrics in a walk-In manner.

My fiancé and I tried to get more information around that- but this is the only information we got- which proves that the service exists- and how should be done- but no information in what point of the application it should be done.
https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/au/en/vacs/ ... uaIu2dbn6Y

I am in the uploading part of my application. I know I have to upload all the documents before going to biometrics, or asking assistance at São Paulo branch to upload and scan the documents. But as most of the documents are in the UK, we thought it would be better for him to do that.

However, I still do no know if my fiancé can go there and drop the documents without any notice. Or if I should finish the application before he goes there, or if it is indeed the walk in service we need to buy to enable him to drop the documents.

Please if someone has any information on submitting the documents, and how it is done in the UK, it would be a massive help,

Kind Regards

samarasammy
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by samarasammy » Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:35 pm

Thank you very much!

I started the application, but there is no information on what point my fiancé can drop the documents in one of the UK centres. All we found was this website detailing the procedures and the centre places:
https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/au/en/vacs/ ... uaIu2dbn6Y

I am in the uploading part of the VSF website, however, my fiancé wants to do the documentation part in Manchester. We thought the walk in service would enable us to drop the documents in the UK, however, as I said, we didn't find any information in what point of the process it should be done or if he needs to schedule an appointment...
I just know it should be done before I submit my biometrics....

If there 's someone with any information about this- it would be a massive help!