ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child born in UK to UK parents with Ancestry VISA

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

blairm12
Newly Registered
Australia

Child born in UK to UK parents with Ancestry VISA

Post by blairm12 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:03 pm

Hi Everyone,
I'm trying to get my daughter an Dependents visa as part of my ancestry visa. My wife and I are 3 years into the ancestry visa and plan to apply for ILR, so I only really need a 2 year visa for our daughter. When I go to the site: https://www.gov.uk/ancestry-visa/family-members and try to 'apply online' for UK ancestry visa. I'm basically asked to apply for my own visa again and for my daughters visa again. It then asked me to pay the NHS surcharge for 5 years for each of us. . . £4,000

We have her UK birth certificate, Australian citizenship and Australian Passport.

The site says:
'Children born while you’re in the UK
If you have children while you’re in the UK, you can apply for permission for them to stay.

You must do this if you want to travel in and out of the UK with your child.

You must apply online. You’ll also need to provide a full UK birth certificate showing the names of both of your child’s parents.'

Am I completing the wrong form?

Should I be completing the 'Dependant of a person who has limited leave to enter or remain in the UK' form?

I've emailed the home office and they said to call the call center who says to contact the home office. This has gone around in circles for 2 months.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Cheers
Blair

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Child born in UK to UK parents with Ancestry VISA

Post by CR001 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:25 pm

It is only your daughter who is the applicant. She applies on the FLR(IR) form, your daughter is the main applicant in the form, not you.

You will unfortunately likely have to pay the 5 year IHS even though she will only get a visa for the duration of your visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ERBorland
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by ERBorland » Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:25 pm

Hi Blair,
How did you get on with your application?
We are in exactly the same position as you. We need to add our child to my UK ancestry visa. I filled in the FLR(IR) form with our daughter as the dependent, but the questions were completely irrelevant to her position ("is she employed" - at 11 weeks old?!). We were then given a message that the application would unlikely be successful because she does not have current permission to be living in the UK - even though she was born her and has never left!
I then went back and filled in the form with me as the applicant and the questions regarding her seemed much more relevant. However it is asking me to submit all my original paperwork such as my grandmothers birth certificate, which I should not have to provide again after successfully being granted my ancestry visa (and is also in Australia and now over 100 years old).
I'm so confused and the Immigration helpline have been totally useless in their 'guidance'. We leave for Australia in three days and if I don't get this sorted then I can't bring her back home to the UK with me! *stressed*
Did you fill in the form with your child as the applicant and was it successful?
Thanks very much,
S. Borland.

physicskate
Diamond Member

Post by physicskate » Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:38 pm

ERBorland wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:25 pm
Hi Blair,
How did you get on with your application?
We are in exactly the same position as you. We need to add our child to my UK ancestry visa. I filled in the FLR(IR) form with our daughter as the dependent, but the questions were completely irrelevant to her position ("is she employed" - at 11 weeks old?!). We were then given a message that the application would unlikely be successful because she does not have current permission to be living in the UK - even though she was born her and has never left!
I then went back and filled in the form with me as the applicant and the questions regarding her seemed much more relevant. However it is asking me to submit all my original paperwork such as my grandmothers birth certificate, which I should not have to provide again after successfully being granted my ancestry visa (and is also in Australia and now over 100 years old).
I'm so confused and the Immigration helpline have been totally useless in their 'guidance'. We leave for Australia in three days and if I don't get this sorted then I can't bring her back home to the UK with me! *stressed*
Did you fill in the form with your child as the applicant and was it successful?
Thanks very much,
S. Borland.
I can't answer all of your questions, but am assuming the child is going with you?? If she leaves the UK while her visa is being processed, it will be considered withdrawn. 3 days is generally not enough time for a BRP to be processed and delivered, let alone the entire application to be considered.

Or is it just you that is leaving??

I do know she is the applicant. You are not.