ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FBR Application Irish Passport

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ryanhay
Newly Registered

FBR Application Irish Passport

Post by ryanhay » Sun Oct 27, 2019 12:51 pm

Hi All

I'm currently in the process of having to apply for an FBR application before I apply for my passport.

It seems the process can take up to twelve months now which is frustrating. Is there any way we can speed up the process?

I'm applying through my grandparent who was born in Tipperary. I have got his birth and baptismal certificate along with my birth certificate. Do I need my fathers birth and death certificate also to whom the line of the family I'm applying through for the Irish passport?

When sending off my FBR application it needs two proof documents of my address, am I okay to use HMRC letters and a bank statement?

Final Question :D - Do I have to send my passport application with my FBR? Or do I wait until FBR has been approved then send off my passport application form?

A few questions but if anyone could help with this it would be really appreciated!

Many Thanks
Ryan :D

jgclancy
Member of Standing
United States of America

Re: FBR Application Irish Passport

Post by jgclancy » Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:01 pm

ryanhay wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 12:51 pm
Hi All

I'm currently in the process of having to apply for an FBR application before I apply for my passport.

It seems the process can take up to twelve months now which is frustrating. Is there any way we can speed up the process?

I'm applying through my grandparent who was born in Tipperary. I have got his birth and baptismal certificate along with my birth certificate. Do I need my fathers birth and death certificate also to whom the line of the family I'm applying through for the Irish passport?

When sending off my FBR application it needs two proof documents of my address, am I okay to use HMRC letters and a bank statement?

Final Question :D - Do I have to send my passport application with my FBR? Or do I wait until FBR has been approved then send off my passport application form?

A few questions but if anyone could help with this it would be really appreciated!

Many Thanks
Ryan :D
There is a long thread for FBR by Sulla all ready going- You should go there. I'll answer some of what you ask.Unless you are having a child the average wait time is about a year although it seems to be getting better lately .The only expedited FBR's are if you are having a baby and you'd need to prove that as well. Some specific foreign embassy(i.e-Malaysia) applicants get there's done a bit faster.You'll need your grandparents birth,marriage & death cert as well as your fathers BMD's -all must be government issued. You'll need your birth cert and a notarized copy of current passport or Driver ID as well . You apply for Irish passport AFTER you have FBR certificate.Only way you can. Once again--do NOT send actual ID.Your ID can be witnesses and a certified copy sent instead--read all the rules at the DFA site

Jgclancy

ryanhay
Newly Registered

Post by ryanhay » Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:02 am

That's great thank you for the reply. Very informative! Do I still need my grandmothers birth, marriage and death cert even if shes not irish? Its my grandfathers blood line that I'll be going through.

Many thanks again! :D

jgclancy
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by jgclancy » Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:24 pm

ryanhay wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:02 am
That's great thank you for the reply. Very informative! Do I still need my grandmothers birth, marriage and death cert even if shes not irish? Its my grandfathers blood line that I'll be going through.

Many thanks again! :D
You need documents for three people. You, just the Irish grandparent you are going to use for citizenship &
that grandparents child (either your mother or father but not both).When I did mine I used three large manila envelopes . One for each persons documents . On the outside I put Grandparent, Parent & Applicant
along with the appropriate name & listed which documents were in each one. Application and other documents requested went in Applicant envelope.Also,I put the application number on each envelope at bottom.
Good luck jgclancy

Muscat

Post by Muscat » Thu Oct 31, 2019 4:17 pm

I was wondering the same - whether my Irish grandfather’s marriage certificate is needed. It seems to be needed for change of name only, which isn’t the case for most men, and not for my grandfather. So I haven’t ordered their marriage certificate. I hope I’ve made the right decision 🤔

jgclancy
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by jgclancy » Thu Oct 31, 2019 4:39 pm

Muscat wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 4:17 pm
I was wondering the same - whether my Irish grandfather’s marriage certificate is needed. It seems to be needed for change of name only, which isn’t the case for most men, and not for my grandfather. So I haven’t ordered their marriage certificate. I hope I’ve made the right decision 🤔
You MUST HAVE birth,marriage & death (or ID if living) of grandparent and parent.The marriage cert is used to match with the child's birth certificate
jgclancy

Muscat

Post by Muscat » Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:39 pm

Ah, ok, it just said “if applicable, OR other change of name document”. I’ll have to order it, which means I won’t be able to post it before I go away for a month. Damn. But thank you for letting me know.