ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need urgently help

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2

Shakpk1
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Need urgently help

Post by Shakpk1 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:04 pm

Hi all
I hope someone out there will help me as I don’t know what to do, as I have few questions
1) I am pakistani National married to Spanish National who has got ILR in Uk,
I have been issued visa as EU Settlement Scheme family Permit to Join.
2) Now I have been in uk for over a month, (on 6 months Spouse VISA.
3) what are the next steps for me and how to apply for Settlement, what are the forms to fill in? What documents do I need? Can I do it online with my wife? How soon can apply for this?
4) can I work legally?
5) do I need to abstain N.I number to pay tax?
6) do I need to register with local doctor or NHS.
Please a guide would be great many thanks

iwolga
United Kingdom

Re: Need urgently help

Post by iwolga » Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:20 pm

With all due respect, I think you should start with looking into gov.uk. It’s not always very straightforward but it gives answers to a lot of the questions. Some fixed topics on this forum can also be of help.

Shakpk1
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Shakpk1 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:38 pm

Hi
Many thanks for reply,
I have looked through and there is so much info and I don’t really know which form to fill or what step shall I take next?

Leo_one
France

Post by Leo_one » Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:08 am

Shakpk1 wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:04 pm
Hi all
I hope someone out there will help me as I don’t know what to do, as I have few questions
1) I am pakistani National married to Spanish National who has got ILR in Uk,
I have been issued visa as EU Settlement Scheme family Permit to Join.
2) Now I have been in uk for over a month, (on 6 months Spouse VISA.
3) what are the next steps for me and how to apply for Settlement, what are the forms to fill in? What documents do I need? Can I do it online with my wife? How soon can apply for this?
4) can I work legally?
5) do I need to abstain N.I number to pay tax?
6) do I need to register with local doctor or NHS.
Please a guide would be great many thanks
Hi Shakpk
You can register with NHS straight way go to nearest surgery and fill the form. You have to provide them proof of residence which you can give them any utility bill on your spouse name or make the joint account on utility bills.
For work you have to get first National insurance number. You can call on national insurance phone apply for this.
If your spouse already got settled status then apply online application in which they will ask you to unique number of his/her and marriage certificate. Then you have to book appointment with ukvi agent for biomertric.
By the way where your wedding took place and who issued certificate? If it took place in Spanish embassy in pakistan then you don't need to attested document but if it is only nikah naama then you need to get translated and attested by foreign office of Pakistan.
Basically you have all rights but you have to follow the procedure.
After biomertric submitted you will get the pre settled status if all you provide them. Good luck

NatCam
Georgia

Post by NatCam » Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:02 am

Your wife should know all the answers. Since she is already settled here she should know how to obtain NI number and how to register with NHS, and how to apply for pre-settled status (since she has already done that?).