ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Set(O) complex Issue Letter after 6months - Advise please

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

manu_1221
Pakistan

ILR Set(O) complex Issue Letter after 6months - Advise please

Post by manu_1221 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:39 pm

Hi All

I have received a complex issue letter on 18th September (dated 13th September, 2019), applied ILR SET (O) 5yrs from T1E 50K route.

Applied for ILR Route: SET (O) ILR Tier Entrepreneur 50K-route
Date application sent: 18 March 2019 online
Ack Email received (if applicable) : same day
Ack letter received (if applicable) : None
Biometric Letter received: Same day
Date Biometrics Enrolled: 28th March 2019
Payment Debited: 18th March 2019
Consideration email: No emails

Please advise if there anything to worry about or should I prepare myself for the interview this stage. As since March 2014 , I have never been interviewed for the extension or initial application. By the look at it, it was a simple straight forward ILR application nothing complex in it. I do have received the complex letter at the time of extension but received the extension without interview in 8 months.

Can someone advise what I have to be prepare for with this letter. Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: ILR Set(O) complex Issue Letter after 6months - Advise please

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:48 pm

As per the member’s feedback on this forum: HO decides the case within 6 months for 8/10 cases.

However, some are issued complex letters at 6 months. Some members who were issued with complex letters were also called for an interview regardless if they were interviewed at extension stage or not.

I do not want to scare you but you should prepare for the worst. The possibility of interview is there but I hope you get your decision without one.

There is a lot of interview feedback/questions on this forum. The questions are similar like extension stage.
Good luck
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

manu_1221
Pakistan

Post by manu_1221 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:23 pm

tier11417 wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:48 pm
As per the member’s feedback on this forum: HO decides the case within 6 months for 8/10 cases.

However, some are issued complex letters at 6 months. Some members who were issued with complex letters were also called for an interview regardless if they were interviewed at extension stage or not.

I do not want to scare you but you should prepare for the worst. The possibility of interview is there but I hope you get your decision without one.

There is a lot of interview feedback/questions on this forum. The questions are similar like extension stage.
Good luck
Thanks alot for your prompt response, yes I've started myself to get prepare for the worst just incase. Just wondering that my both employees have left the company and the last one left in August, 2019. I have posted a Job Advert on Indeed for the vacant position, so technically I don't have any staff in the company. Would that be an issue at the time of interview? Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:35 pm

manu_1221 wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:23 pm
tier11417 wrote:

Good luck
Thanks alot for your prompt response, yes I've started myself to get prepare for the worst just incase. Just wondering that my both employees have left the company and the last one left in August, 2019. I have posted a Job Advert on Indeed for the vacant position, so technically I don't have any staff in the company. Would that be an issue at the time of interview? Thanks
I had a 4 hour interview at extension stage. I know from experience that they grilled me a lot at employee questions (1 had 1 employee that time and 1 had left). So you can expect the same.
There is no requirement that your employees have to be employed at the date of ILR or after as it is based entirely on your business needs. However, they have to check for genuineness. As long as you can justify your business decisions you will be okay.

Suggestions:
1) Have a proof of jobs advertised on google, job sites, website, facebook etc
2) You should know employee rights e.g. pension, sick leaves, annual holidays, health and safety etc
3) How you interact with your employees
4) How they report you etc
etc
5) Proof of call logs/emails etc
(as i said there is a lot of feedback on the questions asked if you search the forum)

Is your company registered at home? And your employees working from home also??

Lets hope they dont call you for an interview in the first place.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

manu_1221
Pakistan

Post by manu_1221 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:42 pm

tier11417 wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:35 pm
manu_1221 wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:23 pm
tier11417 wrote:

Good luck
I had a 4 hour interview at extension stage. I know from experience that they grilled me a lot at employee questions (1 had 1 employee that time and 1 had left). So you can expect the same.
There is no requirement that your employees have to be employed at the date of ILR or after as it is based entirely on your business needs. However, they have to check for genuineness. As long as you can justify your business decisions you will be okay.

Suggestions:
1) Have a proof of jobs advertised on google, job sites, website, facebook etc
2) You should know employee rights e.g. pension, sick leaves, annual holidays, health and safety etc
3) How you interact with your employees
4) How they report you etc
etc
5) Proof of call logs/emails etc
(as i said there is a lot of feedback on the questions asked if you search the forum)

Is your company registered at home? And your employees working from home also??

Lets hope they dont call you for an interview in the first place.
thanks once again for the detailed advise and suggestions.

My company was not registered at home, its a VO and employees were use to conduct the surveys and related to field work.I have posted the job on indeed and will do the same on my own website, yeah hoping for no interview call in the first place. thanks

Mr laptop

Post by Mr laptop » Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:37 am

Hope everything goes well.
Do advertise on Job centre as well.
Have you been interviewed at extension stage or initial stage?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:48 am

Mr laptop wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:37 am
OP has already mentioned that.

manu_1221
Pakistan

Post by manu_1221 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:41 am

Mr laptop wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:37 am
No interview at any stage so far !!

teddybear79

Post by teddybear79 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:46 pm

Any update ????

manu_1221
Pakistan

Post by manu_1221 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:28 am

teddybear79 wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:46 pm
Any update ????
Nothing yet, still waiting to hear form HO. Hoping for something positive !!

manu_1221
Pakistan

Post by manu_1221 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:19 pm

Update So Far:

Sent a formal complain via my solicitor to UKVI Complaint email address in regards to delay in ILR and they have come up with same long pattern email back that some cases raise exceptionally complex issues and they have to contact with other agencies & departments which sometime takes longer then usual. However, they have given another email address to contact if I'm not satisfied with the UKVI Complain department response and wants to review the feedback.

I'm thinking to email the same on the other review email address provided by UKVI previous response and ask more about the details. Also, involved my MPs to expedite the pending application.

Hoping for the best, Thanks

bizman
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by bizman » Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:07 pm

All the best
Bizman

manu_1221
Pakistan

Post by manu_1221 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:55 am

bizman wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:07 pm
All the best
Thanks bizman, need all of the prayers and wishes :)

teddybear79

Post by teddybear79 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:40 pm

Any update ? Or interview call

manu_1221
Pakistan

Post by manu_1221 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:59 am

teddybear79 wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:40 pm
Any update ? Or interview call
Nothing so far, UKVI replied to my MP that there're few mandatory checks needs to be completed before they can make any decision for my application. Waiting for there reply, hope I won't get an interview call already released my both employees as business was in loss. Thanks

manu_1221
Pakistan

Post by manu_1221 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:13 am

Update from UKVI as below, can I have an advise on this update from UKVI please

****************************************************************************************
Thank you for your request for an update on your Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) ILR application.

I can confirm that your application is currently under consideration.

I note your circumstances however unfortunately we are currently unable to provide a definite timeframe for a decision being made.

The agreed service standard for ILR applications is 6 months; however cases may not be able to be completed within this timeframe for a number of reasons.

I can confirm that in cases of a complex nature, it is necessary to undertake a thorough investigation of the facts and in some instances, these have to be pursued at length. This is essential in order to maintain effective immigration control and it is unfortunate when, as in this case, these checks take longer to carry out than usual.

As part of the application process, the Home Office routinely conducts enquiries with other government departments and external agencies. The extent and length of time taken to complete these varies according to the particular circumstance of each application. Their progress is regularly monitored.

In order to make a robust decision, your application is considered against the Immigration Rules, not only in terms of meeting set criteria, but also on a balance of probability to assess credibility.

Upon completion of these processes we will endeavour to finalise consideration of your application and dispatch the decision notice promptly, subject to any further unforeseen issues.

**************************************************************************************************************
***************************************************************************************************************

Just wondering what would be the next step for me, should I just keep quite and wait also in meanwhile get myself prepare for an interview (hope not :() ?

aman90
Diamond Member

Post by aman90 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:33 am

Generic letter. You can only wait and see.

manu_1221
Pakistan

Post by manu_1221 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:56 am

aman90 wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:33 am
Generic letter. You can only wait and see.
thanks aman90, hope just an generic letter!!

aman90
Diamond Member

Post by aman90 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:09 pm

Adiltier1 received a different reply in which an interview was indicated. You haven’t.

teddybear79

Post by teddybear79 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:13 pm

balance of probability to assess credibility.

this part worries me

manu_1221
Pakistan

Post by manu_1221 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 1:57 pm

aman90 wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:09 pm
Adiltier1 received a different reply in which an interview was indicated. You haven’t.
This means interview probability is low?

manu_1221
Pakistan

Post by manu_1221 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 2:00 pm

teddybear79 wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:13 pm
balance of probability to assess credibility.

this part worries me
teddybear79, what would be the worry about? is there anything I should be aware off?

aman90
Diamond Member

Post by aman90 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 2:29 pm

manu_1221 wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 1:57 pm
All I’m saying is.. don’t stress over it.
As for the “balance of probabilities” that’s part of genuineness test and ALL applications are subject to the test as per guidance.

manu_1221
Pakistan

Post by manu_1221 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:01 pm

aman90 wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 2:29 pm
manu_1221 wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 1:57 pm
All I’m saying is.. don’t stress over it.
As for the “balance of probabilities” that’s part of genuineness test and ALL applications are subject to the test as per guidance.
Let's hope for the best, unfortunately waiting games :(

teddybear79

Post by teddybear79 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:10 pm

I mean after doing business for 6 - 7 years , tested 2 times initial and extension we still have to prove