ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Counter-signatory on digital photos?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Farah13
Canada

Counter-signatory on digital photos?

Post by Farah13 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 5:59 pm

Just a few questions regarding the first passport post naturalisation.

How does the counter signing work when applying online? In particular as it relates to digital pictures. Also you only need 1 signature correct? My citizenship ceremony is on December 2nd. Can I begin my application online before that and submit the day of my ceremony?

Thanks in advance.

hermanthegerman
Germany

Re: Counter-signatory on digital photos?

Post by hermanthegerman » Sat Nov 02, 2019 6:28 pm

yes, 1 referee is needed. They get an email to confirm once you have submitted your application.

There is no way you can safe and pause the application so you can not apply prior to your ceremony as you need the certificate number.

If you are in a true rush, then ensure you have a suitable photo which works on the system (you can start the application and get it checked by the system prior to submitting it, it just wont safe). You then need your passport that you used to enter the country as well as any uncanceled passports and your certificate. If your referee can quickly do your reference online then you could easily post everything on the day of your ceremony.

Note though that you will not be given the address and reference number you need to post it until the referee has completed their bit.