ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OCI HELP

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Scotthull
Newly Registered

OCI HELP

Post by Scotthull » Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:34 pm

Hi all, my grandmother was born in Lucknow and we have her baptism certificate (1945) she uses this here in Britain as a birth certificate and it’s never been an issue. We don’t have Indian passport, surrender certificate or school leavers certificate. We have baptism certificate which is original and a certificate of registration as a citizen of the United Kingdom and colonies, this certificate says my grandmothers birth name and married name and shows she was born in Lucknow, India. Please can anyone tell me if these documents would suffice? TIA

xebec
Australia

Re: OCI HELP

Post by xebec » Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:09 pm

Scotthull wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:34 pm
Hi all, my grandmother was born in Lucknow and we have her baptism certificate (1945) she uses this here in Britain as a birth certificate and it’s never been an issue. We don’t have Indian passport, surrender certificate or school leavers certificate. We have baptism certificate which is original and a certificate of registration as a citizen of the United Kingdom and colonies, this certificate says my grandmothers birth name and married name and shows she was born in Lucknow, India. Please can anyone tell me if these documents would suffice? TIA
Yes you can. Please see: https://nriinformation.com/questions13/ ... %20OCI.pdf