ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Have only Met my Fiance once 3 years ago spent 3 weeks together

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

aems
Newly Registered

Re: Have only Met my Fiance once 3 years ago spent 3 weeks together

Post by aems » Sun Nov 03, 2019 6:02 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:15 pm
aems wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:06 pm
So I met my fiance at the beginning of my holiday (I did not fly out to see her) and we spent roughly around 3 weeks together back in Nov 2016. We took lots of pictures together although none of them are electronically dated. I have a few text messages that were exchanged between us during the later part of my holiday.

Now it is almost exactly 3 years ago since we last saw each other. I deleted my facebook in Oct 2018 and created a new account in Oct 2018 and she had deleted our conversation history so we do not have all the facebook messages and video call logs that we exchanged between Dec 2016 - Sept 2018 so I am wondering if the following evidence that we have will be enough to be accepted by the ECO:

- Many photos together, both loving, fun and happy photos during our 3 weeks together
- E Ticket email of flight in Nov 2016
- Skype call logs from Dec 2016 - Mar 2017 and again Mar 2019 - Nov 2019
- Facebook messages and video call logs between Oct 2018 - Nov 2019
- Money sent to her each month (in my father's name) from Dec 2016 - Nov 2019

So will there be an issue due to our missing facebook messages and video calls between Dec 2016 - Sept 2018 although one of my first messages dated at the beginning of Oct 2018 to her says 'babe add me this is my new account'
The ECO might well be concerned with the fact that it was a 'holiday romance' three years ago and that you have not seen each other in person since then. UKVI would expect to see evidence of visits and holidays since then in addition to the evidence of messages etc.

What nationality is your fiance?
She is Filipina.

I have been sending money (in my Father's name) monthly for 3 years to her and we have proof of lengthy video calls since Oct 2018 and messages.

Would the money being sent further cement proof of a genuine relationship? I am currently claiming PIP and ESA so would my disability not be a good enough reason for not going out there again?

Or would it be better if I go out and spend 3 or 4 weeks with her before we apply or would that even not be enough?

aems
Newly Registered

Re: Have only Met my Fiance once 3 years ago spent 3 weeks together

Post by aems » Sun Nov 03, 2019 6:33 pm

Out of interest I was wondering when submitting a copy of the sponsor passport, if UKIV then check their system to see when the sponsor has traveled in and out of the UK or when they entered the applicants country, or do they go by the information that is in front of them that the applicant supplies to them?