ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Irish Citizen eligible for British citizenship??

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mufc69

Irish Citizen eligible for British citizenship??

Post by mufc69 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:14 pm

Hello, my wife is a naturalised Irish citizen and has been living and working in the UK since 2013, she gained her Irish citizenship this year. when can my wife apply for British citizenship?

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Re: Irish Citizen eligible for British citizenship??

Post by Djsuccess » Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:53 pm

mufc69 wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:14 pm
Hello, my wife is a naturalised Irish citizen and has been living and working in the UK since 2013, she gained her Irish citizenship this year. when can my wife apply for British citizenship?
It might be good if you can provide more information. What visas has she been on since she came to the UK in 2013? how did she gain the Irish citizenship and what other citizenship does she have?
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

mufc69

Re: Irish Citizen eligible for British citizenship??

Post by mufc69 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:56 pm

Djsuccess wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:53 pm
mufc69 wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:14 pm
It might be good if you can provide more information. What visas has she been on since she came to the UK in 2013? how did she gain the Irish citizenship and what other citizenship does she have?
My wife is from the Philippines and came to the UK under Surinder Singh, im a dual British/Irish citizen, my wife gained her Irish citizenship as the spouse of an Irish citizen (Northern Ireland).