ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fiance or Marriage Visa assistance needed

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Patience12
Newly Registered

Fiance or Marriage Visa assistance needed

Post by Patience12 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:00 pm

Hello everyone
I am a British citizen who wants to get my fiance to come to UK from Nigeria so we can get married and apply for the spouse visa.
I was earning 37k but have reduced my hours recently (only one month) and now it will be 29,600. It still meets the requirements but i saw somewhere where the employment letter has to state how long ive been earning an amount? I already got my employment letter but it did not state how long ive been earning the new amount. Can someone tel me please how to go about this. So i need to get a new employment letter? Thanks!

geoeng
Canada

Re: Fiance or Marriage Visa assistance needed

Post by geoeng » Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:24 am

Patience12 wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:00 pm
Hello everyone
I am a British citizen who wants to get my fiance to come to UK from Nigeria so we can get married and apply for the spouse visa.
I was earning 37k but have reduced my hours recently (only one month) and now it will be 29,600. It still meets the requirements but i saw somewhere where the employment letter has to state how long ive been earning an amount? I already got my employment letter but it did not state how long ive been earning the new amount. Can someone tel me please how to go about this. So i need to get a new employment letter? Thanks!
Yes, a new letter stating that would probably be best. Even if the payslips you are relying on were all at the old salary, both categories A and B require your salary at the application date to meet the financial requirement so it is worth providing evidence of your current salary meeting the requirement.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:41 am

Patience12 wrote:
Hello everyone
Your employment letter is different from letter from employer.
The letter from employer is what you get that should be not more than 28 days from application submission date stating the current status of your employment. In this, employer can clarify the recent change to your remuneration.

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Post by TODMATT » Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:34 am

Patience12 wrote:
Hello everyone
You are still earning above the threshold and according to the specified evidence guidance.

Employment letter should have the follow

"(i) the person’s employment and gross annual salary;
(ii) the length of their employment;
(iii) the period over which they have been or were paid the level of salary relied upon in the application; and
(iv) the type of employment (permanent, fixed-term contract or agency)."

It will be nice if your employer can amend your employment letter to state the period you started earning £29,600 although if youre salaried, they usually take the lowest in the period of 6 months to calculate your gross annual salary so meaning your lowest will be your current earnings. In my opinion, if your employer is unable to amend the letter then i believe you are still good to go under CAT A salaried.
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.