ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR & IHS Payment

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Only Me

FLR & IHS Payment

Post by Only Me » Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:57 am

Just a quick question, when my wife applies for FLR for her and her daughter, do they have to pay the IHS fee again, even if my wife has been working and paying Tax and NI for approx the whole length of her first Spouse visa?

We dont have to apply for FLR for a good while yet, but my wife and I were just chatting and planning ahead.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: FLR & IHS Payment

Post by CR001 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:38 am

Only Me wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:57 am
Just a quick question, when my wife applies for FLR for her and her daughter, do they have to pay the IHS fee again, even if my wife has been working and paying Tax and NI for approx the whole length of her first Spouse visa?

We dont have to apply for FLR for a good while yet, but my wife and I were just chatting and planning ahead.
Yes, they have to pay IHS again, £1000 each. Paying tax and NI is irrelevant to the IHS.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: FLR & IHS Payment

Post by seagul » Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:29 pm

Only Me wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:57 am
, even if my wife has been working and paying Tax and NI for approx the whole length of her first Spouse visa
Even the staff with visa on senior NHS posts have to pay IHS.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.