ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Using Same Cash Savings for another application? Please Read

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

usasunshine23
Newly Registered
United States of America

Using Same Cash Savings for another application? Please Read

Post by usasunshine23 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:34 pm

We applied for a settlement visa for my son as we live in Australia and son is Australian and husband British. If all goes well we will go back to London in Jan if visa all approved.

However, I will need to renew my settlement visa and apply FLR (M), as soon as I go back - can we use the same exact cash savings we used to apply for my son to apply for mine as evidence?

the cash savings is way over the threshold and we won't be using it at all or touching it.,

Will it be ok? will my husband need to have a job as well in the FLR application even if our cash savings are over the 63k?

geoeng
Canada

Re: Using Same Cash Savings for another application? Please Read

Post by geoeng » Sun Nov 03, 2019 6:40 am

usasunshine23 wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:34 pm
However, I will need to renew my settlement visa and apply FLR (M), as soon as I go back - can we use the same exact cash savings we used to apply for my son to apply for mine as evidence?

the cash savings is way over the threshold and we won't be using it at all or touching it.,

Will it be ok? will my husband need to have a job as well in the FLR application even if our cash savings are over the 63k?
You can use the same savings; however, the financial requirement is higher if a child is also sponsored. For one sponsored child you would have to prove at least $72,000 in cash savings held for at least 6 months (if someone could double check that calculation that would be great). Your husband does not have to be employed if relying only on cash savings.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sun Nov 03, 2019 12:05 pm

geoeng wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 6:40 am
however, the financial requirement is higher if a child is also sponsored. For one sponsored child you would have to prove at least $72,000 in cash savings held for at least 6 months
usasunshine23 wrote:

However, I will need to renew my settlement visa and apply FLR (M), as soon as I go back -
Op seems to already having the spouse visa at the time of submitting the child application. If so then £62500 will be fine which can be reused again when applying her extension after child's application approval.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

usasunshine23
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by usasunshine23 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:02 pm

seagul wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 12:05 pm
geoeng wrote:
however, the financial requirement is higher if a child is also sponsored. For one sponsored child you would have to prove at least $72,000 in cash savings held for at least 6 months
usasunshine23 wrote:

However, I will need to renew my settlement visa and apply FLR (M), as soon as I go back -
Op seems to already having the spouse visa at the time of submitting the child application. If so then £62500 will be fine which can be reused again when applying her extension after child's application approval.
that's great we have 500k so it'll be fine I just was not sure if we could reuse that same trust. thanks so much but like my husband doesn't need to prove he has a job right? in addition to my cash savings? This is for the FLR (M)

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:11 pm

usasunshine23 wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:02 pm
thanks so much but like my husband doesn't need to prove he has a job right? in addition to my cash savings?
Yes no need of having job with cash savings route
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Post by TODMATT » Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:37 am

geoeng wrote:
usasunshine23 wrote:

You can use the same savings; however, the financial requirement is higher if a child is also sponsored. For one sponsored child you would have to prove at least $72,000 in cash savings held for at least 6 months (if someone could double check that calculation that would be great). Your husband does not have to be employed if relying only on cash savings.
HI there,

You meant to say £72,000 for spouse + dependent?
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:16 pm

TODMATT wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:37 am

HI there,

usasunshine23 wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:02 pm

that's great we have 500k so it'll be fine

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:06 pm

TODMATT wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:37 am
HI there,

I did, probably could have made that clearer but obviously doesn't make a difference in this case.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.