ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR for Dependents

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

aby00156
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Re: ILR for Dependents

Post by aby00156 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 5:18 pm

Can anyone please advise on my query.
So verily, with every difficulty, there is relief.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Sep 28, 2019 5:45 pm

aby00156 wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:41 pm
Hi Moderators,

While filling the SET O form for my wife's ILR, initially it asked me my details and then my wife's details. My wife is the main applicant.

After completing the form, it is asking me to sign the declaration instead of my wife. is this normal or am I doing some mistake here.

Its kind of strange that in the checklist there is only one signed declaration which is need to be signed by me but not my wife. Rest all documents in the checklist refer to my wife.
If your wife is applying ILR on SET(O) as your PBS dependent, then usually the form, in the start, asks “who is she joining” that will be YOU (as she is your dependent so it will be your details).
Although she is the main applicant in regards to her own ILR application but she is applying as a PBS dependent route.

There are three parts of the consent form. Part 1 is to be signed by the applicant that is your wife. Part 2 will be signed by you if she is relying on any joint named documents and part 3 will be signed by you also if she is financially dependent on you.

You would have got a link to download it during the application but sometimes applicants miss that. You can also download it at Step 7, further actions page after you pay and submit your online application.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

aby00156
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by aby00156 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 1:06 pm

One last question:

I saw in one of the post in which @CROO1 stated that
Cohabitation documents are required if you and your spouse are applying at the same time. If not, then it is not required.
Is this applicable in my case aswell. i.e. I have already received my ILR now my wife is applying on her own as PBS dependant. Hence she will not have to show any cohabitation documents.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 1:17 pm

aby00156 wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 1:06 pm
One last question:

I saw in one of the post in which @CROO1 stated that
Cohabitation documents are required if you and your spouse are applying at the same time. If not, then it is not required.
Is this applicable in my case aswell. i.e. I have already received my ILR now my wife is applying on her own as PBS dependant. Hence she will not have to show any cohabitation documents.
She needs to show evidence of cohabitation for the last 2 years. My comment you quote above was relevant to a tier 2 main visa holder applying on their own with no dependent.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

aby00156
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by aby00156 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:58 am

Hi All,

One final question.

Can I submit online bank statements as proof of Cohabaition?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:50 pm

aby00156 wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:58 am
Hi All,

One final question.

Can I submit online bank statements as proof of Cohabaition?
Yes
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

aby00156
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by aby00156 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:53 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:07 am
My view is that as she entered the UK almost a year after visa issue date, she can apply next year.
Hi CR001,

I have now got my wife's ILR.

The visa issue date is counted for calculating 5 years and the date of entry was not taken into count as there is no 180 days rule for dependant visas issued before 11th Jan 2018.

Many thanks for everyone's help.