ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa Sticker with a problem?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

padilhovski
Newly Registered
Mood:
Brazil

Spouse Visa: Original Marriage certificate, english certificate etc

Post by padilhovski » Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:53 am

hello, i'm applying for a spouse visa with my wife. She lives in London, UK and i'm in brazil. We got married in canada and i'm the only one who has the marriage certificate, we didn't think about asking for an original copy at the time, and also i have my english certificate. So now i'm a little confused about submitting the documents and I've read that it isn't nice uploading them, it can be stressful, so i'd like one of us to do it in person. Who should submit them? bc i'm thinking, i have the marriage stuff but she's the one who's gonna provide the financial documents (pay slips etc).

Thank you :)

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Spouse Visa: Original Marriage certificate, english certificate etc

Post by seagul » Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:55 am

padilhovski wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:53 am
. Who should submit them?
Either of you through your local vfs centre
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

padilhovski
Newly Registered
Mood:
Brazil

Question about spouse visa application

Post by padilhovski » Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:37 pm

hello, i just finished and paid for my application. in the question about how often we usually see each other , i simply answered "we stayed together 6 months in canada and 3 in switzerland. now my girlfriend is freaking out saying i should have said every 5-7 months. Is that a reason why they would refuse it? or they would ask us first? i just think this is too stupid to be refused. if so, we can ask for a refund and do it all again

iwolga

Re: Question about spouse visa application

Post by iwolga » Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:36 am

Are you married? You called your spouse “a girlfriend” that’s why I’m asking. Which visa category are you applying for?

If you are officially married, it doesn’t really matter how often you used to see each other. The more the better, but you should say the truth anyway. You should also prove that you were in touch even away from each other (calling/texting).

If you are applying based on cohabitation for 2+ years as unmarried partner, then you need to prove you actually lived together for min 2 years.

padilhovski
Newly Registered
Mood:
Brazil

Re: Question about spouse visa application

Post by padilhovski » Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:56 pm

thank you very much both of you, thats all i needed to know. And yes we are married haha but very young and sometimes we forget to say we are husband and wife hhahahah

padilhovski
Newly Registered
Mood:
Brazil

Bogota Spouse visa letter

Post by padilhovski » Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:46 pm

Hello, i got an email saying my spouse visa was approved and that i have permission to stay in the UK from the 13th of January, but there's no word about my passport. I'm supposed to go to vfs and collect it in sao paulo. Am i gonna receive another email saying i can take it or i can go already? And how long does it usually take? Because I'm buying my ticket for the end of the month.

Thank you

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: Bogota Spouse visa letter

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:19 pm

padilhovski wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:46 pm
Hello, i got an email saying my spouse visa was approved and that i have permission to stay in the UK from the 13th of January, but there's no word about my passport. I'm supposed to go to vfs and collect it in sao paulo. Am i gonna receive another email saying i can take it or i can go already? And how long does it usually take? Because I'm buying my ticket for the end of the month.

Thank you
The email you got was it from UK Immigration or from VFS?
Won't say it it common to get what the decision is by email however VFS is supposed to contact you for pick up of passport though no harm if possible you go to Sao Paulo with the decision mail you have already.

padilhovski
Newly Registered
Mood:
Brazil

Post by padilhovski » Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:12 pm

I got it from bogotavisaqueries@fco.gov.uk

I read this is normal, this is where the vfs center for visas is. I'm just worried cause i already booked my ticket for the 29th of jan

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Post by TODMATT » Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:54 pm

padilhovski wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:46 pm

Thank you
Congratulations!! both commercial partners are not reliable and I would pay them a visit next week if I don't hear anything to pick up your passport this week. In some cases, they didn't send out any contact to pick up passport whilst this is case, give them till this week if you had recently received that email. I do hope you got everything otherwise I would have strongly advised you not to book any ticket until you have received your passport in hand.
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

padilhovski
Newly Registered
Mood:
Brazil

Spouse visa Sticker with a problem?

Post by padilhovski » Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:06 pm

Hello, i just got my passport from vfs and arriving home my wife realised the name of her boss was written there. Where it says type, it's written:

D - PARTNER (STANDARD) V XXYY

XXYY is the name of her boss. her name was in the financial requirement documents. Is this normal?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: Spouse visa Sticker with a problem?

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:24 pm

padilhovski wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:06 pm
Hello, i just got my passport from vfs and arriving home my wife realised the name of her boss was written there. Where it says type, it's written:

D - PARTNER (STANDARD) V XXYY

XXYY is the name of her boss. her name was in the financial requirement documents. Is this normal?
No, it is not normal, where you have the name XXX is supposed to be showing the name of the sponsor, not her boss. This is appalling, contact the UK Immigration immediately.