ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Future Intentions

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

British Boy
Newly Registered

Future Intentions

Post by British Boy » Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:14 pm

Hi Everyone,

Just looking for a bit of advice. I am quite tense now. I have gone through A LOT of topics on this forum, but decided to post a direct question to the members.

I have lived in the UK for 10 years - MSc student visa, Post Study Work Visa, Tier 2 General and ILR. I qualified for naturalisation in August 2019. However, in June I took up a ´job’ in an EU country. It was an opportunity I could not turn down. I am non EU and so required a work visa for this opportunity. I applied for British citizenship in August. I meet all the residency requirements. In my application I stated that I was unemployed and looking to develop an export business upon successful application as a BC. This is true because I do not intend to stay long in this role, but who knows? I am gaining the experience required to set up my business. Between June and August I made a few trips into the UK.

My fear is about future intentions requirement! I am now very anxious. My wife (Dependant) and child (just got citizenship) are in the UK. I emailed the Home Office today and the reply was that my application is now with a case worker. I have gone through similar topics on this thread, but couldn’t find any information whether those in similar situations were eventually successful. So here goes: has anyone been in a similar situation? Please let me know how it turned out and what you did. I am actually losing my mind here and really really depressed.

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Re: Future Intentions

Post by Djsuccess » Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:56 am

Why did you lie about being unemployed when you were employed? You took up a job in June and applied for naturalisation in August, yet you claimed to be unemployed in your application. If the caseworker somehow finds out about this, I don't know what will happen.
I think your major concern shouldn't be the future intention only but the fact that you lied in your application. The future intention could be easy to justify because you still have your family in the UK. My concern for you is the lie about employment.
Maybe others can add more to this, as I dont think you should have said you are unemployed.
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

apsk
Member of Standing
India

Post by apsk » Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:54 am

No intentions to scare you, but just by putting you name they can easily find out that you hold a work permit for some EU country which is valid only if you are in employment. Hence, your application could be rejection on the grounds of dishonesty/deception. Honesty is best policy while making such application. You would have said the truth about your employment, and employment could be short term also, any employment out of UK with family still residing in UK doesn't mean you are not intending to stay in UK. Nothing you can do now other than waiting for some response back.

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:18 pm

British Boy wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:14 pm
Hi Everyone,

Just looking for a bit of advice. I am quite tense now. I have gone through A LOT of topics on this forum, but decided to post a direct question to the members.

I have lived in the UK for 10 years - MSc student visa, Post Study Work Visa, Tier 2 General and ILR. I qualified for naturalisation in August 2019. However, in June I took up a ´job’ in an EU country. It was an opportunity I could not turn down. I am non EU and so required a work visa for this opportunity. I applied for British citizenship in August. I meet all the residency requirements. In my application I stated that I was unemployed and looking to develop an export business upon successful application as a BC. This is true because I do not intend to stay long in this role, but who knows? I am gaining the experience required to set up my business. Between June and August I made a few trips into the UK.

My fear is about future intentions requirement! I am now very anxious. My wife (Dependant) and child (just got citizenship) are in the UK. I emailed the Home Office today and the reply was that my application is now with a case worker. I have gone through similar topics on this thread, but couldn’t find any information whether those in similar situations were eventually successful. So here goes: has anyone been in a similar situation? Please let me know how it turned out and what you did. I am actually losing my mind here and really really depressed.
I didn't mean to scare you. But just thought I should share my opinion based on what you said. I am not the caseworker, so my opinion does not really matter in this. However, I guess you can only wait now for the outcome of your application. Don't think about it too much. I wish you all the best. Please keep us informed once you know the outcome.
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.