ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Convictions not recognised in the UK

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

lara2019
Newly Registered

Convictions not recognised in the UK

Post by lara2019 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:47 am

I come from a country which has an odd law called 'leaving work crime'. Under this law if a public sector employee leave their work before their organisation accepts their resignation or they fail to return to work from an unpaid leave, they are automatically prosecuted and convicted of 'leaving work crime' and sentenced to 3-5 years prison plus hefty fines and compensations! If someone is convicted of this 'crime' in my country, does this conviction count as a conviction in UK law and thus will create problems for ILR applications.

zimba
Mood:

Re: Convictions not recognised in the UK

Post by zimba » Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:38 pm

This is not relevant to ILR
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

lara2019
Newly Registered

Post by lara2019 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:45 pm

Zimba wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:38 pm
Thank you very much for the reply. Just to confirm because I am really very worried, this kind of litigation is not considered a crime of offense in UK law? right?

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:52 pm

lara2019 wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:45 pm
Zimba wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:38 pm
Thank you very much for the reply. Just to confirm because I am really very worried, this kind of litigation is not considered a crime of offense in UK law? right?
There is no such "leaving work crime" in the UK.

Many things that can happen abroad have no equivalent in the UK. I know a women who was jailed in Iran for having removed her veil in public. The UK, is not going to consider such sentence.