ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indefinite Leave to Remain

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Rehan ali
Newly Registered

Indefinite Leave to Remain

Post by Rehan ali » Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:15 pm

Hi All
i require some guidance, my wife join me on dependent visa and once that expire i applied for SEL 0 due to various reasons, she was granted family visa and once that was expired i apply for spouse visa. Now she has spend 5 years in UK. My questions are
1- can she apply for ILR as she spend 5 years in UK
2- Time she spend on family visa will count or she have to start the clock again and wait for 5 years from spouse visa.

thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Indefinite Leave to Remain

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:25 pm

my wife join me on dependent visa and once that expire i applied for SEL 0 due to various reasons
What application is 'SEL O'???
she was granted family visa and once that was expired i apply for spouse visa. Now she has spend 5 years in UK.
What is her full UK immigration history includes all the exact visas and category she has held?? It is not clear from your post at all.
1- can she apply for ILR as she spend 5 years in UK
It depends on what visa categories she has held.
2- Time she spend on family visa will count or she have to start the clock again and wait for 5 years from spouse visa.
Useful to state the full exact UK immigration history if you expect any advice.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Rehan ali
Newly Registered

Post by Rehan ali » Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:45 pm

thanks for you response
she joined me on depended visa and i was on HSMP at that time, for her extension i applied for SEL O visa on which she was granted family visa for 30 months and now she on spouse Visa.
her immigration history 1- depended visa - 2- family visa 3 - spouse visa.
thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:49 pm

she joined me on depended visa and i was on HSMP at that time,
So a PBS Dependent.
for her extension i applied for SEL O visa
There is no such form as SEL O. Do you meant SET(O) for ILR??
on which she was granted family visa for 30 months and now she on spouse Visa.
Why did she not get ILR on presumably form SET(O)?? Was she granted LTR on the 10 year partner route? What 'spouse visa' form did you complete, was it FLR(M)??
her immigration history 1- depended visa - 2- family visa 3 - spouse visa.
It is absolutely imperative that you state exactly what category of dependent visa, family visa and spouse visa she held and all the relevant start and expiry dates. She needs 5 years on FLR(M) spouse visa before she can apply for ILR on form SET(M). She cannot combine different categories of visas which have different rules to make up 5 years.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Rehan ali
Newly Registered

Post by Rehan ali » Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:15 pm

thanks, will gather all relevant information and share