ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How long to receive decison letter and BRP

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Mitts
Newly Registered

Can we apply for ILR?

Post by Mitts » Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:36 pm

Hi - quick question about my wife's application - below is the timeline

She received entry clearance on 13/10/14
She entered the UK on 05/01/15
In July 2017 she was granted further leave to remain until 13/01/20 - the letter stated that this was granted on the 5 year route.

Are we correct to then assume that she can apply for ILR from 28 days before 05/01/20 (after 60 months of coming to the UK)?

Appreciate any comments.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Can we apply for ILR?

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:38 pm

Are we correct to then assume that she can apply for ILR from 28 days before 05/01/20 (after 60 months of coming to the UK)?
Assuming it is a spouse settlement visa (FLR-M - as you don't state the category), yes the above is correct. No sooner than within 28 days before the 5th anniversary of the date she entered the UK. Note that the date of application is the date you submit and pay online and NOT the date of UKCVAS biometric appointment.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Mitts
Newly Registered

Post by Mitts » Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:08 pm

Yes, correct, it is FLR - M she is currently on and we are now using SET (M) for ILR application.

Out of interest - do you know the approximate wait time between submitting application and getting a biometric appointment? Is it a problem if we submit application on 10 December (28 days before 60 months) but can not get an appointment until after 13/01/20 (the date her current visa expires)?

Also, once a biometric appointment is booked can it be changed to a later date? I ask these questions as my wife is pregnant (due 2nd week of January) so am trying to cover all eventualities.

I also assume that when we submit the application, if our baby is not born early by this date, we select 0 children?

Thanks again.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:13 pm

Is it a problem if we submit application on 10 December (28 days before 60 months) but can not get an appointment until after 13/01/20 (the date her current visa expires)?
No issue.
Also, once a biometric appointment is booked can it be changed to a later date? I ask these questions as my wife is pregnant (due 2nd week of January) so am trying to cover all eventualities.
I don't know.
I also assume that when we submit the application, if our baby is not born early by this date, we select 0 children?
You complete the form as per circumstances on the date you submit. If there are no children then you state it as such.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Mitts
Newly Registered

Post by Mitts » Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:30 pm

Thank you, very useful.

Also, is my understanding correct that anytime outside the UK during the 5 period mentioned above will not be a factor? The time outside would have solely been holiday for a maximum of 3 weeks a couple of times a year.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:00 pm

FLR m spouse visa holders has not absence limits.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Mitts
Newly Registered

SET (M) IDLR Document Checklist

Post by Mitts » Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:11 am

Hi all,

my wife is planning to apply for IDLR in the next couple of days and I just wanted to confirm that the below list of documents we have is sufficient.

Her current BRP
Her current passport
All her previous passports
Her life in UK pass confirmation
Her University certificate

My signed declaration
My last 6 payslips from my employment
My last 6 bank statements corresponding to these payslips
My letter from employment confirming permanent role, length of employment and salary
My current passport
our marriage certificate

6 letters address to both my wife and I over last 2.5 years (examples being water bills, electricity bills, council tax, bank statements)

Current mortgage document (to cover "evidence of monthly housing costs")

"evidence of council tax costs for house" - already included in 6 letters mentioned above.

Does the above list cover everything we need?

Konzo1
Tuvalu

Re: SET (M) IDLR Document Checklist

Post by Konzo1 » Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:27 am

is her degree from a UK university?

Mitts
Newly Registered

Re: SET (M) IDLR Document Checklist

Post by Mitts » Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:18 pm

Yes it is

Mitts
Newly Registered

How long to receive decison letter and BRP

Post by Mitts » Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:00 pm

We used the Super Priority Services and submitted documents on 11/12/19.

Today (12/12/19) we received an email containing the following:

I am pleased to confirm that your application for Indefinite Leave to Remain has now been granted. You will receive your decision letter and Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) via post in due course and these will confirm your immigration status.

Thank you for using our Super Priority Service.

Yours sincerely,

I just wanted to confirm that IDLR has now been given (it says granted so this is obviously the case but just checking) and how long the BRP and letter take to be received. Are they actually sent in the post or via courier.

Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: How long to receive decison letter and BRP

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:03 pm

BRP cards are sent by DX courier and usually take between 7 and 10 days. Might be delays with Christmas season though.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Mitts
Newly Registered

Post by Mitts » Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:12 pm

Thanks.

And we are obviously ok to assume IDLR has been granted - no issues there?
Also do DX actually contact us regarding delivery - cant sit at home for 7-10 days.....

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:14 pm

And we are obviously ok to assume IDLR has been granted - no issues there?
Email you received is pretty clear on what has been granted!
Also do DX actually contact us regarding delivery - cant sit at home for 7-10 days.....
No, they just arrive and if you are not in, leave a card.
Char (CR001 not Casa)