ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travel on current, unexpired BRP while waiting for new BRP

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Saudi2001
Newly Registered
United States of America

Travel on current, unexpired BRP while waiting for new BRP

Post by Saudi2001 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:56 pm

Hi,

I have recently applied for and been approved for my Tier 2 General extension, my wife is my dependant. I am American, my wife Lebanese (so no visa free travel to the UK). Our existing leave is valid until Dec 11th 2019, we just wanted to get ahead of things. We received the decision email a week ago but so far haven't received our BRPs. In another week my wife needs to travel for a wedding.

The decision email states "Do not book travel until you receive your BRP. Doing so may mean that you fail to receive your BRP and that puts you at risk of being unable to prove that you have leave to remain in the UK, and of being refused re-entry into the UK"

This isn't clear to me. She has a valid BRP, they didn't take it from us, we are supposed to mail it in once we get our new ones.

The decision letter states "If you hold a Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) because your leave has expired (*ours has not*), or you were issued with a replacement (*as yet we haven't been issued replacements*) you must now return it to the Home Office as it no longer valid." Given the two comments they make don't seem to apply to us can I assume our BRPs are still valid?

I have checked both of our BRP numbers on the 'Right to Work' website and both our statuses have been updated to show our new leave expiry dates, even though I am entering in the old BRP number.

So she should be able to show the UKBA that she has leave to remain in the UK, right?

Does anybody have any experience with this?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Travel on current, unexpired BRP while waiting for new BRP

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:05 pm

Her brp card and visa would have been cancelled and superceded by the new visa and brp card, so her brp is no longer valid.

Brp cards take 7 to 10 working days to be delivered. Contact DX Couriers to find out if they have a delivery for you.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.