ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKVCAS Super Priority Service

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Chinzer
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Re: UKVCAS Super Priority Service

Post by Chinzer » Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:04 pm

Hi all,

A bit of background information on my case:

Application: ILR through 5 years Tier 2 visa. Set (o)
Submission date: 2 Oct
Service: Super priority service

Appointment: Croydon centre, free appointment £0 with no extra service
Date: 29 Oct

I attended my appointment this morning and am just wondering if anyone had similar experience.

My company paid for a solicitor to go through my mandatory/ supporting documents and uploaded everything for me after I had submitted my application on 2 Oct. Since the solicitor had reviewed everything, I booked a free appointment at Croydon without extra services.

This morning when I attended the appointment, the staff pointed me straight to enroll my biometrics (pictures and fingerprints) and she verified my passport details. She also asked me to confirm that I am happy to submit my application. I was told everything is done and I should have the decision by tomorrow. She did NOT check any of my original documents.

My queries:
1) I thought she was going to verify and check my original documents. I asked the staff if I need to take anything out for her to see but she said no. Is this normal?

2) The whole process only lasted about 10mins and all I did was to enroll my biometrics and got my passport checked. Other people on the forum said they had to wait around to be seen again. Did I miss something?

3) I haven't got an email about my documents being submitted/ received. Shouldn't I receive a notification from UKVI once I have been to the appointment?

Can someone please comment/ share their appointment experience? Would be helpful if you also clarify if you booked a free appointment or you have paid for it.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:12 pm

Chinzer wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:04 pm
Hi all,

I attended my appointment this morning and am just wondering if anyone had similar experience.

My company paid for a solicitor to go through my mandatory/ supporting documents and uploaded everything for me after I had submitted my application on 2 Oct. Since the solicitor had reviewed everything, I booked a free appointment at Croydon without extra services.

This morning when I attended the appointment, the staff pointed me straight to enroll my biometrics (pictures and fingerprints) and she verified my passport details. She also asked me to confirm that I am happy to submit my application. I was told everything is done and I should have the decision by tomorrow. She did NOT check any of my original documents.

My queries:
1) I thought she was going to verify and check my original documents. I asked the staff if I need to take anything out for her to see but she said no. Is this normal?

2) The whole process only lasted about 10mins and all I did was to enroll my biometrics and got my passport checked. Other people on the forum said they had to wait around to be seen again. Did I miss something?

3) I haven't got an email about my documents being submitted/ received. Shouldn't I receive a notification from UKVI once I have been to the appointment?

Can someone please comment/ share their appointment experience? Would be helpful if you also clarify if you booked a free appointment or you have paid for it.
As already advised.
CR001 wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:00 pm
This is the normal process.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

needcos
India

Post by needcos » Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:41 am

Chinzer wrote:
Hi all,

My queries:

this is completely normal!!, they will check if you have bought document checking service(£35 or so) if available.

I have done my bio metrics last week and received the approval email from HO within 3 hours, waiting for BRP to arrive.

Chinzer
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Post by Chinzer » Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:53 am

CR001 wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:12 pm
Chinzer wrote:
Hi all,

My queries:

As already advised.
CR001 wrote:
I got my ILR just now! Definitely over the moon now. Thanks everyone for their help, esp. CR001. This forum has been really useful. Next stop naturalisation=]

FLrmV
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by FLrmV » Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:42 pm

Application Type : FLR(M) - 1st Extension
Application Submitted on :5-Oct-2019
In Person Application :Online (Super-Priority-Service)
Biometrics Enrolled on (for postal app):6-Oct-2019
No complex issues email received :(
Decision of Application Email: Waiting
Date of Decision: Waiting
BRP Card Received: Waiting

First escalation - 14-October-2019
Second escalation - 21-October-2019
Generic emails no specific response.

No news yet anyone please help me what to do next?

Ausxbrit
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by Ausxbrit » Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:11 pm

Application type: FLR (AF), first ext. from fiance visa
Date of application: 13th Oct
Service type: Super priority service
Appointment centre: Croydon
Biometrics appointment: 22nd Oct
Email decison: waiting
Additional information request: none
Written decision: waiting

Really stressful. The main reason we went for priority service is because we wanted to minimize the wait period as it is such a stressful time being in limbo. This has actually been more stressful :cry:

Anyway, I have been following all of these posts so thought I should contribute!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:13 pm

Ausxbrit wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:11 pm

Really stressful. The main reason we went for priority service is because we wanted to minimize the wait period as it is such a stressful time being in limbo. This has actually been more stressful :cry:

Anyway, I have been following all of these posts so thought I should contribute!
Could I ask why you used for FLR AF??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

FLrmV
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by FLrmV » Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:18 pm

FLrmV wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:42 pm
Application Type : FLR(M) - 1st Extension
Application Submitted on :5-Oct-2019
In Person Application :Online (Super-Priority-Service)
Biometrics Enrolled on (for postal app):6-Oct-2019
No complex issues email received :(
Decision of Application Email: Waiting
Date of Decision: Waiting
BRP Card Received: Waiting

First escalation - 14-October-2019
Second escalation - 21-October-2019
Generic emails no specific response.

No news yet anyone please help me what to do next?
@CR001 please could you help?

Ausxbrit
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by Ausxbrit » Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:21 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:13 pm
Ausxbrit wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:11 pm

Could I ask why you used for FLR AF??
Because we were advised to as my husband is in the armed forces and this type will allow time spent on foreign bases to count towards ILR. Is this not correct? :shock:

shrenrique
Newly Registered

Post by shrenrique » Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:53 pm

When trying to upload documents on the UKVCAS website, I dont see any options under the mandatory documents section. Would anyone know why that might be so? I see loads of categories under the optional documents list though.

needcos
India

Post by needcos » Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:26 am

Chinzer wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:53 am
CR001 wrote:
Chinzer wrote:
Hi all,

My queries:

As already advised.
CR001 wrote:
I got my ILR just now! Definitely over the moon now. Thanks everyone for their help, esp. CR001. This forum has been really useful. Next stop naturalisation=]
have you received your BRP?

Chinzer
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Post by Chinzer » Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:34 pm

needcos wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:26 am
Chinzer wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:53 am
CR001 wrote:
Chinzer wrote:
Hi all,

My queries:

As already advised.
CR001 wrote:
have you received your BRP?
No, not yet. Just the email confirming that it has been successful. It took just a bit under 24 hrs for the decision to arrive. I am not expecting my BRP until next week.

pr1
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by pr1 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:57 pm

Just an update on my Tier-2 General Change of Employer application

Date of application: 11th October
Type: Super Priority
Date of biometrics: 21st October

No response for several days. Called UKVI after 3 days. They said wait for 5 working days. Called again after 5 working days. They said as you have applied through lawyer you need to get his confirmation that he has not received decision letter. My lawyer was on leave so had to wait until 1st November. Lawyer confirmed he hasn't received any communication.

1st November: Called UKVI they said they will respond within 5 working days.
4th November: UKVI responded that there was a technical error at Sopra Steria due to which UKVI did not receive biometrics and the super priority fee will be refunded. I don't need to do anything as this can be resolved by Sopra Steria.

Hopefully I will get the Visa soon! :)

brightside79
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by brightside79 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:24 am

Excellent thank you!
Did you submit photos of you and your friends/ family to support your application?

Alexkung wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:44 pm
Very impressed by the service! Here s my case and hope it will be useful for further applicants:

Applied for ILR Route : ILR via 10 year long residence (Super priority)
Online form submission and payment: 07/10/2019
Date application submitted - 10pm via premium service (delayed due to lacking of docs): 12/10/2019 (finger print taken at lunch time the same day)
Approval email: 13/10/2019 Sunday morning at ~10 am
Decision letter received: 16/10/2019
BRP Card Received : waiting

Few points to mention:
1) organise you support documents based on your other reasons of staying in the UK (such as bought a house, have built up friends circles, commute to work and is used to driving culture in the UK - driver's license, have built credit line/insurance history etc.)

2) I wrote a casework letter to help the casework build up my life story - mainly explain how my 10-year continuous lawful stay in the UK has been built - here is some template i created and hope it would of any help to future applicants:

ILR Applicant: (name)
Payment reference:
Dear Caseworker,
Hope this letter finds you well.
Appreciating that it is time consuming for you to build up a 10-year life story for my ILR application, I hereby provide my visa timeline for my 10-year lawful continuous stay in the UK, and hope this would be of help with your work on my case.
1. 10-year lawful continuous stay
• Entered the UK on xxxx
• Application on xxxxx (date), x years x days after my first arrival entitled to my application
• No leave more than 180 days at once, and in total x days spent outside the UK.

2. Visas for Education (08/2009-03/2016)
• Visa #1 T4 (visa no:): 08/2009-08/2010 – Final year of my undergraduate in x University
• Visa #2 T4 (visa no:): 09/2010-02/2012 MSc in x University
• Visa #3 T4 (visa no:): 03/2012-03/2016 doctorate in x University (visa returned to Home Office to apply for Visa #4)

3. Visas for Employment (07/2015-10/2020)
• Visa #4 T2 (visa no:): 07/2015-02/2016 RA in x University (visa returned to Home Office to apply for Visa #5)
• Visa #5 T2 (visa no:): 02/2016-11/2017 RF in the University of y (visa returned to Home Office to apply for Visa #6)
• Visa #6 T2 (visa no:): 11/2017-10/2020 Jobs a, b, c at y company

4. Other important stories
• Jan 2018 Issued a new passport (passport no), old passport (passport no) (See Appendix)
• 2009 – present, two police registration certificates (original), with reg numbers a for passport x and b for Passport y (See Appendix)

The above is supported by the documents attached together with the application, and a list is provided below as catalogue.
List of appendix/supporting documents:
Must have documents:
1. degree certificate
2. Other supporting documents – please see appendix list
3. Current passport
4. Current BRP
5. Old passport
Appendix:
Appendix 1. Property ownership evidence
Appendix 2. Photos with my friends
Appendix 3. Mortgage history
Appendix 4. Payslip, current contract of employment
Appendix 5. Utility bills (gas, electricity, water, TV license, broadband bill, mobile bill etc.)
Appendix 6. Driver’s license
Appendix 7. Car and house insurances, council tax
Appendix 8. Photos with my girlfriend (my girlfriend is local)
Appendix 9: Police Registration Certificates
Appendix 10: Life in the UK Test Certificate
Hope this helps.
Best regards,
(Name)

Good luck!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:47 am

brightside79 wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:24 am
Excellent thank you!
Did you submit photos of you and your friends/ family to support your application?
The user you have quoted submit far too many completely unnecessary documents for ILR LR. Photos of friends/family are NOT required.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

pr1
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by pr1 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:17 pm

pr1 wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:57 pm

No response for several days. Called UKVI after 3 days. They said wait for 5 working days. Called again after 5 working days. They said as you have applied through lawyer you need to get his confirmation that he has not received decision letter. My lawyer was on leave so had to wait until 1st November. Lawyer confirmed he hasn't received any communication.

4th November: UKVI responded that there was a technical error at Sopra Steria due to which UKVI did not receive biometrics and the super priority fee will be refunded. I don't need to do anything as this can be resolved by Sopra Steria.

I have received the approval email today! Now have to wait for BRP.

The employers lawyer has said that I can start work now even without BRP. But I can see the below here: https://www.gov.uk/tier-2-general/extend-your-visa
"You should not start your new job until you’ve received your biometric residence permit with your new permission."

I can see some posts on this forum that say you can begin work from your CoS start date even if you haven't received BRP. Is this correct? I want to apply for ILR soon and don't want this to affect my application. So would like a confirmation.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:19 pm

pr1 wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:17 pm
pr1 wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:57 pm

I have received the approval email today! Now have to wait for BRP.

The employers lawyer has said that I can start work now even without BRP. But I can see the below here: https://www.gov.uk/tier-2-general/extend-your-visa
"You should not start your new job until you’ve received your biometric residence permit with your new permission."

I can see some posts on this forum that say you can begin work from your CoS start date even if you haven't received BRP. Is this correct? I want to apply for ILR soon and don't want this to affect my application. So would like a confirmation.
Kindly ask your tier 2 specific questions in the tier 2 sub forum. These questions are not relevant to this topic.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

brightside79
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by brightside79 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:57 pm

Thank you!
CR001 wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:47 am
brightside79 wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:24 am
Excellent thank you!
The user you have quoted submit far too many completely unnecessary documents for ILR LR. Photos of friends/family are NOT required.

only zap
Newly Registered
India

Post by only zap » Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:30 pm

justlikehannah wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:55 pm
Wanted to share my experience, having lurked on this board looking for good news while I prepared my application:

Route: Tier 2 to ILR with 2 dependants -- Super Priority Service
18 June 2019: submitted application online
3 July 2019: 10.30AM appointment at core service point in Croydon, finished about 11.45
3 July 2019: 1.51PM received email confirming leave was granted and BRP to follow

I scanned and uploaded before the appointment --

Passport + two previous passports
Husband and daughter's passports
BRP
Husband and daughter's BRP
Life in the UK pass certificate x 2 (me and my husband)
Most recent payslip
Most recent bank statement showing salary deposited
Document from sponsor confirming employment etc. plus approval of absences from UK
Document from previous Tier 2 sponsor including approval of absences from UK
Marriage certificate
Evidence of cohabitation with husband (7 letters over past two years -- council tax, utility bills, home insurance policy)
Child's UK birth certificate

Overall I liked Sopra Steria staff a lot -- very friendly when compared to same-day service at Lunar House, which I used previously. Wishing everyone luck with their applications! It is such a stressful process but I hope you all have a positive outcome.
Hi,

Could you please let me know how you book the super priority service? Do you get any option to book the super priority service or do you have to book it separately from Sopra stereo? Any help will be a great help.Thaks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:36 pm

only zap wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:30 pm
Hi,

Could you please let me know how you book the super priority service? Do you get any option to book the super priority service or do you have to book it separately from Sopra stereo? Any help will be a great help.Thaks
You choose it if given the option in the online form process before payment. If you do not get an option for it, then it means it is not available.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

only zap
Newly Registered
India

Post by only zap » Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:25 pm

Hi,

This UKVCAS super priority service is only available with sopra steria or is it also available with home office centres? Does new Set (M) ILR forms gives you option to apply directly to home office under old system & receive decisions on same day or its super priority service with sopra steria and receive decision on next working day ? Thanks and any help will be a great help !!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:27 pm

only zap wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:25 pm
Hi,

This UKVCAS super priority service is only available with sopra steria or is it also available with home office centres? Does new Set (M) ILR forms gives you option to apply directly to home office under old system & receive decisions on same day or its super priority service with sopra steria and receive decision on next working day ? Thanks and any help will be a great help !!
You can only apply through ukcvas sopra steria. You cannot apply at a home office centre anymore. The Home office premium service centres have been closed for a year now.

You get your service options online before you pay.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Roxon
Newly Registered

Post by Roxon » Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:45 am

I have applied my ILR application through my solicitor on 2nd of Nov ( Saturday ) and did my biometric enrol with the scanning service on 3rd of Nov ( Sunday) Super Priority service.

However i still have not heard anything from HO also my solictor has not received any response from HO.

I wonder why they are taking this time still I applied for super Priority.

No idea what is happening. getting scared now.

ukvisat2

Post by ukvisat2 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:53 am

Applied for ILR Route: Tier 2 General 5 year route same employer (Super priority)
Date of application submitted and paid: 03/11/2019
Date Biometrics Enrolled: 04/10/2019 @ 09:30 am @ Manchester Premium Lounge (paid £125)
Approval/Refusal Received : Confirmation email came through 05/11/2019 @ 14:00
BRP Card Received : waiting

Few points to mention:
1) the Right to work website doesn't work for me to check the status, yesterday I received the approval email but the website is still displaying this
'We can't show your record
You will need to prove your right to work by showing an employer your identity document – your EU passport or national identity card, or biometric residence document.'.

2) Email of approval comes from a new email(home.office.atlas at notifications.service.gov.uk) and the format is different, Looks more like a Letter that is sent to home address.

Dear xxxxxxxx

Ref: xxxxxxx(your application number)

Your application for indefinite leave to remain in the UK has been successful.
What happens next
You will receive your Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) by courier within 7 working days. It is your BRP, not this letter, is the official document that grants you status.

rumishe
Newly Registered

Post by rumishe » Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:03 am

ILR Route : SET(M) after 5 years FLR(M)
Online form submission and payment: 03/11/2019
Biometrics intake appointment - 05/11/2019 @8am via premium service Croydon Bedpoint, £75 appointment
Approval email: 05/11/2019 @8.10am
Decision letter received: tbc
BRP Card : tbc

I'm very grateful for this forum and how it has supported me in being an informed person when it comes to immigration matters, choices, and my rights. The information that I have gained from this forum over the past 7 years is invaluable. The guidance from the moderators and the insight from contributing members' experiences have been instrumental to all the choices I've made towards my immigration journey. I'm very thankful.

Naturalisation is my next stop, Fingers crossed for a positive outcome. :D :D :D :D