ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

From Tier 1 GE to Tier 2

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Vasilisa1
Newly Registered

From Tier 1 GE to Tier 2

Post by Vasilisa1 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:21 pm

Hi all,

I was on Tier 1 GE visa recently and applied to Tier 1 E visa before my Tier 1 GE visa expires (it expired on 30th November) and now my documents are with HO under consideration. I have already taken biometrics and submitted docs.

However, I have an offer to switch to Tier 2 visa.

When you are on Tier 1 GE visa, it is easier to switch to Tier 2 as Tier 1 GE visa holders are exempt from Residence Labor Market test and hiring companies will not pay Immigration Skill Surcharge + you can immediately get CoS with unlimited sponsorship.

My questions are:

1) as my Tier 1 GE has already expired and my application to switch to Tier 1 E is under consideration and the decision is not made yet, can I still easily switch to Tier 2? Do I still have the above-described privileges? or they no longer apply to me as my Tier GE has already expired?

2) if I still can easily switch to Tier 2, how do I do that? Do I fill a new visa application form which overturns the existing application?

Your advice is highly appreciated! Thank you in advance!

marcnath

Re: From Tier 1 GE to Tier 2

Post by marcnath » Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:04 pm

Vasilisa1 wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:21 pm
Hi all,

I was on Tier 1 GE visa recently and applied to Tier 1 E visa before my Tier 1 GE visa expires (it expired on 30th November) and now my documents are with HO under consideration. I have already taken biometrics and submitted docs.

However, I have an offer to switch to Tier 2 visa.

When you are on Tier 1 GE visa, it is easier to switch to Tier 2 as Tier 1 GE visa holders are exempt from Residence Labor Market test and hiring companies will not pay Immigration Skill Surcharge + you can immediately get CoS with unlimited sponsorship.

My questions are:

1) as my Tier 1 GE has already expired and my application to switch to Tier 1 E is under consideration and the decision is not made yet, can I still easily switch to Tier 2? Do I still have the above-described privileges? or they no longer apply to me as my Tier GE has already expired?

2) if I still can easily switch to Tier 2, how do I do that? Do I fill a new visa application form which overturns the existing application?

Your advice is highly appreciated! Thank you in advance!
1) Yes, you can vary your application anytime before it is decided.
2) You file a new Tier 2 visa application and mention in the cover letter that this application is meant to vary your existing Tier 1 application.

You will get your Tier 1 fees refunded but it will likely take some time
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.