ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indian passport renewal in UK- Is PPF Manditory

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

vishali2010

Indian passport renewal in UK- Is PPF Manditory

Post by vishali2010 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:11 am

Dear friends,

Hope all are doing well. Great forum and lovely people, helping each other :)

I am due to renew my Indian passport in the UK.

I am confused with PPF - Police verification form. Is it manditory to fill this form? if yes then what references I must give in the PPF form. I spoke to couple of my friends who renewed their Indian passport recently and they said they did not submit any PPF Form. But I spoke to the VFS Global customer service and they mentioned its manditory.

Can someone please share your experience, while renewing Indian passport in the UK, whether PPF - Police verification form is manditory or can be ignored

Thank You in Advance!

vishali2010

Re: Indian passport renewal in UK- Is PPF Manditory

Post by vishali2010 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:58 am

Hi,

Can someone reply to my query please.. Thank You!

vishali2010

Post by vishali2010 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:17 am

Guys

Can anyone please reply to my query, Is PFF Manditory to renew Indian passport in the UK.

Thank you !

vishali2010

Post by vishali2010 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:24 am

Hi all,

Got only 2days left for my appointment. Can anyone answer my query please...

Thank You!

Nirshru17
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Nirshru17 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:58 pm

Did u get an answer to your query? I am in the same boat

vishali2010

Post by vishali2010 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:49 pm

No answer... :(

I got VFS appointment tomorrow and I am not sure whether to submit the PFF form with my application.

Hopefully some one will answer my query by tomorrow morning

Lee0918
Newly Registered

Post by Lee0918 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:18 pm

Hi I am not sure if u still need an answer for this but I'll share it with u anyway
U just need to print that PPF and fill all the details with 2 references 1 from India and 1 from here and submit with ur application thats all.

Rkohdi
India

Post by Rkohdi » Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:30 pm

I renew my passport last year in october and i only fill online form and thats it ...they even not looking my other documents ...no need anything ..just take any address proof .....within 10days i got my passport back .....just take ur old one with u which they will give u back straightaway.

vishali2010

Post by vishali2010 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:46 pm

Thank You Lee and Rkhodi for your replies.

Yes, PFF is manditory, I tried to skip the PFF but the lady at the counter said, PFF is manditory and also said its better to give 2 references from India, rather one from India and 1 from the UK . Anyways, I filled it straight and submitted.

So guys, please fill the PFF and submit along with all other docs. All the best!

Rkohdi
India

Post by Rkohdi » Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:36 am

I dont it smethwick indian embassy and i did not provide anything like that

vishali2010

Post by vishali2010 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:11 pm

My friend applied 6months ago and they dint ask for PFF. I applied yesterday and they said PFF is manditory, I enquired with the vfs helpline and they said its manditory too. Thats my experience.

All the best :)

Garry20g

Post by Garry20g » Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:53 pm

Hi. There is no need to provide PFF for every one. If your passport is lost or your address is changed on your passport and few more things like this. Then you need to provide PFF. Otherwise no need.

vishali2010

Post by vishali2010 » Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:45 pm

Hi,

I received my new passport today. Quicker than expected.
Applied last monday (18/11/2019)
Recevied text yesterday, that my application is processed succesfuly and new passport dispatched
Recevied my new passport today. So, in just 8 working days, I received new passport.

Regarding PFF, when I was applying, I Spoke multiple times with vfs customer service, just to be very sure if PFF is manditory and each time they said PFF is manditory. I mentioned to them that my friends who applied 6 months ago, did not provide PFF, but they said the rule has changed now and PFF is manditory. I went to the VFS without filling the PFF, but near the counter the lady gave me the form and said I must fill PFF, even though there is no change in address, even though nothing has changed from my old passport.

So guys, thats my experience. So its up to you to fill PFF before going to VFS or fill it near the counter whilst submitting the application.

All the very best, I did not get answer for my query on time, hopefully this will be little help for those who are confused whether PFF is manditory or not.

Best Regards :)

bhx81
Newly Registered
India

Post by bhx81 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:22 pm

Hello vishali2010 and others
Thank you for sharing your experiences.
I am renewing my visa. My wife and I also want to include spouse name. Hence both are applying.

In PPF, did you provide One reference in UK and One in India?

This is a silly question. Should they be from the same town near the address? I have childhood friends who live in London. I would prefer them.

In my case, I haven't lived in the current UK address for past one year. Should I give another set of form + reference for previous UK address?

There is not much of clarity here.
Wish there was policy guidance document for these.
Thank you in advance. Any input will be really appreciated.

bhx81
Newly Registered
India

Post by bhx81 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:52 pm

I have an appointment in few days. Any reply is very much appreciated.
Thank you.

permitteduser
Newly Registered

Post by permitteduser » Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:16 pm

Hello everyone,
Thank you for all your advice and tips. My wife is applying to renew her Indian passport, and I had the same question regarding PPF. Thanks for the clarification.

While filling out the online application at (https://portal3.passportindia.gov.in/Online/index.html) I have a doubt under the Applicant address details section.
Is your passport printable address out of India?*
I assume I should answer 'No' here and give Indian address, no? She is living in the UK currently, but I read somewhere you must provide an Indian address. Is this correct?

permitteduser
Newly Registered

Post by permitteduser » Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:28 pm

Additionally,

What address am I to provide in
Other Address Details
?

apatiluk
Mood:
India

Post by apatiluk » Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:36 am

permitteduser wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:16 pm
I assume I should answer 'No' here and give Indian address, no? She is living in the UK currently, but I read somewhere you must provide an Indian address. Is this correct?
That is correct.

PASSPORT PRINTABLE ADDRESS DETAILS and To be printed on the Indian Passport: Should be your Indian address
Other Address details : Should be your UK address

permitteduser
Newly Registered

Post by permitteduser » Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:41 am

apatiluk wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:36 am
permitteduser wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:16 pm
That is correct.

PASSPORT PRINTABLE ADDRESS DETAILS and To be printed on the Indian Passport: Should be your Indian address
Other Address details : Should be your UK address
Hi, thank you for your reply. I assume you will need to provide address proof if you put down the UK address (in Other address section)?

apatiluk
Mood:
India

Post by apatiluk » Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:45 pm

permitteduser wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:41 am
I assume you will need to provide address proof if you put down the UK address (in Other address section)?
Yes you would have to provide them utility bills or council tax bills or bank statements as address proof.

SuryaVikram
Newly Registered
India

Post by SuryaVikram » Wed May 27, 2020 4:52 pm

vishali2010 wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:46 pm
Thank You Lee and Rkhodi for your replies.

Yes, PFF is manditory, I tried to skip the PFF but the lady at the counter said, PFF is manditory and also said its better to give 2 references from India, rather one from India and 1 from the UK . Anyways, I filled it straight and submitted.

So guys, please fill the PFF and submit along with all other docs. All the best!
Hi vishali2010,
Can you please let me know, what addresses you mentioned in the PPF form.
I would say permanent address as Indian address and present address as UK address.
With one reference for each address ?

rupankpal
Newly Registered
India

Post by rupankpal » Fri May 29, 2020 6:56 pm

Hi vishali,

I am due to renew my passport as well. Can you please let me know if you were asked to submit any other documents apart from the once mentioned in VFS site as below :
1. 4 (four) recent photographs
2. Annexure E – to be added with all the applications
3. PPF- Police Verification Form – to be added with all applications.
4. Copy of the First and last page of the passport.
5. Copy of Valid UK Visa/ Biometric Card
6. UK address proof.
7. VFS Declaration Form

Thanks,
Rupank

charua4

Post by charua4 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:45 pm

Hey

I am about to apply my renewal as well, cna you please confirm what all documents you submitted and has your application processed ?

tarunc
Newly Registered
India

Post by tarunc » Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:02 am

Dear All,

I want to share my experience on renewing Indian passport during your stay in UK. Here are steps I followed and got my renewed passport delivered to me in 8days in normal application process through DX courier from VFS Birmingham.

Online Application Form
Fill in your basic details as per your current passport to online form; When it comes to the address:

1. Address on Passport - This is your Indian Address. I didn't want to change this address, so I gave this as the printed on my passport. Or If you want to change your Indian address, then you can fill your new address but make sure you have proof of new Indian address (Original + 1 Xerox copy) with you.
2. Other Address: I gave this as my current UK Address
3. Parents Names: As per my passport (look at the address page of your passport)
4. File Number: Look at the address page of passport, you will see a field with name "File Number"

Documents submitted on June-2020
1. Original filled in Online application form
2. Original VFS Appointment Letter
3. One copy of Filled in Annexure-E (download from VFS website - give UK address "residing at" in the form)
4. One copy of filled in Declaration form (download from VFS website)

5. Two copies of PPF forms
1st PPF Form contains
India as permanent address; UK address as present address; Two UK references - Details

2nd PPF Form contains
India as permanent address; UK address as present address; Two India references - Details

6. Printout of UK Electricity Bills to show UK address proof.
7. [If applicable] - Copy of New Indian Address proof.
8. Your Original BRP Card + 1 copy of the same (Mandatory - they consider this as Valid Visa)
9. Your current passport + 1 copy of Front Page (where your name and dob etc are printed) and
last page (where your address is printed)
10. your 4 Passport size recent photographs. Look at the VFS website for photo specification.

Debit card payment (DX courier charges + Passport Application Charges)

I hope this could be useful.

Regards,
Tarun

shalinia
Newly Registered
India

Post by shalinia » Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:37 pm

Hi, I need to apply for reissue of Indian passport from UK. Could anyone please answer my below questions.
1) For those who applied for reissue of passport and submitted PPF, May I know if the police check is made again in India at your printable house address?
2) My Indian address from previous passport(no one lives in the previous address) is changed, so should I enter new address in the printable address column or fill in the same address as in previous passport?
3)I already filled the application and submitted for printing and entered the same India address in the Other column as well. Can I fill an other application with the UK address. (I mean can I fill two applications as the first one is wrong)?

Please pour in your suggestions. Thanks.

Regards,