ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bank statement

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Mfamily
Pakistan

Re: Cash saving route

Post by Mfamily » Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:55 am

I'm using govt.uk website for my spouse visa application
Do i need to fill appendix 2 form seperately?
Any one who applied recently without appendix 2 form and
succeeded in his application??

Mfamily
Pakistan

Post by Mfamily » Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:38 pm

I'm filling my application form from govt.uk and applying through all cash saving route
Can someone clear me that I'm filling form correctly below are my filled question on application form

Finance
Does Mfamily currently receive any of these benefits?
No, my partner does not receive any of these benefits
Is Mfamily currently sponsoring any additional children?
No
The Financial Requirement threshold which has been calculated£ 18,600.00
Will you be able to prove that the financial requirement is met?
Yes
Which types of income will you rely on to meet the financial requirement?
Cash savings
Savings
Finance
Add cash savings in the name of and solely in the control of:

Thanks

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:50 pm

Sounds right.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

Mfamily
Pakistan

Post by Mfamily » Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:16 pm

But when i complete financial page by clicking on cash savings route then in the end of this one question they ask i don't know why they ask this question

''Does(my partner my sponser) have a confirmed offer of employment in the UK starting within 3 months of their return?''

And also i didn't see anywhere in the form category D as i know category D is cash savings

Thanks geoeng need explanation

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:10 pm

Mfamily wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:16 pm
But when i complete financial page by clicking on cash savings route then in the end of this one question they ask i don't know why they ask this question

''Does(my partner my sponser) have a confirmed offer of employment in the UK starting within 3 months of their return?''

And also i didn't see anywhere in the form category D as i know category D is cash savings

Keep in mind we can't access the form and don't know what answers you have previously given, so might not be able to provide an explanation. If you answered anywhere on the form that your sponsor was employed, it may think you are trying to include employment income either from the UK or overseas as employment income can be combined with cash savings to meet the financial requirement. If this is the case, I suspect you could either answer the questions or just say your sponsor isn't employed; saying your sponsor isn't employed may make the application easier to fill out and their employment status is irrelevant anyway if you are relying on cash savings alone.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

Mfamily
Pakistan

Post by Mfamily » Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:02 pm

geoeng wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:10 pm
Mfamily wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:16 pm

Keep in mind we can't access the form and don't know what answers you have previously given, so might not be able to provide an explanation. If you answered anywhere on the form that your sponsor was employed, it may think you are trying to include employment income either from the UK or overseas as employment income can be combined with cash savings to meet the financial requirement. If this is the case, I suspect you could either answer the questions or just say your sponsor isn't employed; saying your sponsor isn't employed may make the application easier to fill out and their employment status is irrelevant anyway if you are relying on cash savings alone.
I'm relying on cash saving route i didn't mention anywhere in application form that my sponser is a employee but only here in the last this question coming

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:21 am

Mfamily wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:02 pm
I'm relying on cash saving route i didn't mention anywhere in application form that my sponser is a employee but only here in the last this question coming
Fair enough. Since it doesn't matter anyway, I'd just answer no and move on. If you answer yes then they'll be looking for supporting evidence that will just confuse the situation.

Mfamily
Pakistan

Post by Mfamily » Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:39 pm

Thanks geoeng there is another question confusing me

Situation is that My British sponser came to Pakistan five to six time after our marriage some time for 3 month sometime for 6 month and sometime for 5 or 7 month there is a question on application form
Have you ever lived with (sponser) within or outside the UK?,,

What should I put yes or not as there is another question that is
,,Have you met her? I said yes then they asked When did you first meet her I gave details when i met her
what should i write on first question yes or not as my wife and daughter both stayed with me last time 7 month but they didn't came here for settlement just for visit me
Waiting for expert opinion thanks

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:30 am

Mfamily wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:39 pm
What should I put yes or not
They aren't intended to be trick questions. Just answer them honestly. If you are unsure of which answer to select because of a complicated situation, pick one answer and explain the situation in a cover letter. You are required to prove the following and this is what the questions are intended to do: you must have met your partner in person, you must have a genuine and subsisting relationship, you must be in a valid marriage (or equivalent partnership), you must intend to live together in the UK. If you provide sufficient evidence to satisfy those criteria then you should be fine. If you are married, you are not required to have lived together previously so the answer to that specific question is rather irrelevant except that it helps prove a genuine and subsisting relationship; in your case, you can prove this by providing evidence of time spent together and of conversations when you were apart.

Mfamily
Pakistan

Post by Mfamily » Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:53 am

Need an expert opinion...
I'm using oanda.com for currency conversion but there is a option coming like INTERBANK +/- and there are options under that 0% 1% 4% and 5%
Will the ECO will convert the currency with 0% or with any other options
I have pak rupees account and using cash saving route for spouse visa thanks

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:57 am

Mfamily wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:53 am
Need an expert opinion...
I'm using oanda.com for currency conversion but there is a option coming like INTERBANK +/- and there are options under that 0% 1% 4% and 5%
Will the ECO will convert the currency with 0% or with any other options
I have pak rupees account and using cash saving route for spouse visa thanks
The different interbank percentages are provided so people can account for fees that banks and currency converters would charge for actually converting their currency when they are buying and selling. It is the 0% rate that is the actual exchange rate as no currency is actually being converted.

Mfamily
Pakistan

Post by Mfamily » Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:39 pm

Thanks geoeng
Want to know whatsapp screenshots should be without spouse name or with name? Should we delete name from contacts or should we take screenshots with the names on WhatsApp chats
Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:44 pm

Mfamily wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:39 pm
Thanks geoeng
Want to know whatsapp screenshots should be without spouse name or with name? Should we delete name from contacts or should we take screenshots with the names on WhatsApp chats
Thanks
WITH name so HO can see it is your spouse and not a random person.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Mfamily
Pakistan

Post by Mfamily » Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:45 pm

We are facing a problem before six month in my wife's uk account amount was 13000 and in our joint account in Pakistan before six month amount was hardly 49500£ after
Conversion but before two month in my wife's UK account amount was 12724£ and that same date time in our Pakistani account amount was 52000£. And in application form they asked seperately about our two accounts amounts if i put 12724 on application form on my wife's account then we face shortage of almost 200 pounds what to do now should i put 13000 or lowest i mean 12724 as when amount was 12724 before two month but on the same date in our joint accounts amount was high in Pakistani joint account
Need an expert opinion thanks

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:24 am

Mfamily wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:45 pm
We are facing a problem before six month in my wife's uk account amount was 13000 and in our joint account in Pakistan before six month amount was hardly 49500£ after
Conversion but before two month in my wife's UK account amount was 12724£ and that same date time in our Pakistani account amount was 52000£.
I think you need to keep in mind a couple of things.
1 - You can only use cash savings you have held for at least 6 months prior to the date of application. Any amount of these funds not held for 6 months likely would not be considered. This includes any income into that savings account in the previous 6 months. It also means you should probably be using the lowest UK account amount (£12,724) as you have not held the whole £13,000 for 6 months.
2 - You should only be converting one PKR value to £, not converting each month. Whatever amount of PKR you have held for at least 6 months prior to applying should be converted to £ using the exchange rate on the date of applying and this amount in £ should be used towards meeting the financial requirement. That is my understanding anyway, others with more experience in the cash savings route might correct this. Hopefully it helps in figuring out which amounts to put.

Mfamily
Pakistan

Post by Mfamily » Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:46 pm

geoeng wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:24 am
Mfamily wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:45 pm
Conversion but before two month in my wife's UK account amount was 12724£ and that same date time in our Pakistani account amount was 52000£.
I think you need to keep in mind a couple of things.
1 - You can only use cash savings you have held for at least 6 months prior to the date of application. Any amount of these funds not held for 6 months likely would not be considered. This includes any income into that savings account in the previous 6 months. It also means you should probably be using the lowest UK account amount (£12,724) as you have not held the whole £13,000 for 6 months.
2 - You should only be converting one PKR value to £, not converting each month. Whatever amount of PKR you have held for at least 6 months prior to applying should be converted to £ using the exchange rate on the date of applying and this amount in £ should be used towards meeting the financial requirement. That is my understanding anyway, others with more experience in the cash savings route might correct this. Hopefully it helps in figuring out which amounts to put.
My Situation is like this after converting second pak rupees account into pounds
month of may 13000+49500=62500
Month of June 13000+49500=62500
Month of July 13000+50000=63000
Month of August 13000+51000=64000
Month of September 12724+52000=64724
Month of October 12724+52000=64724
If i put lowest amount of first account and lowest account of second account of last six month then I'm less than 62500
They asked amount of both account seperately in the application form
You can see in the month of September when my first account amount is 12724 in the meanwhile amount of my other account is higher
Thanks for helping

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:25 am

Mfamily wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:46 pm
If i put lowest amount of first account and lowest account of second account of last six month then I'm less than 62500
You can see in the month of September when my first account amount is 12724 in the meanwhile amount of my other account is higher
Thanks for helping
I think you would have to put £12,724 for the first account, I can't imagine you would be able to put an amount higher than is currently in the account.

For the second account, I don't understand why the amount is increasing or why you are converting pak rupees into pounds each month, I don't think you should be doing that as the only conversion to pounds that matters is the one on the date of application. If the conversion of the value of the pak rupees account to pounds on the date of application meets the requirement when added to the first account, and that exact amount of pak rupees has been held for at least 6 months prior to applying, then the requirement would be met. You shouldn't be taking the lowest amount of the second account in pounds in the past 6 months and adding it to the first account, you should be taking the lowest amount of pak rupees in the past 6 months and converting it to pounds before adding it to the first account to see if the requirement is met. That is my understanding anyway. If the conversion into pounds of the lowest amount of pak rupees held for at least 6 months is £49,500 then you wouldn't meet the financial requirement with cash savings alone at this time.

Mfamily
Pakistan

Post by Mfamily » Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:57 pm

geoeng wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:25 am
Mfamily wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:46 pm
Thanks for helping
I think you would have to put £12,724 for the first account, I can't imagine you would be able to put an amount higher than is currently in the account.

For the second account, I don't understand why the amount is increasing or why you are converting pak rupees into pounds each month, I don't think you should be doing that as the only conversion to pounds that matters is the one on the date of application. If the conversion of the value of the pak rupees account to pounds on the date of application meets the requirement when added to the first account, and that exact amount of pak rupees has been held for at least 6 months prior to applying, then the requirement would be met. You shouldn't be taking the lowest amount of the second account in pounds in the past 6 months and adding it to the first account, you should be taking the lowest amount of pak rupees in the past 6 months and converting it to pounds before adding it to the first account to see if the requirement is met. That is my understanding anyway. If the conversion into pounds of the lowest amount of pak rupees held for at least 6 months is £49,500 then you wouldn't meet the financial requirement with cash savings alone at this time.
Second accounts amount is increasing because my property rent and other profits comes in every month

I'm not converting Pak rupees to sterling each month.i just converted now and calculating and writing here for telling you

We used from our UK s (first ) account some amount bcz we were thinking we are above from required amount as when we used from our first account in the meanwhile our second was high

We thought they will see amount combined

From your suggestion i can say they will see both account seperately as they asked amount both account seperately on the application form.

And they will not see the lowest monthly combined total of those two accounts.
Thanks

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:26 pm

Mfamily wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:57 pm
Second accounts amount is increasing because my property rent and other profits comes in every month
"the level of cash savings relied upon in the application has been held in an account(s) in the name of the person or of the person and their partner jointly throughout the period of 6 months prior to the date of application."
Mfamily wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:57 pm
And they will not see the lowest monthly combined total of those two accounts.
They will use only the amount held for at least 6 months. Convert it to pounds. Add it to the amount in your other account.

Mfamily
Pakistan

Post by Mfamily » Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:22 am

Yes these are my lowest amounts in two accounts from last six months.
month of may 13000+49500=62500
Month of June 13000+49500=62500
Month of July 13000+50000=63000
Month of August 13000+51000=64000
Month of September 12724+52000=64724
Month of October 12724+52000=64724
If i see two combined accounts lowest amount then I'm higher than 62500 and if i see two accounts lowest amount seperately than I'm low than 62500 according to today's oanda rate.

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:47 am

Mfamily wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:22 am
If i see two combined accounts lowest amount then I'm higher than 62500 and if i see two accounts lowest amount seperately than I'm low than 62500 according to today's oanda rate.
RIght. It seems the application is asking for the account amounts separately. You will be providing bank statements showing the account amounts separately. Read into that what you will. I do not know how UKVI will interpret this, I can only state what is in the rules and guidance and how I would interpret that, which I have done.

Mfamily
Pakistan

Post by Mfamily » Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:08 pm

Hello how're you all
I didn't apply due to some reason now I'm going to apply but want to ask a question

My tb certificate expiring on 28th February. Tb certificate needs to be valid on the date of submission of application or needs to be valid on the date when you scan documents thanks

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:21 am

Mfamily wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:08 pm
Hello how're you all
I didn't apply due to some reason now I'm going to apply but want to ask a question

My tb certificate expiring on 28th February. Tb certificate needs to be valid on the date of submission of application or needs to be valid on the date when you scan documents thanks
Tb certificate needs to be valid on the date of submission of application

Mfamily
Pakistan

Post by Mfamily » Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:22 pm

Thanks Amazonian
Do you have any link where this States that it needs to be valid on the date of submission of application?
I mean where did you read that rule i want to confirm it..
If anyone else know about this rule please confirm thanks

farhantahir786
Pakistan

Post by farhantahir786 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:38 pm

Mfamily wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:22 pm
Thanks Amazonian
Do you have any link where this States that it needs to be valid on the date of submission of application?
I mean where did you read that rule i want to confirm it..
If anyone else know about this rule please confirm thanks
The expiry date on the TB test is enough evidence. If it's expired, it's no longer valid. See the Government guidance: it states the test is valid for 6 months. https://www.gov.uk/tb-test-visa