ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR for wife and followed by child Naturalisation

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

nealraj_aravind
Newly Registered

ILR for wife and followed by child Naturalisation

Post by nealraj_aravind » Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:38 pm

Hello Members,

I'm with ILR for last 5 year. My wife is currently in ILR Dependent visa and eligible for ILR as of 9-Dec-19. So my question is whether I can apply for my wife ILR application (Set (M)) first and followed by Naturalisation directly for my son (my Son has born in India) or need to apply for ILR along with my wife please?

Regards
Raj

zimba
Mood:

Re: ILR for wife and followed by child Naturalisation

Post by zimba » Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:17 pm

Your son has no entitlement to British citizenship as he was born in India. Your wife and son must get ILR first. Child can be registered as British (by discretion of HO) only when at least one parent is British, the other is at least settled and the child holds ILR.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

ach20
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Post by ach20 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:51 am

Can you please clarify.
There's no need to apply for Child's ILR along with Wife's ILR, because you can save money by applying for Naturalisation(MN1) once Wife's ILR approved? E.g. Child's Dependant Visa -> Child's Naturalisation. (Obviously if Dependant visa is still valid)

In the MN1 form, there's a field for Child's ILR number.

Thank you,
Alex

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:01 am

ach20 wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:51 am
Can you please clarify.
There's no need to apply for Child's ILR along with Wife's ILR, because you can save money by applying for Naturalisation(MN1) once Wife's ILR approved? E.g. Child's Dependant Visa -> Child's Naturalisation. (Obviously if Dependant visa is still valid)

In the MN1 form, there's a field for Child's ILR number.

Thank you,
Alex
1. If you have questions, you should start your own topic rather than tagging onto another members thread.

2. Skipping ILR only applies to UK born children and NOT to children born abroad. UK born children do NOT need a valid visa to register as British.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.