ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

primary carer of british kids

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

symtyms
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ghana

primary carer of british kids

Post by symtyms » Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:50 am

I am a mother to 2 British kids but they were born in Ghana. They have British passport but they live with me in Ghana. The kids gained their passport through their Dad. Their dad is a British but after their dad applied the passport for them the kids and I have not heard from the dad again is almost 2 years now. we don't know where the dad is and everything is on me now.
please I need an advice. can I apply as a primary carer of British kids leaving outside uk. thanks

physicskate
Diamond Member

Re: primary carer of british kids

Post by physicskate » Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:15 pm

It's a Catch 22 - the kids have to be in the UK. But you couldn't be with them on a visitor visa (as you cannot switch from a visitor visa to any other visa). But if they are being cared for by others while you apply, you can't be the primary caregiver... so it's a difficult/ impossible (?) situation to resolve...

I've only seen one entry clearance granted for a similar situation (accessing parental rights granted outside the UK).

symtyms
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ghana

Re: primary carer of british kids

Post by symtyms » Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:27 pm

I am the mother and i am the one looking after them. They are twins 2 girls.