ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Children naturalization application

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

iceice304
Ireland

Re: Children naturalization application

Post by iceice304 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:28 am

2 days ago they sent an acknowledgment letter with application reference number and today they returned the original passport.
Generally how much time they are taking for children Naturalisation? I applied for my child in the 1st week of August. Anyone here who recently has applied for their child?

cooljester
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by cooljester » Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:02 pm

iceice304 wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:28 am
2 days ago they sent an acknowledgment letter with application reference number and today they returned the original passport.
Generally how much time they are taking for children Naturalisation? I applied for my child in the 1st week of August. Anyone here who recently has applied for their child?
Hi,

I applied in end of June, and got the passport with the application at the beginning of August.

Havent heard anything so far ..

iceice304
Ireland

Post by iceice304 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:17 pm

Hi Cooljester
Thanks for your reply. Hopefully we will hear from them soon. Share here if you get any response.

iceice304
Ireland

Post by iceice304 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:16 pm

Hi Cooljester, Any news about your child’s application?

cooljester
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by cooljester » Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:41 am

iceice304 wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:16 pm
Hi Cooljester, Any news about your child’s application?
Hi iceice304,

nothing so far.... how about yourself?

iceice304
Ireland

Post by iceice304 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:55 pm

Hi Cooljester
Have not heard anything from them. I will let you know as I get anything.
Stay connected and share whenever you get any new update.

altalb
Albania

Post by altalb » Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:45 pm

I applied early August 2019 for my daughter but I don't expect them to be in contact until they approve it or not so in 6-8 months time at least. Fingers crossed is not going to take longer for kids.

Ali112
Ireland

Post by Ali112 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:58 pm

Hello All ,
Long story short my son was born in 2013 and I was on stamp 4 for about 2 years 8 months and my wife was EU citizen and lived 3 yrs but we didn’t have prove of her 1 year.
On 2016 my wife became Irish through Naturalisation.
On 2017 I became citizen.
Recently we had breakup and I got my son custody and when I’ve applied his Irish passport I was asked to prove if I had lived 3 yrs on stamp 4 at the time of his birth or prove of my ex + need his passport.
She isn’t willing to help as she moved away with another partner and neither I have any GNIB as I am Irish citizen or previous passport!
So I was asked to apply minor application for citizenship on my behalf as naturalized citizen:

The form are confusing and department have no answer to my questions:

Form 9 is for minor whose one parents has been naturalized

Form 11 is for children born in Ireland but at the time they were no eligible !

No one knows which one to select the department just said I can do either as both condition apply on my case
So I filled form 9 and sent with -all documentation and my sons original passport (EU)
But I am travelling in 10 days and I have written a letter with application to return the passport ASAP so anyone knows any idea how long it takes ?

I know it use to be quick even spoke to a Friends his daughter got it like in 2 months (3.5 yes ago) ,

So I hope it will be quick for all those who are waiting!

aneelrahim
Pakistan

Post by aneelrahim » Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:08 pm

Go for form9 if you are irish and its easy and less documents.
Form11 you have to submit 5 years documents.just read the documents requirement of both forms

iceice304
Ireland

Post by iceice304 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:32 pm

The return of passport is generally quick and in most cases it’s within 2 weeks. But one can’t be 100% certain as there is no fixed rule for returning of passport from department. I got my child’s passport in 2 weeks. Hopefully you will get it before your travel date and you did the right thing by writing them a letter.
Totally agreed as for as Form 9 is concerned, it’s easy and less docs. Stay connected and good lick

iceice304
Ireland

Post by iceice304 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:33 pm

* good luck (apologies for the mistake)

Ali112
Ireland

Post by Ali112 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:02 pm

Thanks lads for the suggestion:
Yes already filled form 9 and it was easy enough and sent it to them this evening they will have the form by tomorrow hopefully will get his passport by next week as I am travelling next weekend.

So usually what is the current turn around for children’s naturalizations

alexkiran
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by alexkiran » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:44 pm

It seems they do not process any applications until waiting for the court appeal results. So, its unpredictable now. A year ago minors application were processed in about 6 months.

Ali112
Ireland

Post by Ali112 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:22 pm

I can imagine ! Technically they should simply give minor passport whose parents become citizen specially those who were born in the country!!
It’s simply making life more difficult ! Honestly if they just ask us to pay 300 upfront and get passport I would do that!!
When I told to some of my colleagues at work they couldn’t belive it !! And some were laughing as we are in Europe but law doesn’t reflect to modern state even some thirds world country may have better law !

Ali112
Ireland

Post by Ali112 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:13 am

Is there anyone who’ve applied on form 9 for their kids ??

Ali112
Ireland

Post by Ali112 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:22 pm

I have tried to call them yesterday to confirm if they have received the application but honestly it’s nearly impossible!

I have emailed them no response!
My only concern is the passport may be returned after months as I have travel plan !

Still waiting anyone who’ve applied form 9 ??

Ali112
Ireland

Post by Ali112 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:06 pm

Hi All ,
Just to update you all , I have received a registered post on Monday as I missed the letter so today I collected the post and found a letter and my sons passport with person ID but no Ref:
It’s written that
“ I am directed by minister... regarding the application of your son , as requested passport has been returned please Do not resend the passport unless requested “

Here is timeline :

Application posted on : 08 October 2019
Received: 09 October 2019
Passport returned received: 14 October 2019

Letter didn’t say first stage or anything else is it normal or if I am right to say for children there isn’t any stages like adult !!

Any thoughts !

alexkiran
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by alexkiran » Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:13 am

Ali112 wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:06 pm

Letter didn’t say first stage or anything else is it normal or if I am right to say for children there isn’t any stages like adult !!

Any thoughts !
My son's letter from INIS contained the words "second stage".

aneelrahim
Pakistan

Post by aneelrahim » Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:04 am

Ali112 wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:06 pm
Hi All ,
Just to update you all , I have received a registered post on Monday as I missed the letter so today I collected the post and found a letter and my sons passport with person ID but no Ref:
It’s written that
“ I am directed by minister... regarding the application of your son , as requested passport has been returned please Do not resend the passport unless requested “

Here is timeline :

Application posted on : 08 October 2019
Received: 09 October 2019
Passport returned received: 14 October 2019

Any thoughts !
I call on 15-Oct and they told me they have backlog for minor application. So you have to wait few weeks to get the reference number.

Ali112
Ireland

Post by Ali112 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:50 am

Sometime it’s hard to get my head around how they work !
Minor should be excluded with all this as many law doesn’t applies to minors !
Honestly, after touring to many countries , I found Ireland been in Europe and considered very developed but law doesn’t reflect at all !
Any way I hope they don’t delay anyone anymore !
And I can bet you all this is all due to Brexit they wanted to know what is the outcome of it and you all will see as soon as some outcome is there the minister will bring in the legislation or court will change the decision straight away !
I

alabinas
Mood:
Romania

Post by alabinas » Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:30 pm

Does anyone applied for one of the kids for citizenship throw Irish Associations?

Her sister is 2 and is Irish.
He is 8 was born in another country in EU, but he is in Ireland for more then 5 years !

Can I apply for him using form "FORM 10 - IRISH NATIONALITY AND CITIZENSHIP ACT 1956 CTZ5
Application for a Certificate of Naturalisation by a Parent or Guardian
acting on behalf of a minor of Irish decent or Irish Associations"

or other form?

Thanks a lot!

Kadieerram
Ireland

Post by Kadieerram » Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:49 am

Hi alabinas,
I had applied for my Non EU son depending on Irish association as his brother is Irish but the application was rejected. INIS mentioned that they did not sight the Irish Association connection.

dubnew
Ireland

Post by dubnew » Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:42 pm

Kadieerram wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:49 am
Hi alabinas,
I had applied for my Non EU son depending on Irish association as his brother is Irish but the application was rejected. INIS mentioned that they did not sight the Irish Association connection.
Hi,

How long it took to get decision. How old ur non EU son and Irish citizen child?

Kadieerram
Ireland

Post by Kadieerram » Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:11 pm

Hi dubnew,
It took more than 8 months to get the decision. My Non EU child was 11 years he lived in Ireland continuously for more than 7 Years and My Irish citizen child was 15 years old.
I asked a lawyer and she told me the best way is I get the citizenship and then I apply for My Non EU child as a child of an Irish Citizen.

dubnew
Ireland

Post by dubnew » Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:33 pm

Kadieerram wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:11 pm
Hi dubnew,
It took more than 8 months to get the decision. My Non EU child was 11 years he lived in Ireland continuously for more than 7 Years and My Irish citizen child was 15 years old.
I asked a lawyer and she told me the best way is I get the citizenship and then I apply for My Non EU child as a child of an Irish Citizen.
Thanks for the message. Did they mention any reason for refusal ?

Recently Court of appeal said "The Minister was obliged to “clarify with precision” the reason for his refusal"

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-a ... -1.4049815