ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR(m): NEED SERIOUS HELP!!

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sploodge
Newly Registered

ILR(m): NEED SERIOUS HELP!!

Post by sploodge » Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:17 pm

Hi,

Sorry for the dramatic subject but I think it just might be more serious than I can make it.

My wife is about to apply for ILR(m) and this very day I have been made redundant from a job I have been in for 18+ years. Redundancy because the company fell into administration.

We would have been relying on my salary for this visa and savings are not enough to meet the threshold needed. My last payslip is the end of October one and I will receive pay for the few days I have worked this November but that payslip will be much reduced.

Getting a job would be the best option here but as everyone knows, not as easy at it sounds at such short notice that we need to apply for the visa ( she will have lived here 5 years the end of November ).

I am just after any help/advice on where we stand with this visa and what "exceptional circumstances" might we try and use to get out of this mess.

ANY HELP WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED.

geoeng
Canada

Re: ILR(m): NEED SERIOUS HELP!!

Post by geoeng » Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:14 pm

If your wife is within 28 days of reaching 60 months residence and you are within 28 days of receiving the last full pay slip from a job meeting the financial requirement, might be worth considering applying now (not right this evening but very soon).
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:20 pm

geoeng wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:14 pm
If your wife is within 28 days of reaching 60 months residence and you are within 28 days of receiving the last full pay slip from a job meeting the financial requirement, might be worth considering applying now (not right this evening but very soon).
Ignore that, sorry, I didn't put enough thought into it before writing it. Your salary at the date of application also has to meet the requirements.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:49 pm

If your wife is working then she can use her income alone or combine with yours to meet the financial requirement.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.