ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

my Spouse Visa extension

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

akh50
Newly Registered
Australia

my Spouse Visa extension

Post by akh50 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:51 pm

Hello,
I have few questions regarding my wife visa.
I am on a 5 years Tier 2 (General) visa from 20/02/2015 to 20/03/2020.
My wife came as PBS Dependent from Iran with visa validity from 12/11/2017 to 20/03/2020.

In January 2020 (28 days before expiry of my visa), I am going to apply for ILR through the priority service.

I have following questions:

After I get my ILR, do I need also to apply for my wife for extension (before expiry of her visa)? If so what category would her visa extension be? Would it be a PBS Dependent or ILR Dependent?

What I should do to make sure her current stay as spouse in UK is not vanished and she can apply for ILR after completion of her 5 years stay?
Thanks
Ali

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: my Spouse Visa extension

Post by CR001 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:04 pm

She applies for a 3 year PBS dependent extension before her current visa expires if you hold ilr and she meets the requirement and maintenance funds.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.