ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Wif's Visa Application (3 Visits Restriction)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

S_Syed
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Wif's Visa Application (3 Visits Restriction)

Post by S_Syed » Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:26 pm

Hello All,

My husband got British passport 2 years ago, while I am still in Pakistan, now he wants to apply for my visa but his lawyer told him that he must have to visit Pakistan 3 times at least before applying for my visa otherwise my visa application will be potentially rejected. Is there any such restrictions or similar restriction applicable? Since I have no information regarding this, so I would request knowledgeable members of this forum to please provide any helpful information regarding this, as I am quite worried about my visa and want to join my husband in the UK as soon as possible.

Regards,
S.Syed

physicskate
Diamond Member

Re: Wif's Visa Application (3 Visits Restriction)

Post by physicskate » Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:52 pm

S_Syed wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:26 pm
Hello All,

My husband got British passport 2 years ago, while I am still in Pakistan, now he wants to apply for my visa but his lawyer told him that he must have to visit Pakistan 3 times at least before applying for my visa otherwise my visa application will be potentially rejected. Is there any such restrictions or similar restriction applicable? Since I have no information regarding this, so I would request knowledgeable members of this forum to please provide any helpful information regarding this, as I am quite worried about my visa and want to join my husband in the UK as soon as possible.

Regards,
S.Syed
Get a new lawyer (or do the application without one)!!

There is no such restriction. You have to show you're in an enduring relationship (ie, evidence of communication). Visits can obviously form part of this, but more importantly, you need to show that you communicate (can be messaging, calling, texting, etc...) for the duration of your relationship.

Jaune08
Mexico

Post by Jaune08 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:54 pm

S_Syed wrote:
now he wants to apply for my visa but his lawyer told him that he must have to visit Pakistan 3 times at least before applying for my visa otherwise my visa application will be potentially rejected.
The lawyer has made up that rule, and there's NO such a "3 visit restriction" according to Home Office's rules. Simple as that. I wouldn't trust this solicitor AT ALL.

To apply for a visa, you must prove you've been in a substantial relationship. For this reason, you must submit your marriage certificate, photos, phone records (whatsapp, Facebook, etc), plane tickets, hotel bookings, holidays together, etc. Everything that helps you to demonstrate daily communication despite the distance, and support the fact you've spent time together when visiting each other.

Route to ILR
Member of Standing

Post by Route to ILR » Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:46 am

S_Syed wrote:
Hello All,

Regards,
S.Syed
Hello,

There is no such rule to visit 3 times before applying spouse visa. But he is right in some extent that u should have in contact with each other. How many times he visited u in those 2 years???????

If none, than u need very solid evidences of communication between each other. Otherwise its a big no.

uk7592

Post by uk7592 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:58 am

People can apply a divorce on a basis of two years separation in the uk
If your husband did not come to you for last two years,then your relationship is in doubt in the eye of ukvi.you also need a solid reason for this two year separation.
If you have a child together then i think whatsup or other call records and money transfer from your husband to you can cover your relationship.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:59 am

In my view despite there is no requirement over certain number of visits a sponsor should make to meet the applicant but still in case of longer gap a partner is definitely expected to see his partner in person. Because as part of normal practice almost everyone living on valid visa/leave takes off days from their work/business in the form of annual leave at least once a year for dealing their personal matters including visiting ones family members etc. Therefore, in case of longer absence the state of relationship looks very weaker despite having other sources to confirm its validity such as whatsapp/phone calls etc. Solicitor isn’t wrong perhaps his advice might be getting misinterpreted/mispronounced.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.