ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Exact 5 year for citizenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

claire 52
Newly Registered

Exact 5 year for citizenship

Post by claire 52 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:32 am

Hi I have searched but need clarification please . My husband got his ILR 12th October 24 days before his 5 years in UK we then submitted his Citizenship application , doubled checked dates being in country exact day submitted etc etc , 3 years eligibility as spouse . So just waiting now , until someone told me they have to had 5 years here and instead of applying within the 28 days period we should have waited for the exact 5 year . My heed is pickled can anyone clarify for me please ?
Thanks

secret.simon

Re: Exact 5 year for citizenship

Post by secret.simon » Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:37 am

Are you a British citizen?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

claire 52
Newly Registered

Post by claire 52 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:02 am

I am yes :-)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:17 am

Then his application is based on 3 years residence. 'Someone' is giving you incorrect information re 5 years.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

claire 52
Newly Registered

Post by claire 52 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:22 pm

Thank you , I never normally take notice of “ someone” I follow the Gov guidance but this person is very well versed , hence my post. Thank you for your reply , I can once again put it to the back of my head and not so patiently wait for the letter