ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching from TIER4 dependent to Spouse Visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Michelle0507

FLR M NHS subcharge

Post by Michelle0507 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:44 am

Dear moderators and gurus.

I would like to thank you for taking time to answer all questions and helping people out.

I have a question about FLR (M) NHS subcharge. My partner is on Tier 4 dependent visa, which valid November 2020. Soon I am going to apply for ILR and my partner needs to apply for FLR (M) visa (He is the UK).
According to the following web-site:
https://www.immigration-health-surcharg ... er/Summary

His NHS subcharge is 0. But when go through different websites, it seems £400 per year.

If it is £400 per year, how much money do I need to pay for NHS? On different topic in this forum, someone said we can pay for 1,2,3 years depending on our wish. Which confused me a lot.

Kind regards,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: FLR M NHS subcharge

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:46 am

You need to pay £1000 IHS for a 2.5 year FLR M visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Michelle0507

FLR M visa with a kid

Post by Michelle0507 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 12:34 am

Dear sir/madam

Thanks to your valuable forum, I received my ILR recently based on long residence (10 years). My husband and son is are Tier 4 student dependent visa. My husband is here since July 2010. In other words, he can apply for ILR based on long residence next year.

I would like to apply for my husband and son as a spouse and child of a settled person. We are not from EU.

1. In order to apply for their visas, do I need to use the following website?
https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/partner-spouse

2. Can my husband apply for Set M now?

3. Or, once my husband and son receive their family visa, can my husband switch to SET M straight away? Which is the quickest way to get ILR for my husband.

In terms of financial requirements, we can meet £22400.

4. https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/partner-spouse
by using this link, it does not say whether it is FLR (M) or FLR (FP). I do not want to apply for FLR (FB) as my husband's clock might become 0. It might start again. I am trying to apply for son and husband together.

5. Is there any timeline to apply as a spouse in terms of his current tier 4 dependent visa, as it is expiring in May 2020. I would like to apply for my family now as opposed to wait till May/April 2020.

Michelle0507

Re: FLR M visa with a kid

Post by Michelle0507 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:36 am

I have been through the forum. I am confused about family visa. People say it resets the clock to zero. I am super worried that my husband's long residence since 2010 will be zero. As he was on Tier 4 general student visa and tier 4 dependent visa. Could anyone help me about switching to family visa and its impact on long residence.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:47 am

Michelle0507 wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 12:34 am
Dear sir/madam

Thanks to your valuable forum, I received my ILR recently based on long residence (10 years). My husband and son is are Tier 4 student dependent visa. My husband is here since July 2010. In other words, he can apply for ILR based on long residence next year.

I would like to apply for my husband and son as a spouse and child of a settled person. We are not from EU.

1. In order to apply for their visas, do I need to use the following website?
https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/partner-spouse

2. Can my husband apply for Set M now?

3. Or, once my husband and son receive their family visa, can my husband switch to SET M straight away? Which is the quickest way to get ILR for my husband.

In terms of financial requirements, we can meet £22400.

4. https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/partner-spouse
by using this link, it does not say whether it is FLR (M) or FLR (FP). I do not want to apply for FLR (FB) as my husband's clock might become 0. It might start again. I am trying to apply for son and husband together.

5. Is there any timeline to apply as a spouse in terms of his current tier 4 dependent visa, as it is expiring in May 2020. I would like to apply for my family now as opposed to wait till May/April 2020.
1. Yes

2. No

3. No. To qualify in SETM for ILR, they both need 5 years on FLR M, 2 X 2.5 year visas.

4. If you meet the English and financial requirements it will be FLR M under appendix FM. Ho know the rules.

5. They can apply at any time before their visa expire. Note they should apply and get their visas before they travel out of the UK if you have travel plans.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:48 am

Michelle0507 wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:36 am
I have been through the forum. I am confused about family visa. People say it resets the clock to zero. I am super worried that my husband's long residence since 2010 will be zero. As he was on Tier 4 general student visa and tier 4 dependent visa. Could anyone help me about switching to family visa and its impact on long residence.
FLR M resets the 5 year ILR clock not the 10 years long residence.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Michelle0507

Natwest bank statement for FLR (M)

Post by Michelle0507 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:02 am

Dear forum members,

I am going to apply for a spouse visa for my husband. For some reason, when I provide my job and salary, it asks me a year of bank statement and payslip. We are applying inside in the UK. When I go to Natwest bank, they cannot print out my bank statements because it is more than 6 months. Therefore, they ordered one and it arrived by post. It has a Natwest logo, address and my bank and my details. Unfortunately, it does not have any stamps on it. I am just wondering whether I can use it or not. Do anyone have any success by using this type of bank statement?

I would like to thank you very much for your help.

uk7592

Re: Natwest bank statement for FLR (M)

Post by uk7592 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:54 am

Michelle0507 wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:02 am
Dear forum members,

I am going to apply for a spouse visa for my husband. For some reason, when I provide my job and salary, it asks me a year of bank statement and payslip. We are applying inside in the UK. When I go to Natwest bank, they cannot print out my bank statements because it is more than 6 months. Therefore, they ordered one and it arrived by post. It has a Natwest logo, address and my bank and my details. Unfortunately, it does not have any stamps on it. I am just wondering whether I can use it or not. Do anyone have any success by using this type of bank statement?

I would like to thank you very much for your help.

These statements are fine for ukvi as long as you send them a letter as well which comes with this statements.
Stamps are required on the printouts or photocopies.

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:11 am

Michelle0507 wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:02 am
I am just wondering whether I can use it or not. Do anyone have any success by using this type of bank statement?
"(a) Bank statements must be:
(1) on official bank stationery; or
(2) electronic bank statements which are either accompanied by a letter from the bank on its headed stationery confirming that the documents are authentic or which bear the official stamp of the issuing bank on every page"

If they are on official bank stationery, neither a letter nor stamps are required. For what it's worth, I used online bank statements because they were exactly the same as the ones sent by post; no stamps or letter to go with them. I understand not all banks provide online statements in this manner, but it helps show what is acceptable. I imagine yours should be fine.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

Michelle0507

Post by Michelle0507 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:15 am

Thank you very much for your reply.

There is no letter with this statement. Just pure statement alone.

Kind regards,

Shell

Kamana
Hong Kong

Post by Kamana » Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:35 am

Take them to the local branch or where you orderd the statements and they will stamp it for you, better not to leave any room for doubts... I did same couple of months ago

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:14 pm

Michelle0507 wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:15 am
Thank you very much for your reply.

There is no letter with this statement. Just pure statement alone.

Kind regards,

Shell
Duplicate/copy statement sent by post don't need any stamp because they are original. These should be fine.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Michelle0507

Post by Michelle0507 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:23 am

Thank you. I went to the nearest branch. They were happy to stamp it.

Kind regards,

Shell

Michelle0507

Switching from TIER4 dependent to Spouse Visa

Post by Michelle0507 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:27 am

Dear members,

I am in the process of applying for a family visa for my family. My husband and son are on TIER 4 dependent in the UK. Recently, I received my ILR based on 10 year long residence. Can they switch from TIER 4 to FLR inside the UK? I would like to thank you very much for your attention in this matter.

Kind regards,

Shell

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Switching from TIER4 dependent to Spouse Visa

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:33 am

Char (CR001 not Casa)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:40 am

I am in the process of applying for a family visa for my family. My husband and son are on TIER 4 dependent in the UK. Recently, I received my ILR based on 10 year long residence. Can they switch from TIER 4 to FLR inside the UK? I would like to thank you very much for your attention in this matter.
Yes they can apply within the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Michelle0507

Post by Michelle0507 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:23 pm

Thank you CR001. I am grateful to you.