ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Criminal Case Filled in India

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

YSD
Newly Registered
India

Criminal Case Filled in India

Post by YSD » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:18 am

Hi,

My ex-wife has lodged a complaint against me in India which police have registered an FIR lodged under section 498a and 495. This case has been logged to trouble me and make my life miserable. I have now filed a petition in the High Court of India to quash the wrong case filed against me. I have a valid ILR and now eligible to apply for British citizenship.

Can someone please suggest to me if I can apply for British citizenship by mentioning the FIR details and HC quashing details? Will I be granted British Citizenship?

Plotoder
India

Re: Criminal Case Filled in India

Post by Plotoder » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:30 am

Please see my replies at http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... 91845.html

I would recommend that you do not apply for naturalisation till the cases are quashed. If you decide to do so, please declare them in your application clarifying that although such cases are civil matter in UK, they are treated as criminal in India.

In all likelihood, the declaration will likely lead to delays so I recommend you wait till they are quashed.

YSD
Newly Registered
India

Post by YSD » Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:43 am

Thank you very much for your response and the link for the previous post, it is helpful. As of now, HC has granted a stay for the case, can I apply based on the stay being granted or will this help in getting the decision.

Also, if the case is quashed then should I still need to mention it during my naturalisation application?

Plotoder
India

Post by Plotoder » Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:34 pm

The stay has only suspended the proceedings but the Form AN guidance is clear that you need to declare any case where you _may_ have to goto court. Technically, you are already in court so it has to be declared.

If it is quashed, no need to declare it as it will absolve you of all criminal liability without any conviction.

PatelRaj
Newly Registered
India

Post by PatelRaj » Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:43 pm

YSD wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:43 am
Thank you very much for your response and the link for the previous post, it is helpful. As of now, HC has granted a stay for the case, can I apply based on the stay being granted or will this help in getting the decision.

Also, if the case is quashed then should I still need to mention it during my naturalisation application?

Hello mate,

Above post belongs to me(british-citizenship/uk-naturalisation-w ... 91845.html). I am also in similar situation.
Contact me if you want to discuss further about the similar issues we have.
You can find me on social media link removed by moderator
Ping me there.

Regards,
Raj.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:23 am

PatelRaj wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:43 pm
YSD wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:43 am

Hello mate,

Above post belongs to me(british-citizenship/uk-naturalisation-w ... 91845.html). I am also in similar situation.
Contact me if you want to discuss further about the similar issues we have.
You can find me on social media link removed by moderator
Ping me there.

Regards,
Raj.
I strongly suggest you read the forum rules on what is NOT permitted on the forum. Everyone on the forum is a complete stranger and we have many scammers and spammers posting and trawling the forum.

Post any advice in public so that all may benefit and any incorrect or questionable advice can be corrected.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

peeky
Newly Registered

Post by peeky » Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:21 pm

Hi, YSD,
Did you applied for the citizenship. Can you share any other insights or conclusion related to this, if you have.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:42 pm

peeky wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:21 pm
Hi, YSD,
Did you applied for the citizenship. Can you share any other insights or conclusion related to this, if you have.
The user hasn't logged into the forum since their last post and only posted 3 posts.

I suggest if you have question, please start your own topic with your circumstances and questions.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.