ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Long Residency

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Kfz84
Newly Registered

Long Residency

Post by Kfz84 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:58 pm

Hope everyone is doing great!

I have a question if you help me.

I am little away from my ILR.

In year 2015 when I was student.

I put an application for visa extension (TIER 4) in time. My leave was supposed to be expired on 30th November 2015.

My application was declared invalid and Home Office informed me of this decision via University visa office on 4th of January 2016.

I failed to pay NHS charges. Due to Christmas and winter break I did not open email for NHS charges, and also university did not informed me for anything.

UKVI returned me the visa fees and on 4th of January 2016 I received response from the University that I have to visit the Detention centre.

I escalated the issue with University that I was unable to access the emails due to holiday, however, the UKVI took the decision on 22nd of December 2015 and we received the outcome on 4th of January 2016 at the University visa office.

Moreover, University was not even informed of any NHS charges to be paid reminder. University always in such instances caution the student to do what is required. They use to send email on both University email and personal email in case you miss either. Hence, the university was close around the winter break most likely that is why I was not informed.

There were 2 issues University was off for winter break and official university portal was little down- may be because of maintenance. Hence, I was unable to login and check the emails (I tried login around holiday but could not login) and pay the NHS charges.

UKVI considered the circumstances and my application was reinstated and I was issued new Biometrics on 12th of January 2016 and I got the visa.

All I remember was that University visa advisor informed me Senior Executive Caseworker has agreed to reconsider your application and everything is sorted.

UKVI did not charge me any fees.

My question is whether this broke the chain of 3C long residency or I am all good.

Kindly help!

aman90
Diamond Member

Re: Long Residency

Post by aman90 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:26 pm

No. Sounds fine.
You made only one application and on reconsideration it was granted.

Kfz84
Newly Registered

Re: Long Residency

Post by Kfz84 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:15 am

Thanks Aman90!
Bit of relief.. I am only concerned the days from 30th November 2015 untill January 12th 2016 my leave was granted for next 6 months. Between 30th November 2015 untill January 2016 my application was invalid and granted afterwards. Hope nothing is derailed and I shall be fine for Indefinite Leave!!?!?