ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Kindly answer: T2 (ICT) to T2 (G), cooling off and application date

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

aranjand
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nepal

Kindly answer: T2 (ICT) to T2 (G), cooling off and application date

Post by aranjand » Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:25 am

I was on a tier 2 ICT visa earlier. I left the employer and the UK on 8th Sept 2019 though my visa was valid till Sept 30, 2019.
I have now secured a new job in the UK with a start date of 14 Sept 2020. Am I allowed to apply for Tier 2 General Visa before 12 months cooling -off ends, however i will enter UK after serving 12 months off, as the new employer joining date is after the cooling of date.
Precise scenario: I left my employer and left the UK on 8th Sept 2019, now a NEW employer has offered me a position with joining date on 14th Sept 2020. Can I apply before my colling off ends and join the employer on 14th sept 2020? Or I have to wait till 9th Sept 2020 (the cooling-off end date) to apply for the visa itself.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Kindly answer: T2 (ICT) to T2 (G), cooling off and application date

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:27 am

You have to wait till 12 months is up and you have to submit evidence that you left the UK, ie tickets and boarding pass etc.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.