ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

First UK Visitor Visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

smithy101

First UK Visitor Visa

Post by smithy101 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:37 pm

I am about to apply for a UK visitors visa for my friend (coming from Jamaica) and just have a few questions:-

He is a (very successful) business owner and will fund the trip (he has business accounts and bank statements etc), he is also a homeowner and has two young kids who attend school full time. He has also been granted a visa and made many trips to the USA (both business and personal). Will this be enough to show that he intends on returning back to the island?

Am I right in assuming the only role I play in this providing the invitation letter saying that he will be staying with me for the duration of his holiday (and submit a copy of my passport along with housing documents)? and all other supporting documentation will be submitted by him?

thanks in advance.

iwolga

Re: First UK Visitor Visa

Post by iwolga » Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:58 pm

smithy101 wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:37 pm
I am about to apply for a UK visitors visa for my friend (coming from Jamaica) and just have a few questions:-

He is a (very successful) business owner and will fund the trip (he has business accounts and bank statements etc), he is also a homeowner and has two young kids who attend school full time. He has also been granted a visa and made many trips to the USA (both business and personal). Will this be enough to show that he intends on returning back to the island?

Am I right in assuming the only role I play in this providing the invitation letter saying that he will be staying with me for the duration of his holiday (and submit a copy of my passport along with housing documents)? and all other supporting documentation will be submitted by him?

thanks in advance.
His immigration history and ties to home country sound solid. Now the key is to demonstrate it with supporting documents.

If you are not sponsoring him, I believe a letter saying that you invite him for a short visit, that you provide accommodation (if this is the case) and a couple of sentences of how you know each other, followed by a copy of your passport and housing docs shall be enough from your side.