ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Eea extended family member

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Anka3101
Newly Registered
Columbia

Eea extended family member

Post by Anka3101 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:35 pm

Good afternoon everybody.

Thanks in advance for reading me.

I am colombian and my husband is romanian. We currently live in UK and he's been here for almost 2 years and i already completed six months and got my biometrical residence card, we would like to check the chances to bring my brother under a family permit however i do not know how to prove my brother was " part of my husband's household " . We all lived together in colombia during the time my huaband stayed there ( approx. 1.5 years ) however colombian ids do not show any address. Has someone done this ?

kamoe

Re: Eea extended family member

Post by kamoe » Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:12 pm

Anka3101 wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:35 pm
We currently live in UK and he's been here for almost 2 years and i already completed six months and got my biometrical residence card, we would like to check the chances to bring my brother under a family permit however i do not know how to prove my brother was " part of my husband's household " .
Since your husband has been in the UK for 2 years and your brother clearly hasn't, then he is not part of this household.
Unless your brother has been financially dependent on your brother for those two years since your husband moved to the UK, your brother is not eligible for a EEA extended family member as your husband's dependent relative.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:57 pm

One the major changes is what happened on Feb 1st, 2017. This is meaningful to your case. It's published here:

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... s-v7.0.pdf

Page 8:

This is one more reason that your brother doesn't qualify under this route. The EEA national can still sponsor his own depend brother but not your brother.

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:46 pm

Anka3101 wrote:
We all lived together in colombia during the time my huaband stayed there ( approx. 1.5 years ) however colombian ids do not show any address. Has someone done this ?
From my perspective, the biggest problem here is that the OP seems to be thinking that being housemates immediately qualifies people as belonging to a household, and that the only obstacle here is how to prove they shared an address.

Hence why I focus on correcting the extreme misunderstanding on what is a reasonable case to take to the Home Office.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:55 pm

kamoe wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:46 pm
Anka3101 wrote:
We all lived together in colombia during the time my huaband stayed there ( approx. 1.5 years ) however colombian ids do not show any address. Has someone done this ?
From my perspective, the biggest problem here is that the OP seems to be thinking that being housemates immediately qualifies people as belonging to a household, and that the only obstacle here is how to prove they shared an address.

Hence why I focus on correcting the extreme misunderstanding on what is a reasonable case to take to the Home Office.
I totally agree with you. Often the EEA route for extended family is perceived as a golden route where nearly anyone who has an interaction or a shared interest with an EEA national would automatically qualify for residence in the UK.