ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent!! Admin review: duration of leave granted

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

BiochemFem

leave to remain until date wrong in home office acceptance email

Post by BiochemFem » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:20 pm

Hi all

I am very worried as I had applied for an extension of my tier 2 general visa that expires on 10th September 2019. I had submitted a new CoS certificate from my employer for a contract starting 11th September 2019 until 31st December 2020. I had my biometric appointment in Glasgow on 4th July and on 6th August I got an email from home.office.atlas@notifications.service.gov.uk stating that 'You will receive your Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) by courier within 7 working days. It is your BRP, not this letter, that is the official document that grants you leave to remain in the UK (permission to stay) until 14 Jan 2020.'

I don't understand why I would be granted leave only for four months when I had a valid contract and this was the second time that I have applied for an extension, first time was in 2018. (I had entered UK in August 2015 on a 3 year visa). I had no problem in the last extension.

I havent yet received my BRP to confirm this date but I was wondering if this could just be an error in the email where they meant to say January 2021 instead? Has anyone else ever had this issue where the email date doesnt match the BRP date?

I have yet to receive the BRP card when I will know if they really did give me leave only until January 2020. WOndering if they give any reason for the shorter leave granted than applied for? HAs anyone filed an application for Admin review?

Any thoughts or suggestions will be really valuable

Thanks in advance!
super stressed applicant

BiochemFem

Urgent!! Admin review: duration of leave granted

Post by BiochemFem » Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:56 pm

Hi all Help please!!

1. Type of application: Extending
2. If switching, category changing (switching) from NA
3. Date of expiry of current leave: 10-09-2019
4. Number of dependants applying at same time: -
5. Date application posted: online 13-06-2019
6. Date application received at UKBA: ''
7. Date payment debited: ''
8. Payment mode : credit card
9. Acknowledgement letter received: --
10. Biometric letter received: --
11. Date of biometrics enrolment: 04-07-2019
12. Date of approval: 06-08-2019 (e-mail decision)
13. Date of return of passport and other documents: not collected
14. Date (new) leave to remain valid from: 06-08-2019 to 14-01-2020
15. Date BRP received: 20-08-2019

I posted earlier that I got a decision email from HO stating that my tier 2 (general) extension application was successful but the date granted was until Jan 2020 which should actually be until Jan 2021 as I had a CoS from my employer from September 2019-December 2020. I was waiting for the BRP card which I got today and it has the wrong date too!

I think the case worker made an error in the dates and the decision email says I can apply for an admin review if I am not happy with the amount of leave granted within 14 days of getting my BRP.

I am so confused with the application process for admin review on https://www.gov.uk/ask-for-a-visa-admin ... -in-the-uk. it follows:
"Apply for administrative review
If your application was refused, you must apply for an administrative review within 14 days of getting the decision.
Your refusal letter will tell you how to apply. You may be able to apply online. It costs £80.
You must apply within 7 days if you’ve been detained.

If your application was granted but you’re unhappy with the amount or conditions of your leave, you must email the Home Office within 14 days of getting your biometric residence permit.
Home Office admin.review.enquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk
"

Could anyone please let me know if they had to make a similar application for review of date for which the leave was granted?
Could anyone advise if I have to just email home office with my details for the review?

any help will be much appreciated!!
Thanks in advance

SimpleGuy11
Newly Registered

Re: Urgent!! Admin review: duration of leave granted

Post by SimpleGuy11 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:19 pm

Hi. I am in a similar situation. Did you apply for an admin review?

Thanks

ideotea
Mood:

Post by ideotea » Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:07 pm

Just to share my experience though mine was with the old premium service centre.

The case worker made a mistake in which she issued a letter for me saying that my tier 2 visa ended Nov 2019 instead of Nov 2020. The case worker misunderstood that the maximum length for tier 2 was 5 years. I told her the maximum length was 6 years so she turned to talk with another case worker and said I was right and corrected the date for me.

I would suggest you contact the HO for this issue.

SimpleGuy11
Newly Registered

Post by SimpleGuy11 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:06 am

ideotea wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:07 pm
Just to share my experience though mine was with the old premium service centre.

The case worker made a mistake in which she issued a letter for me saying that my tier 2 visa ended Nov 2019 instead of Nov 2020. The case worker misunderstood that the maximum length for tier 2 was 5 years. I told her the maximum length was 6 years so she turned to talk with another case worker and said I was right and corrected the date for me.

I would suggest you contact the HO for this issue.
Thanks ideotea. I did not apply for a premium service. My issue related details are available in my post:

uk-tier-2-employer-sponsored-visas/brp- ... l#p1821046

I have applied for an admin review 5 days back. Hope this was a mistake from the HO. Waiting for an outcome now.

Thanks

BiochemFem

Post by BiochemFem » Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:48 pm

Just posting an update. I applied for admin review online (80£ fee) on 20th August and also emailed to the homeoffice on 22nd August. I got a reply to the email saying that I have applied within stipulated timeframe after getting my BRP card and should submit my admin review within 14 days (which I already did!)

I didnt hear anything for two weeks so I emailed again yesterday and got a reply within an hour saying my review will be considered on 17th September and should hear within 3 days after that. That’s the full 28 working days that they originally say it will take for the review at the time of application.

Thanks to you both for posting here. Good to know of a case that has been resolved. Do post updates on your application @SimpleGuy11

BiochemFem

Post by BiochemFem » Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:13 pm

Final update from my end- got the new decision letter on 13th September. So that’s within just under four weeks of submitting the admin review application. And i am promised a refund of the 80£ admin rev application fees as the error was a case worker mistake.

Hope this helps others in similar situations!

Gordonblackuk
Newly Registered

Post by Gordonblackuk » Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:42 pm

Hi. Congratulations.
How did you apply for an administrative review? Online or by email?
Thank you.

BiochemFem

Post by BiochemFem » Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:54 pm

Hi! I applied through the online link
https://www.gov.uk/ask-for-a-visa-admin ... -in-the-uk but also emailed a copy of the the admin review form to admin.review.enquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk

sptula
Member of Standing
India

Post by sptula » Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:18 pm

afreenhaider86 wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:54 pm
Hi! I applied through the online link
https://www.gov.uk/ask-for-a-visa-admin ... -in-the-uk but also emailed a copy of the the admin review form to admin.review.enquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk
Hi,
I am in similar situation. Caseworker seem to have made mistake with year, by mistake I am granted Leave for 1 year less than requested.
I am yet to receive my BRP card.

have you waited for the BRP card to arrive or you applied review as soon as you got the email ?

I am not sure if I have to wait for the BRP card to arrive

BiochemFem

Post by BiochemFem » Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:42 pm

Sorry you are going through this ordeal. I did wait for the BRP card to confirm that the dates were wrong on it too as per the decision letter. It does add another week of misery though! :(

sptula
Member of Standing
India

Post by sptula » Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:00 pm

afreenhaider86 wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:42 pm
Sorry you are going through this ordeal. I did wait for the BRP card to confirm that the dates were wrong on it too as per the decision letter. It does add another week of misery though! :(
Did HO responded to you only after you chased ? Or they processes as per thier timelines irrespective of you chasing them ?

Do we really have to also send email or just online form is sufficient ?

Would you be able to paste the format or the content of the question you asked them in yoir review by masking you details please
That will help me to write my AR

BiochemFem

Post by BiochemFem » Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:20 pm

I would advise you to email the HO in addition to your online application (see my draft below with which I attached a letter from my sponsor and also a pdf of my AR application). I only got an automated reply at first with no specifics about my case. I emailed again asking for a status update 2 weeks after my initial email. I did get a reply then giving me a date by which I should have a decision for the admin review. So chasing them is important!

Dear Madam/Sir,

This email is in reference to my administrative review application UKVI------submitted on 20th August 2019.
Name: ----
Date of Birth: ----
Certificate of Sponsorship reference number: ------

My application for Tier 2 general visa extension (UAN: xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx) was successful but I am not satisfied with the length of stay that has been granted to me. I think a casework error has been made in my application grant, specifically in the expiry date of my leave to remain in the UK and request a review of the same.

The Certificate of sponsorship issued to me by my sponsor ‘xxxxx’ and UKVI clearly states the requested work dates as:
Start date 11 September 2019
End date 31 December 2020.

According to the above, I should have been granted leave until January 2021, but have only been granted leave until January 2020. My newly granted BRP (card no. xxxx) shows the following dates:

Date of issue 06 August 2019
Valid until 14 January 2020

I also want to mention here that I have paid NHS surcharge fees (600 GBP) for the entire duration of the original application i.e. until December 2020.

As no reason has been provided by the Home office for myself being granted a shorter leave of only three months instead of the fifteen months that was applied for, I assume this is a case of simple administrative error which I hope can be rectified as soon as possible.

To support my case, I have attached a letter from my sponsor to reiterate their intention to sponsor myself until December 2020 and have also attached the CoS that I had provided with my original application for Tier 2 visa extension. Could I please be contacted by email (xxxx@gmail.com) or mobile (xxxx) at any time if any further details may be required.

Yours sincerely,
xxxx
full postal address here

Sidmoe
Newly Registered
India

Post by Sidmoe » Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:42 pm

Really glad to read your issue was resolved and its given me a lesson to double check dates on the BRP's for me and my dependents when I collect these soon. Thanks for sharing and I wish you good luck :)