ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Changing Employer while on Tier 2 visa (job is on SOL)

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ba116
Newly Registered
Kenya

Changing Employer while on Tier 2 visa (job is on SOL)

Post by ba116 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:45 pm

Hi!

I’d like to inquire about the visa application process and requirements of changing employers while on a valid tier 2 visa (BRP expires Nov. 2020) for a job that is on the Shortage Occupation List.

To note, I am not changing job codes, I am only changing sponsors as I have a received a job offer with a new employer in the same field. Any information/pointers to look out for will be very much helpful and appreciated. Thanks in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Changing Employer while on Tier 2 visa (job is on SOL)

Post by CR001 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:03 am

You need an Unrestricted CoS to apply for a new tier 2 visa to change sponsor.

You need to pay the visa fee and the IHS.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ba116
Newly Registered
Kenya

Post by ba116 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:58 pm

Yes the company is offering an Unrestricted COS. However, what is the application process ie is it through an extension application or is it a new application?

IHS i am aware of this as is normal, however I paid for the duration of three years for my previous employer/ current BRP. This is set to expire end of next year. Now I presume I will need to pay for the extra years for my new employer? What happens to the IHS I still have remaining?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:17 pm

New application change of employer.

You need to pay IHS for the duration of what your CoS and new visa will be. You don't only pay the shortfall for a couple of years. If the CoS is 3 years, you have to pay £1200 IHS.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ba116
Newly Registered
Kenya

Post by ba116 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:26 pm

I have been reading posts on here saying that if you are switching employer/sponsor it would be an extension application? As you cannot have a new application if you are in the UK. Is this the case. Also as I have already been on tier 2, the IHS coincides with the COS as well. So even though my current BRP is still valid till 2020, which has the paid IHS for the three years, I still need to pay the IHS for the next 3yrs as well? Isn’t that double paying which is basically ripping someone off?