ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

URGENT - ILR - Life in Uk Test missing from Document checklist

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

deepakpareek

ILR qualifying date

Post by deepakpareek » Tue May 07, 2019 4:50 pm

Hi Seniors/Moderators,

Visa Type: Tier 2 General
Visa Start Date: 04/12/2014
Date of Entry in UK: 12/12/2014
Visa Expiry Date:30/11/2019

Application method - Set(O) online submission followed by Super Priority service at Manchester centre.

I am doubtful as to what is considered as the Application Date which should be no sooner than 28 days before the Eligibility date.
i.e. confusion is between the online application submission date/fees paid online , or the appointment at UKVCAS centre - Manchester

Can you please suggest whether my understanding as mentioned below is correct?
A) 5 Years completion = 04 Dec 2019 (based on Visa start date)
B) 28 days before 5 yrs completion ->Biometric Appointment date = 06 Nov 2019
C) 45 Days before (B) ->Submit the Online application form for Set (O)= 22 Sept 2019

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR qualifying date

Post by CR001 » Tue May 07, 2019 5:53 pm

You can apply no sooner than within 28 days before the 5th anniversary of your initial visa start date.

Date of application is the date you submit and pay online and NOT your ukcvas appointment date. Do not apply "45 days in advance".
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

bizman
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by bizman » Tue May 07, 2019 5:55 pm

You are correct as per the 28 days application requirement before visa expiration, if you apply a day earlier will be dangerous and your application might be voided.
Bizman

deepakpareek

Post by deepakpareek » Tue May 07, 2019 9:03 pm

Thanks CR001,Bizman.

As per below guidance in latest document with second bullet point "the date of decision" is most beneficial to the applicant is applicable.

Below is the content of the pdf file

Calculating the specified continuous period
Applicants can submit a settlement application up to 28 days before they would reach the end of the specified period.
You must calculate the relevant qualifying period by counting backward from whichever of the following is most beneficial to the applicant:
• the date of application
• the date of decision
• any date up to 28 days after the date of application

PDF attached:

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... -v18.0.pdf

Hence still confused. Please help provide with further clarification.

Thanks in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue May 07, 2019 9:07 pm

It's at discretion. It certainly did not benefit the many members who have applied online too early and been refused ILR across different categories.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

bizman
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by bizman » Tue May 07, 2019 9:14 pm

Ensure you apply Within 28 days before the end of your current visa. If you exceed it you will become an overstayer, if you apply earlier, your application can be voided. Note however that the day you submit your online application and make payment is the day the HO will count for you as your submission date.
Bizman

deepakpareek

Post by deepakpareek » Tue May 07, 2019 9:27 pm

Thank you CR001, Bizman for quick reply! Hence I'll submit online application after 6th Nov 2019 and before 30th Nov2019.

deepakpareek

Post by deepakpareek » Fri May 10, 2019 9:58 am

Hi CR001/Seniors/Moderators,

Main Applicant visa details:
Visa Type: Tier 2 General
Visa Start Date: 04/12/2014
Date of Entry in UK: 12/12/2014
Visa Expiry Date:30/11/2019

Dependent Tier 2 General details:
Visa Type: Tier 2 General Dependent
Visa Start Date: 22/06/2016
Visa Expiry Date: 30/11/2019
Current employment Status: Working

Assuming Set(O) Online application submission date 8th Nov 2019 for main applicant, and appointment will be in next week or so. What happens if decision is not received before end of visa expiry date i.e. 30th Nov 2019?

1) Dependent Tier 2 General (spouse) - When can we apply extension -
a.1) before main applicant ILR result received
a.2) Wait till the decision (approval) is received
a.3) Wait till BRP is received.

2) Can dependent T2G (spouse) continue to work beyond the visa expiry date, given that main applicant ILR decision is awaiting and hence dependent extension is not applied yet.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri May 10, 2019 10:04 am

1) Dependent Tier 2 General (spouse) - When can we apply extension -
a.1) before main applicant ILR result received
a.2) Wait till the decision (approval) is received
a.3) Wait till BRP is received.
Your dependent MUST apply for an extension BEFORE their visa expires. If your ILR is still pending, their application will be put on hold. You need to state in a cover letter then that your ILR is pending.
2) Can dependent T2G (spouse) continue to work beyond the visa expiry date, given that main applicant ILR decision is awaiting and hence dependent extension is not applied yet.
If the visa expires and you have NOT applied, then no, they cannot work and will be an overstayer.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

deepakpareek

Post by deepakpareek » Fri May 10, 2019 10:28 am

Thank you for quick turnaround.

Can dependent work beyond visa expiry date given that extension visa is applied before the visa expiry date, but no decision received
Case 1: Both main applicant ILR decision awaiting and dependent Visa extension awaiting
Case 2: ILR decision received but no dependent decision received

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri May 10, 2019 10:41 am

Can dependent work beyond visa expiry date given that extension visa is applied before the visa expiry date, but no decision received
Yes, as Section 3C kicks in if an application is submitted before visa expiry.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

deepakpareek

Post by deepakpareek » Fri May 10, 2019 11:16 am

Thank You CR001

deepakpareek

ILR- Degree in English

Post by deepakpareek » Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:56 pm

Hi ImmigrationBoard Team,

While filling the ILR online application form, it asks the following question, for which i have answered as below:
-Do you have a degree that was taught in English ?
Yes
-Does your degree meet the English Language requirements for the Visa?
No

In the next section I have provided my successful recently PASSED English Test (CEFR Level B1.1) in UK.

However, when I move to the Mandatory documents section it still says to provide the following :
* NARIC letter that confirms the qualification meets or exceeds the recognised standard of a Bachelor's or Masters degree or PhD in the UK AND confirm the level of English to which the degree was taught or researched
Question) I was taught my degree in English in India and also have a degree that is written in English.
However the NARIC process is very tedious and time consuming, and it may now be too late to undergo that process. Neither am I sure that my university will support it.

Hence, shall I say NO to the below question ?
NO

When I state No to the above question then the Mandatory documents list does not ask for NARIC letter.
ANd the application only asks me about My English test certificate in UK, which I have.

Hence, shall I say NO to the above question ?

Thanks

zimba
Mood:

Re: ILR- Degree in English

Post by zimba » Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:12 pm

Hence, shall I say NO to the below question ?
Answer NO to that question
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

deepakpareek

Post by deepakpareek » Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:59 pm

Hi Seniors,

Can you please let me know below queries:
1. To get the employer letters for ILR application(Employer confirmation for employment, Confirmation of Authorised UK Absences, And Employer confirmation of recent month salary slip) . To whom should I address these letters to.
Is UK Visas and Immigration, UK is enough. Or is there any specific point to address the letter. I have to ask my HR to add that.
2. For Absences from UK, only absences required to add if I were outside from UK or I need to mention within UK as well. Like all Annual leaves we get each year.
Also as I am working before with this employer and I have gone back to India to get this T2G visa. Do I need to mention below leaves as well
Went to India 27/11/2014
Visa Issue date 4/12/2014
Enter in UK 12/12/2014
Do I need to include these Annual leaves as well.
Thanks

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:36 pm

1. To whom it may concern
2. I suggest all the absences from work
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

deepakpareek

URGENT - ILR - Life in Uk Test missing from Document checklist

Post by deepakpareek » Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:30 pm

Hi Immigration Team,
I submitted my ILR online application today. While uploading the scanned documents, I was surprised to see that the Life in UK test results is NOT in the document checklist that gets generated after form submission.
So, I quickly checked my printed form, and was relived to see that it correctly shows my Life in UK Certificate No. (Test ID Instance) as part of the relevant question and answer.
Now, I suspect what would have happened is they introduced this change very recently whereby they start asking us to enter the Test certificate no. (test id instance) as an answer to one of the question. Infact this question was not being asked when I started my application. But after few days, the application got updated, and I got this question so I entered the details correctly.
Hence, maybe this has been a technical bug on their side, such that it gets removed from the document checklist or maybe they don't need it anymore?

Now, although it is not in the checklist, I have uploaded my Life in UK test certificate scanned copy. I have my Biometric and document checking at Premium Lounge centre in manchester tomorrow morning.
Shall I be concerned about this ? Do I need to do anything else? Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks

zimba
Mood:

Re: URGENT - ILR - Life in Uk Test missing from Document checklist

Post by zimba » Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:51 pm

No. Upload it