ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRP not arrived - Tier 2 General converted from PBS Dependent

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sankars007
Newly Registered
Mood:

BRP not arrived - Tier 2 General converted from PBS Dependent

Post by sankars007 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:17 am

Hi team,

Till today, I have not received any mail with the BRP. I have filled the online form on the UKVI website multiple times which mentioned I should get a response within 5 days. However, I haven't received a response after the 5 day period. I have called the Visas phone line and they said they have escalated the matter by sending an email and that I should receive further contact from Home Office within 24-72 hours. However, I haven't received anything yet.

Furthermore, my employer isn't allowing me to start work as they said the Employment Check service to confirm if I have the right to work in the UK advised them not to let me start work except after I produce my permit, and that the Home Office approval letter is not enough evidence to start work.

So currently, I Haven't been going to work, I have no idea where my BRP is, and have no method of escalation of this issue.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: BRP not arrived - Tier 2 General converted from PBS Dependent

Post by CR001 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:23 am

Useful to state when you were approved and if you applied within or outside the UK and also what the start date of your visa is if you applied outside the UK??

If you applied within the UK, the BRPs are delivered by DX Couriers and not Royal Mail. Make sure you have not missed a 'we missed you' card.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sankars007
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by sankars007 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:27 am

Hi team,

I travelled to my home country for Visa processing and reentered with the new Visa. My start date was - October 15 2019.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:33 am

Did you not go to the Post Office you nominated in your application to pick your BRP as you were suppose to do??

You only get a BRP delivered by courier if you apply for a visa within the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sankars007
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by sankars007 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:37 am

I am constantly checking with the post office mentioned in the HO letter on a daily basis from October 14, 2019 (Date mentioned in the letter). Also, I am confused about how the BRP will be delivered, as I have converted the Visa from PBS dependent to Tier 2. I wonder my case is that I applied from outside the UK as I entered with a new Visa.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:40 am

I am constantly checking with the post office mentioned in the HO letter on a daily basis from October 14, 2019 (Date mentioned in the letter). Also, I am confused about how the BRP will be delivered,
You are required to go to the Post Office with your passport to collect the BRP.
as I have converted the Visa from PBS dependent to Tier 2. I wonder my case is that I applied from outside the UK as I entered with a new Visa.
You have not 'converted' or 'switched' a visa. You applied for a whole new entry clearance category visa and your previous visa was cancelled.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

sankars007
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by sankars007 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:47 am

CR001 wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:40 am

You are required to go to the Post Office with your passport to collect the BRP.
As I said, I am checking with the post office with my passport and the HO letter on a daily basis. I don't know what to do next. Is there any other way to track this down?

hag9
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by hag9 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:03 pm

Report the issue on the online system (https://www.gov.uk/biometric-residence- ... ot-arrived) and send an email to BRPCollection@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

Hopefully it will be a simple issue.

sankars007
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by sankars007 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:43 am

hag9 wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:03 pm
Report the issue on the online system (https://www.gov.uk/biometric-residence- ... ot-arrived) and send an email to BRPCollection@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

Hopefully it will be a simple issue.
Those things have done multiple times. Nobody contacted me.

sankars007
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by sankars007 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:49 pm

My new BRP arrived on 25 November 2019. But the new BRP has come with a wrong National Insurance number printed on it. I have reported it in the appropriate place in the Home Office website. This is getting worse as my travel is getting affected by this issue. :oops: