ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Keep your passport service - VFS

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Mfareedh92

Apply on behalf of wife

Post by Mfareedh92 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:19 am

Hi all,

I wanted to know if it would be possible apply for settlement visa on behalf of my wife. Would I just need to put in her details and then submit all my documents?

Also I am not sure how to prove if I am in a genuine relationship as me and my wife had an arranged marriage. After marriage we went on a holiday to Hong Kong and I have visited her three times before we got married.

Thanks for the help.

Thanks
Fareedh

geoeng
Canada

Re: Apply on behalf of wife

Post by geoeng » Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:58 am

Mfareedh92 wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:19 am
I wanted to know if it would be possible apply for settlement visa on behalf of my wife. Would I just need to put in her details and then submit all my documents?
Yes, more or less.
Mfareedh92 wrote:
Also I am not sure how to prove if I am in a genuine relationship as me and my wife had an arranged marriage. After marriage we went on a holiday to Hong Kong and I have visited her three times before we got married.
In addition to a marriage certificate, they would generally be looking for evidence of ongoing communication (text messages, emails, phone calls, etc.), evidence of any shared financial commitments, and evidence of any time spent together (photos from wedding and visits together, plane tickets, etc.).
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

uk7592

Re: Apply on behalf of wife

Post by uk7592 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:01 am

Mfareedh92 wrote:
Hi all,

Thanks for the help.

Thanks
Fareedh
Yes you can apply on the behalf of your wife
Arrange marriage is not illegal unless it was a forced marriage.
Marriage certificate, wedding pictures, call records, holiday trips are good to prove your relationship.

Mfareedh92

Payslips

Post by Mfareedh92 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:56 pm

Hi,

One of the requirements is to have statement to say that the payslips are genuine from the employer. However they have sent the payslips with a stamp on them. Is this sufficient?

Thanks,
Fareedh

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Re: Payslips

Post by TODMATT » Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:08 pm

That should suffice.
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

geoeng
Canada

Re: Payslips

Post by geoeng » Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:34 pm

Agreed it should be fine. The exact wording in Appendix FM-SE is:
"Payslips must be:
(i) formal payslips issued by the employer and showing the employer’s name; or
(ii) accompanied by a letter from the employer, on the employer’s headed paper and signed by a senior official, confirming the payslips are authentic;"

As long as the employer's name is shown on the payslip and it is a formal payslip (not just a handwritten note or something similar), you shouldn't have any issues.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

Mfareedh92

Letter for arranged marriage

Post by Mfareedh92 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:30 pm

Hi all,

What content needs to be included in the letter for arranged marriages? I have met my 4 times and we have a few pictures, probably about 10 pictures. Since married, we have gone on a trip to Hong kong. ANy help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Fareedh

Mfareedh92

Re: Letter for arranged marriage

Post by Mfareedh92 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:42 pm

Hi All,

Can someone review this and please tell me what I am missing and what else I can add to be more convincing.

"
Letter of Support for Application’s spouse visa application
Sponsor’s name:
To whom it may concern,
My wife and I had an arranged marriage. We were introduced to each other in November 2018. We have been in communication for the past year through whatsapp calls and chat. After 2 months of chatting, I decided to travel to Indonesia to see her and her family for a couple of days. Her family paid for our hotel stay while we were there. We both really liked each other because and we both decided we would get married to each other. Before I went to Indonesia, I bought her a harry potter brush set for her. It was something silly but I knew she would have loved.
She then came down to UK to visit me and my family when we got engaged to each other. I sponsored for her and her family’s hotel stay throughout most of the holiday. While she was here, she saw life in the UK and how it was for me on a day to day basis. I returned back to Indonesia in the month of September to get my affidavit from the UK embassy. While I was there, her paid for my hotel stay and food expenses. Before my second trip to Indonesia, I bought her an idiot-phone 11 as a graduation present. I know it’s something she wanted. She was so happy when she received it.
After the wedding, we had the opportunity to go to Hong Kong for a week and spend some time together. While we were there, I took care of all her spending her hotels, flights, food etc. We were so glad we did that trip. We got so much closer together, really grew as a couple and we really understood each other. It made us both so happy. We both know we will be very happy together. We can’t wait to spend the rest of our life together.

"

Thanks

iwolga

Post by iwolga » Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:47 pm

I think you are paying too much attention to the "arranged" part of your marriage. This is not illegal as long as this is not forced.

A few bits of advice re your letter:

My wife and I had an arranged marriage.

Don't start with that.
A standard letter will start with something like "thank you very much for taking time to consider my wife's application for spouse visa for UK". I would then do this part:
We were introduced to each other in November 2018. We have been in communication for the past year through whatsapp calls and chat. After 2 months of chatting, I decided to travel to Indonesia to see her and her family for a couple of days. Her family paid for our hotel stay while we were there. We both really liked each other because and we both decided we would get married to each other. Before I went to Indonesia, I bought her a harry potter brush set for her. It was something silly but I knew she would have loved.
I would give a bit more details re dates of travel as you will want to support it with tickets\hotel bookings.
A photo of a present will also be handy.
She then came down to UK to visit me and my family when we got engaged to each other. I sponsored for her and her family’s hotel stay throughout most of the holiday. While she was here, she saw life in the UK and how it was for me on a day to day basis.
Again, give time frame, don't forget to attach her and her family tickets. Was there something like a ring involved (sorry I'm not quite aware of these details)? If yes, a photo, receipt etc will be handy to have in your application.

I would expand on saying how exactly you proposed.
I bought her an idiot-phone 11 as a graduation present. I know it’s something she wanted. She was so happy when she received it.
Well, I guess you already figured my comment. And maybe you meant some other word rather than an "idiot"? Even if that's your overall attitude, there's no need to express it in this official paper.
After the wedding, we had the opportunity to go to Hong Kong for a week and spend some time together. While we were there, I took care of all her spending her hotels, flights, food etc. We were so glad we did that trip. We got so much closer together, really grew as a couple and we really understood each other. It made us both so happy. We both know we will be very happy together.
Same comment.
We can’t wait to spend the rest of our life together.
I would add a couple of lines re your plans together once she is in UK.

I assume you shall also mention your work and your ability (and readiness) to sponsor your wife while she is in UK.
"

Thanks

Mfareedh92

Post by Mfareedh92 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:07 pm

Thank you so much for this mate. Yes, I did not mean the idiot. I got auto-corrected massively. I will add more date lines. Because it's an arranged marriage. There was no proposal. We agreed to marry each other. Hence I am finding it more difficult to write this letter. But your advice is a good start

iwolga

Post by iwolga » Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:38 pm

Mfareedh92 wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:07 pm
Thank you so much for this mate. Yes, I did not mean the idiot. I got auto-corrected massively. I will add more date lines. Because it's an arranged marriage. There was no proposal. We agreed to marry each other. Hence I am finding it more difficult to write this letter. But your advice is a good start
From what I understand, the arranged marriage still requires consent from two of you. Even if the whole "proposal/acceptance of proposal" is done via parents (again, excuse lack of my knowledge here), there's still an agreement from you and your wife that happens.

You said " you got engaged" yourself, so I simply asked what was it? Was it a family celebration? Was it the day when your parents shook hands with your wife's parents? Even if you simply decided that you will tie the knot on the specified date\place - worth saying it.

Keep in mind, they don't need a love story from you but they need to see that this is what was happening and this is how you can prove it.

Mfareedh92

Post by Mfareedh92 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:17 pm

iwolga wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:38 pm
Mfareedh92 wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:07 pm
From what I understand, the arranged marriage still requires consent from two of you. Even if the whole "proposal/acceptance of proposal" is done via parents (again, excuse lack of my knowledge here), there's still an agreement from you and your wife that happens.

You said " you got engaged" yourself, so I simply asked what was it? Was it a family celebration? Was it the day when your parents shook hands with your wife's parents? Even if you simply decided that you will tie the knot on the specified date\place - worth saying it.

Keep in mind, they don't need a love story from you but they need to see that this is what was happening and this is how you can prove it.

Yes,I get it. yeah we have video of the engagement thing happened. It is a consent between the both of us. We both agreed otherwise it never would have proceeded. Thank you for your help. I will keep this in mind

Mfareedh92

Re: Letter for arranged marriage - Second draft

Post by Mfareedh92 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:29 pm

Hi can someone read this and provide some more feedback:

To whom it may concern,
Thank you very much for taking time to consider my wife's application for spouse visa for UK.
We were introduced to each other in November 2018 by our family. We have been in communication for the past year through whatsapp calls and chat. After 3 months of chatting, I decided to travel to Indonesia on the 15th of Feb to see her and her family (1.2) for a couple of days. Her family paid for our hotel stay while we were there. We returned back on the 17th of Feb. We both really liked each other and we both decided we would get married to each other. Before I went to Indonesia, I bought her a harry potter brush set for her. It was something silly but I knew she would have loved it as she is a big fan of Harry potter as am I. I have attached the picture below of the present (1.1)
She came down to UK on the 14th of April (1.3) to visit me and my family when we got engaged to each other where we exchanged rings in front of our close relatives and had a small celebration with close relatives. I sponsored for her and her family’s hotel stay throughout most of the holiday. While she was here, she saw life in the UK and how it was for me on a day to day basis. I returned back to Indonesia in the month of September (1.4) to get my affidavit from the UK embassy. While I was there, her family paid for my hotel stay and food expenses. Before my second trip to Indonesia, I bought her an idiot-phone 11 (1.5) as a graduation present. I know it’s something she wanted. She was so happy when she received it.
We got married on the 3rd of November and we had the opportunity to travel to Hong Kong on the 5th of November for a week and spend some time together. While we were there, I took care of all her spending her hotels, flights, food etc. We were so glad we did that trip. We got so much closer together, really grew as a couple and we really understood each other. It made us both so happy. We both know we will be very happy together. Once she is in the UK, we will be living at my mom’s house where she will also start to look for work. I will take care of all her financial needs when she is living in the UK with me. We cannot wait to live with each other and start our life together. We know we will be very happy together.
Thanks,
Fareedh

Mfareedh92

Post by Mfareedh92 » Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:39 pm

What am I supposed to include in the letter?

ms1993
Member of Standing

Post by ms1993 » Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:31 pm

Mfareedh92 wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:39 pm
A letter is not required. But I included a cover letter in mine and it followed the following outline:-

Name of applicant / sponsor
List of all documents submitted to satisfy requirements and evidence of genuine and subsisting relationship. E.g.

1. Application form
2. Applicant passport
3. Sponsor passport
4. And so on...

I had some discrepancies in my husband’s immigration history so these were addressed in the cover letter (whether they choose to read or not) hence why we chose to write one

In the end, we ended it with ‘sponsor meets the requirements of the regulations as listed within Appendix FM’

ms1993
Member of Standing

Post by ms1993 » Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:43 pm

ms1993 wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:31 pm
Mfareedh92 wrote:
A letter is not required. But I included a cover letter in mine and it followed the following outline:-

List of all documents submitted to satisfy requirements and evidence of genuine and subsisting relationship. E.g.

1. Application form
2. Applicant passport
3. Sponsor passport
4. And so on...

I had some discrepancies in my husband’s immigration history so these were addressed in the cover letter (whether they choose to read or not) hence why we chose to write one

In the end, we ended it with ‘sponsor meets the requirements of the regulations as listed within Appendix FM’
You may also add into yours a brief introduction along the lines of:

My wife and I met on X date, our relationship lasted for X years and we married on X date.

You are very much committed to each other and look forward to spending your life together within the U.K.

Brief and simple.

Be sure that any dates you include match the dates listed on your application form.

Mfareedh92

Post by Mfareedh92 » Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:03 pm

Thank you even if it is an arranged marriage?

Mfareedh92

Post by Mfareedh92 » Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:06 pm

ms1993 wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:43 pm
ms1993 wrote:
Mfareedh92 wrote:

1. Application form
2. Applicant passport
3. Sponsor passport
4. And so on...

My wife and I met on X date, our relationship lasted for X years and we married on X date.

You are very much committed to each other and look forward to spending your life together within the U.K.

Brief and simple.

Be sure that any dates you include match the dates listed on your application form.
What did you think of the letter I posted above?

ms1993
Member of Standing

Post by ms1993 » Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:43 am

Mfareedh92 wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:06 pm
ms1993 wrote:
ms1993 wrote:
Mfareedh92 wrote:

1. Application form
2. Applicant passport
3. Sponsor passport
4. And so on...

Brief and simple.

Too much emotion. It needs to be practical and straight to the point.

You should be aware that the HO are very over worked and don’t have time to read every single letter with emotion. They are trained to check for applications that meet the rules.

Mine was an arranged marriage and it literally followed the exact format as listed above. I was clear to explain when our relationship started, when we saw each other and when we married.

Mfareedh92

Post by Mfareedh92 » Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:31 am

ms1993 wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:43 am
Mfareedh92 wrote:
ms1993 wrote:
ms1993 wrote:

1. Application form
2. Applicant passport
3. Sponsor passport
4. And so on...

Brief and simple.

You should be aware that the HO are very over worked and don’t have time to read every single letter with emotion. They are trained to check for applications that meet the rules.

Mine was an arranged marriage and it literally followed the exact format as listed above. I was clear to explain when our relationship started, when we saw each other and when we married.
Thank you for your feedback. I will re-write it with more facts than emotion.

Thanks,
Fareedh

ms1993
Member of Standing

Post by ms1993 » Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:34 am

Mfareedh92 wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:31 am
ms1993 wrote:
Mfareedh92 wrote:
ms1993 wrote:

Brief and simple.

Thanks,
Fareedh

I forgot to add earlier... You mentioned gifts etc that you’ve bought for her, and mentions of various trips - if you have any evidence of this eg pictures and receipts, it’ll be good to include to support your claim of a genuine and subsisting marriage

Good luck

Mfareedh92

Post by Mfareedh92 » Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:41 am

ms1993 wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:34 am
Mfareedh92 wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:31 am
ms1993 wrote:
Mfareedh92 wrote:

Thanks,
Fareedh

I forgot to add earlier... You mentioned gifts etc that you’ve bought for her, and mentions of various trips - if you have any evidence of this eg pictures and receipts, it’ll be good to include to support your claim of a genuine and subsisting marriage

Good luck
Yes, I have the receipts for the gifts I bought for her. I am hoping it will be enough proof of a genuine relationship. That's the bit I am most terrified of.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:52 am

The receipt for gifts does not stand on its own as proof of genuine and subsisting relationship, it's among other evidence as trips ticket/boarding possess, pictures, communication evidence etc

Mfareedh92

Post by Mfareedh92 » Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:03 am

AmazonianX wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:52 am
The receipt for gifts does not stand on its own as proof of genuine and subsisting relationship, it's among other evidence as trips ticket/boarding possess, pictures, communication evidence etc
Yes of course. It ties up with everything.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:36 am

Mfareedh92 wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:41 pm
Hi All,

I want to ask on if it's possible to escalate the spouse visa after 30 working days like you can do with the priority visa?

Also can a lawyer help with the escalation process only can a MP help? My timeline is short, it's not been a month yet but just curious.

Thanks,
Fareedh
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.