ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 to Spouse visa minimum income threshold

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

kiron1212

Tier 2 to Spouse visa minimum income threshold

Post by kiron1212 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:17 am

My husband has been on a tier 2 visa since 2017. He lost his job in June. We have not received the curtailment letter yet. He will apply for a spouse visa through me in January. (I am getting EU settled status as NON-EU family member may be in few weeks and the application is pending with home office at the moment). He was earning about 22K a year before he lost his job. I work part-time and earn around 9k a year.
He has earnt around 10K in 6 months he worked from January to June. I earnt about 8400 from January to November, in December that will reach 9000. So from January to December, our combined income will be 19k.
Can we use this as evidence for the minimum income threshold?

geoeng
Canada

Re: Tier 2 to Spouse visa minimum income threshold

Post by geoeng » Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:26 am

kiron1212 wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:17 am
Unfortunately it's not that simple. To use income from employment you either need:
A) current employment held for at least 6 months earning over £18,600/year; OR
B) total income in last 12 months of at least £18,600 AND current employment earning at least £18,600/year

In order to meet the requirement either your husband would need to find new employment or you will need to find additional income, that when combined meet the requirement.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

kiron1212

Post by kiron1212 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:24 am

geoeng wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:26 am
kiron1212 wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:17 am
Unfortunately it's not that simple. To use income from employment you either need:
A) current employment held for at least 6 months earning over £18,600/year; OR
B) total income in last 12 months of at least £18,600 AND current employment earning at least £18,600/year

In order to meet the requirement either your husband would need to find new employment or you will need to find additional income, that when combined meet the requirement.
I already have a part time job that pays 9k (zero hour contract). I have payslips for the period. Can I take another job that pays 10K with contract that says total salary per year is 10K and apply in January after working in boths jobs for a month. Do you think this is enough?

My husband can't get a new job unless he gets a new tier 2 sponsorship.

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:21 pm

kiron1212 wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:24 am
I already have a part time job that pays 9k (zero hour contract). I have payslips for the period. Can I take another job that pays 10K with contract that says total salary per year is 10K and apply in January after working in boths jobs for a month. Do you think this is enough?

I believe that should work provided you continue to work both jobs.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

kiron1212

Post by kiron1212 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:21 pm

geoeng wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:21 pm
kiron1212 wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:24 am

I believe that should work provided you continue to work both jobs.
Thanks for your help.